SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : The Rapture (caught up) which is first the resurrection or the rapture?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: The Rapture (caught up) which is first the resurrection or the rapture?

Quote:
Yes, this is why the 2 witnesses mess up the postrib scenario

not to mention the number no man can number in heaven along with the 144k DURING THE GT

Got any idea what the meaning of the 10 virgin parable is?

(not to disrupt your astute "biblical" findings)

Psalm1, you see the 2 witnesses and the parable of the 10 Virgins from “your” perspective, which you believe to be Biblical! And Budgie sees those same scriptures from his perspective which he believes is also Biblical.

So, who is wrong? Neither one of you is wrong and neither one of you is 100% correct either, because it’s “your” interpretation of the Bible, period. Remember that your interpretation doesn't mean it’s Gospel but you defend “your” position well, as does Budgie.

Jesus doesn't even know when He’s returning!!! So why can’t we all just prepare to be ready because from the looks of things, it’s going that way very fast.

We could die by a car wreck, heart attack or by the sword... Jesus calls us to endure unto the end, whatever that end may be.

God bless,
Lisa

2014/3/19 9:56Profile
psalm1

Re: your interpretation doesn't mean it’s Gospel

"Remember that your interpretation doesn't mean it’s Gospel but you defend “your” position well, as does Budgie. "

Uh,not sure what you are getting at?

Is not everyone here giving their opinion?

I gladly welcome ANY challenge,to anything I post.

This is why my posts are from the word.Jesus is never wrong,so there is immunity from deception.Not from "my perspective" but from the entire counsel of God (his complete book not pieces I may bring forward)
Most of my posts are the "left out" portions that I am bringing forward.

Maybe you would like to join in and give the interpretation of the 10 virgins?

2014/3/19 10:29Profile
psalm1

Re:

"Please consider the above.

Also who do you say the nations are that Jesus and his saints rule for a 1000 years on earth?"

All of your post was general info.
I am aware some native in the jungle will not even know what is going on.This is not a game changer.

The better question is what part of the population is left after maybe a billion are slaughtered by AC,and the plagues,scorpions,fire balls,earthquakes,etc,etc kill MOST of those on the planet.

If Jesus reveals who are left to rule over,then we will see that small little bit,but after the 1000 years are complete,will there be those who are judged and escape the LOF?

2014/3/19 10:40Profile
psalm1

Re:

"One of Scotland's well-known Gaelic scholars, the Reverend Duncan McDougall did a great job in uncovering where the "Rapture of the Saints", came from. He traces from the beginning with the Jesuits (Lacunza)"

Under you logic,you can trace all your beliefs to the Jesuits.

They were the first to eat with a fork from a plate while seated at a table

Therefore your doctrine is entirely traceable to the Jesuits.

BTW,postrib and preterists parallel Catholicism.teachings.
I would venture to guess that you have never questioned what was written in the early church writings that the catholics burned.

2014/3/19 10:50Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
psalm1 wrote:
"Remember that your interpretation doesn't mean it’s Gospel but you defend “your” position well, as does Budgie. "

Uh,not sure what you are getting at?

Is not everyone here giving their opinion?

I gladly welcome ANY challenge,to anything I post.

Of course you’re not sure what I’m getting at!! LOL Because you think you one of the blessed few with interpreting Christ’s words as 100% right! Right? HA! Just kidding! But remember that Budgie thinks the same as well!! That’s why neither one of you can see each other’s side, even a slither of a portion.

Brother, I do know what I believe but I don’t have to defend it or protect it but I also know that it’s suspect because it is man’s (my) mere opinion of the Scriptures.

And I’m not out to challenge you because I have argued about end times on here for many years but thank God I allowed Him to open my eyes and He has shown me that I still see through a glass darkly and “only know in part” of what the Scriptures are saying (as do you & Budgie).

But anyway, God bless,
Lisa

2014/3/19 13:08Profile
psalm1

Re: lisa

I am here because this is a forum.

I look at what is SAID in the word.

That is why I bring out what is SAID in the bible.Not what I make it say.Mat 24 heaven is the operative word.I simply affirm what is there.Some try to fit earth and graves in there that do not exist.I simply demonstrate the red flags.

That is the difference.But why would I say "I do not understand"? Because this is a forum.And for me it has several dimensions.1) fellowship 2) my own little soap box 3) debate 4)defending the truth. and so on and so on.

This subject is hot.It will ALWAYS BE HOT.

I am pouring over the word.It just simply can not be a bad thing.

2014/3/20 11:56Profile
psalm1

Re: lisa

BTW how in the world do you make that "quote" feature work.

I have tried everything (imagine that something i do not know :) )

Bless you too sis!

2014/3/20 12:04Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: psalm1

Quote:
psalm1 wrote:

I look at what is SAID in the word.

That is why I bring out what is SAID in the bible...

This subject is hot.It will ALWAYS BE HOT.

I am pouring over the word.It just simply can not be a bad thing..

Psalm1,

This isn’t about the “subject” but anyway you have missed the WHOLE POINT of my posts, brother, if you still think this is about pre vs post trib. I will try one more time...

You look at what is SAID in the word because of YOUR viewpoint, “your” perspective – I’m just pointing this out to you because I can vouch for this because that is exactly what I used to do UNTIL I started reading from another perspective.

Brother, don’t shoot the messenger but you are not 100% right in seeing what the word says and neither is budgie and neither am I. That’s all I’m trying to say, you have to give some leeway to people of other beliefs (beliefs within the Christian system!). But five years from now, I’ll probably still see you and Budgie on here battling it out over pre- versus post- trib!! LOL Well, I’m done so...

God bless you,
Lisa

PS:
If you put the word “quote” inside brackets at the beginning of the quote you want to quote, then you must END the quote with “/quote” inside brackets as well.

Replace { } for brackets [ ]
{quote}psalm1 wrote:

I look at what is SAID in the word. {/quote}

2014/3/22 23:02Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: psalm1

posted twice, sorry

2014/3/22 23:02Profile
budgie

Re: Getting back to the subject of the Post

The Resurrection

It is hard to present this any shorter, especially when there are those that desire scripture, so here goes.
When one does a study on the word Resurrection in the New Testament and looks at every verse where this word is used it becomes very clear that there is a very strong and clear Doctrine on the Resurrection.

This word Resurrection is used every time regarding the Resurrection of immortality.

Jesus spoke very clearly on this Resurrection and that it is a Resurrection of the Just and a Resurrection of the unjust.

Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
Luk 14:14 And thou shalt be blessed; for they cannot recompense thee: for thou shalt be recompensed at the resurrection of the just.
Luk 20:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
Luk 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
Joh 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,
Joh 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

Even Martha spoke of this Resurrection and referred to it as happening on the Last Day

Joh 11:24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Joh 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Jesus did not dispute this saying by Martha because Jesus Himself spoke of raising his disciples at the Last Day.

Joh 6:39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Joh 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

There were many who did not believe in a Resurrection and Jesus spoke to these as well as Paul.
It is interesting to note that all the times the Resurrection word is used it is used in reference to the Resurrection in an immortal body.
Jesus raised people from the dead as well as the disciples, but they were only raised again in their mortal bodies and would die again.

Jesus is the only one to be recorded in the New Testament as being raised in this Resurrection body and the disciples only ever speak of witnessing Jesus as being raised in this Resurrection body.

Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
Act 4:33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.

We as believers have a Hope in this Resurrection
Act 24:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
Rom 6:5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
1Co 15:21 For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

All shall be made alive in Christ when He comes on that Last Day and raises His people in their Resurrection Body
There was a false teaching in the Church that the Resurrection had already come and this false teaching was damaging the Church as we see below.

2Ti 2:18 Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some.

As you can see this Resurrection is a future event.
Paul included himself in this Resurrection of the dead and so dearly wanted to attain himself in that Resurrection
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Paul so clearly states that Jesus was the First to be raised from the dead in this Resurrection body and also confirms that it was Jesus and Jesus only that has been raised in this Resurrection body.
There is not any scripture where anyone confirms seeing or witnessing another human being raised in the Immortal resurrection body.

Many raised from the dead but none as being raised in the immortal resurrection body.
It says that when Jesus comes He will raise us in this Resurrection Body, all in the blood of Christ will be raised at His Coming.

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
Praise God His word is true

Jesus is Coming and He will Raise us at the Last Day in the Immortal Resurrection Body and we will be like Him and will be with Him forever more, to Rule and Reign with Christ.
Paul says that we will be caught up on this Day of Resurrection, this is so very True, on the Day of Resurrection, on the Last Day when Jesus comes, we will be caught up to the clouds to meet Jesus with the dead in their new Resurrection Body.

2014/3/24 5:31Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy