SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : To Leave or Not to Leave - A Poll

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread

To Leave or Not to Leave - A Poll

Dear Brothers and Sisters

I have been apart of this website for sometime now and I have given you mine opinion on issues.

I have beliefs that no one wants to acknowledge and it may just as well be kept silent.

I would appreciate if everyone who is acquainted with my posts to let me know if you would prefer NOT hearing from me, that is, keeping my postings and my opinions to myself.

I will understand and if need be, move on.

You will not offend me!

I thank you all in advance, and do appreciate your honesty in this request.

God Bless You

Karl

2005/4/2 16:54
MrBillPro

Texas

Re: To Leave or Not to Leave - A Poll

My Vote Is:

"Not To Leave" :-(

2005/4/2 17:43Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I would appreciate if everyone who is acquainted with my posts to let me know if you would prefer NOT hearing from me, that is, keeping my postings and my opinions to myself.

I really personally think this is a decision you have to make on your own with God. possibly reading the community rules overview might be helpful also:

Quote:
[b]Community Rules:[/b] It is very important to note that you are joining a vibrant community of believers across the entire world. The main reason for the discussion forums being on this site in the first place is for discussions revolving around the audio sermon speakers and the themes and topics they bring up. Of course it has expanded to more but the whole underlying principle needs to be EDIFICATION. Please review and understand what the rules are of this website as a member you are expected to obey them. By registering you are agreeing to these rules and stipulations for proper use of this website.

I do think its possible to edify and bless others without bring dissention and arguments over issues and stands that won't profit people to an extent. Its your choice brother, let God make it clear to you. We all love you here at SI.

2005/4/2 20:03Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: To Leave or Not to Leave - A Poll

Hi Karl,

Am a little confused by this here.

Quote:
I have beliefs that no one wants to acknowledge and it may just as well be kept silent.

"Acknowledge" or 'accept'? Your 'belief's' that is. Think some of us have asked for some clarification on some things and do hope that you realize that the inflections can get easily lost here, most of the times questions being asked are really just questions and not accusations necessarily.

Help us out here brother, giving some explanation to questions or bringing more clarity to what we are trying to say is often what we all need to do. Nobody is above being challenged in their thinking around here if it's done with the right spirit and like to think that the challenge is only unto getting at the truth. Iron sharpens iron.

But to reiterate, think I personally had misunderstood you earlier and after speaking some offline found that you are sincere and a endearing brother.

Keep your marbles out :-D

2005/4/2 20:44Profile

Re: Respecting Sermon Index

Greg Gordon wrote:

Quote:
Community Rules: It is very important to note that you are joining a vibrant community of believers across the entire world. The main reason for the discussion forums being on this site in the first place is for discussions revolving around the audio sermon speakers and the themes and topics they bring up. Of course it has expanded to more but the whole underlying principle needs to be EDIFICATION. Please review and understand what the rules are of this website as a member you are expected to obey them. By registering you are agreeing to these rules and stipulations for proper use of this website.

I had no idea this was a rule surrounding the speakers that are on SI. I apologize for this. I will not speak again my beliefs surrounding the preterist viewpoint here as the speakers do not represent such a topic and I am in violation of Community Rules.

Brother Mike as to your reply, I was not, and will not point the finger at you brother. You are very much like myself in that being a peace maker. I am not at all offended if anyone doesn't accept the preterist view point, I just feel sorry for those who do not want to broaden their horizon in understanding a deeper meaning to the scriptures.

You have asked ligitimate questions that need to be answered but they won't be answered on the forum, but will be answered in more private setting. As I do not want to draw attention to myself regarding an issue that is not taught or in theme with this website.

I want to respect the work that God has given Greg in providing this valuable service here on SI.

I wish to apologize to all the members on SI for contributing a subject that is not apart of the theme on SI.

Thanks for your shared thoughts and ideas.

Karl

2005/4/2 22:36

Re: Clarification

Brother Mike

As I wrote in Gregs reply.

I will not be discussing this subject on SI as it is not in theme with the rest of this website.

Many people do not understand this stand and it doesn't fit in with the theme here on SI.

The theme here is the Word, Prayer and Revival.

Mike is it possible to delete all my threads that surround this topic of Preterism?

I do not wish to confuse anymore minds.

If I wish to push this concept, I will start my own website and offer speakers regarding this issue.

Until then I wish to remain faithful to the rules.

Thanks

Karl

2005/4/2 22:44
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I had no idea this was a rule surrounding the speakers that are on SI. I apologize for this. I will not speak again my beliefs surrounding the preterist viewpoint here as the speakers do not represent such a topic and I am in violation of Community Rules.

Brother, I posted an apology in the other thread just in case you didn't see it. I thank you for wanting to respect and be a part of what God is doing at SI. But I am not saying that any other discussions then Revival, etc is not allowed. But rather the focus of the site is primarly that, but there are discussions about almost everything. The problem arises when the view point chanages and people get infatuated with other side-issues which ARE important but not always necessary. And at this point comes in the idea of edifying, that in these forums there should be a spirit of edification and encouragment (building up).

So please don't feel bad about any of the discussions you did or took place in and they ARE not bad but let us in everything we do on the forums keep the idea of unity, love, fellowship and edification. I am sorry if I seemed to brash in trying to communicate this to SI and other people also, I am just trying to the best of my ability to encourage and facilitate this understanding.

Please do continue to participate on the site and share what is on your heart but keep in mind what is edifying, and use this site resource as something to point to in some of your discussions also so in that way it builds and interlinks with what this site is primarly about (offering old vintage sermons on various topics including primarly revival, prayer, etc.).

bless you brother.

2005/4/3 1:30Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Lost in the translation process

Hey Karl,

That the Lord will continue to work in and through you and all of us here.

If anything think what Greg is trying to get at is [i]thrust[/i] of this ministry and often times it is with the sentiment of 'in general' that is spoken of. Over the last couple of months as you and many know there was a lot of divisiveness and rather unnecessary snipping and bitting, controversial issues and in trying to deal with it all think that even the attempts to refocus and draw back to that [i]thrust[/i] I personally failed in many ways. It does seem on the one hand a part of the growing process as newer members come in and not having a 'feel' for the site and in 'our' oversight not really spelling out a lot of things very clearly there has been a bit of confusion. It ought to be plain enough that this isn't being run by a bunch of geniuses' but a couple of knuckleheads that are trying to get at the truth of all things in Christ Jesus.

It's kind of an applying after the fact. It had been mentioned somewhere in some communications that one of the beauty's of this forum, which is a marketplace for our thought's on related matters is in it's liberty and not in it's constraint.... to a point. And by that would agree that it is not the norm of 'anything' goes, whatever comes to mind, there ought to be some consideration for the [i]whole[/i] and that whole is remarkable in it's scope having members from all over the world now. One of the reasons for being so redundant about that fact when it comes to so much 'American' thought on everything, it's just being aware of each other and considerate of each other.

Think often times there is a lot of things that Greg pointed out that don't really 'fit' here and that would be in the tendencies of some to have a lot of banter that might be better offline in emails or PM's, more one on one type communications and again this is all general in scope.

In regards to editing hope we don't end up going to that extreme but perhaps what Greg is suggesting is a good idea in not being able to delete but to edit only. Not that it is a particular goal I have set for myself but I know I am a goofball and often embarrass myself here and in a way hope that gives others the sense that it's O.K. to fall down and make amends and corrections, bring out some clarity to all this fumbling with words that often get mixed up and misconstrued between our fallen heads and our new hearts :-). By leaving up what we have already stated it is better and easier to follow along with the corrections and adjustments then to pull them out and leave everyone guessing and again this is in [i]general[/i].

So getting back to that view we were discussing, that of preterism think something got lost in all that brother. Somewhere back when it first came up I believe even one of our more schooled brothers here mentioned that he had some sympathies towards it in some regard that I don't recall nor do I hope I am not misstating. Also aware that there is a position in this view that is coined as 'partial-preterist' and again it is something that I don't see why it cannot be discussed even if there is some disagreement, was only looking for some clarity in it's definitions and it's end results, expectations from there being just a Berean mindset of scripture comparing scripture. This shouldn't be a brandishing of swords over secondary issues but discussions unto edification for all and know that it is possible because I have seen it worked out here many times where the views were about as opposite as you could get but the sense of brotherhood and love behind the scenes as it were would also make one think there wasn't any disagreement at all.

So I hope this is of some help to you and to everyone here. A glance at the forum headings alone would show that this isn't a constrained form of rule but that there is some guidelines in place to try and manage things a bit.

One last thing, hope that we might all do some searching of what is already available here in past discussions, there is a lot that can get bumped off the main page in quick succession and that may be in part from throwing up new topics all the time, please don't get the wrong idea, just that a checking into the forum headings and browsing through them will often uncover many items that have no replies at all and often some good thought or concerns could go unnoticed.

Don't forget dear saints, prayer is always needed and welcomed, there is an adversary out there and we are not unaware of his schemes, one of them is certainly a very clever maneuver of pitting us one against another and making it look as if he had nothing to do with it.

Thanks Karl for allowing your vulnerability here and also for letting this all be a stepping stone in the right direction, much appreciated brother as are all that contribute here if we can all chip in and keep this going and growing for the purpose it is intended for, Gods glory and strengthening of the saints. Maybe then the Lord might send revival once again!

2005/4/3 12:29Profile

Re: In part

Brother Mike Wrote:

Quote:
Also aware that there is a position in this view that is coined as '[b]partial-preterist[/b]' and again it is something that I don't see why it cannot be discussed even if there is some disagreement, was only looking for some clarity in it's definitions and it's end results, expectations from there being just a Berean mindset of scripture comparing scripture

Mike, This is a more favorable stand that most take because most Partial Prets can intrepret scriptures to a point. Where they stop is Revelation 20 ie; the loosing of Satan, the judgement seat of christ, the millinium, and the resurrection. The rapture is debateable, as I have a hard time accepting. The Rapture teaching is a young teaching less then 200 years old.

Full Preterism is that the whole gamut is fulfilled, I stopped at the Partial Preterism idea for along while, but then I picked up on some other teachings from the word and from other sources. And I have not come to a final conclusion. I think that I may have confused some of my readers that while I was pushing ideas that I have not settled in my own heart and mind, which no doubt caused some excitement. I will try only to present or represent that which I have come to know and believe and not project a thought that is still in the process of being believed.

Love you bro,

Karl

2005/4/3 12:59
servitude

Re: what a childless display

The whole question begs for attention and shows the lack of personal humility and the desire for self attention. Take up the cross dude, deny yourself and follow Christ. This was a foolish post made by an insecure believer who needs to grow up.

2005/4/3 16:10Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy