SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Ecc 1:18

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Ecc 1:18

I ran across this verse this morning:

Ecc 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

This is something that I have been dealing with lately. God has been showing me how lukewarm the church of America is. It is so sad. We are 10ft high with teaching, but no preachers to preach the Gospel. Teaching brings illumination. It will increase knowledge. Preaching provokes to action and righteousness, and holiness. Preaching calls to repentance with such an earth-shattering awareness of eternity. To who much is given much will be required (Luke 12:48). Look at all of the books you have read, sermons you have heard, and convitions you have had. How many of them do you still hold true to? How many of us know to do right and do it not (James 4:17)? Where is the pure religion? Who visits the widows in affliction and is UNSPOTTED by the world?(James 1:27)

I agree with this Ravenhill quote:
The true man of God is heartsick, grieved at the worldliness of the Church...grieved at the toleration of sin in the Church, grieved at the prayerlessness in the Church. He is disturbed that the corporate prayer of the Church no longer pulls down the strongholds of the devil."

The true man of God is greived when he looks at the church of today. Anyone who has knowledge of this should be greived. I believe God is still looking for ones to weep over His children. What are you going to do?

Eze 22:26-30 Her priests have violated my law, and have profaned mine holy things: they have put no difference between the holy and profane, neither have they showed difference between the unclean and the clean, and have hid their eyes from my sabbaths, and I am profaned among them. Her princes in the midst thereof are like wolves ravening the prey, to shed blood, and to destroy souls, to get dishonest gain. And her prophets have daubed them with untempered mortar, seeing vanity, and divining lies unto them, saying, Thus saith the Lord GOD, when the LORD hath not spoken. The people of the land have used oppression, and exercised robbery, and have vexed the poor and needy: yea, they have oppressed the stranger wrongfully. And I sought for a man among them, that should make up the hedge, and stand in the gap before me for theland, that I should not destroy it: but I found none.

He is still looking...
What does everyone else think about Ecc. 1:18? I would love to hear some thoughts.

2005/4/2 22:12Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Ecc 1:18

Quote:
The true man of God is greived when he looks at the church of today. Anyone who has knowledge of this should be greived. I believe God is still looking for ones to weep over His children. What are you going to do?

That is a good work brother. I am going to pray more over these scriptures, Lord let us grasp this truth and not forget it. Let us be that [b]man[/b]!

2005/4/3 1:24Profile
Heavenlyman

Australia

Re:

[i][size=xx-small]Quote:[/size][/i][i][size=xx-small]The true man of God is greived when he looks at the church of today. Anyone who has knowledge of this should be greived. I believe God is still looking for ones to weep over His children. What are you going to do?[/size][/i]

I say amen Greg, for i know truly what you are saying.

Claudette

2005/4/3 18:49Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy