SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Don't prepare trust in God some say

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
rookie

Don't prepare trust in God some say

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=lnG6N30DzQw

Gen 14:14
Now when Abram heard that his brother was taken captive, he armed his three hundred and eighteen trained servants who were born in his own house, and went in pursuit as far as Dan.

Abram understood his times, do you?

2014/1/11 10:00Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Don't prepare trust in God some say

Dear brother,

I believe what is much more important then individually trying to survive and protect our family is that we are connected with a strong group of believers so saints can work together and help each other. Hence this network and others are vital to connect with like-minded believers: http://gospelfellowships.net

God will supernaturally protect His elect and also lead some to be martyrs for His Names sake. If we only seek to save our life we will lose it. I do agree there are some practical things we can do and God will call some to know much to help others.

2014/1/11 13:15Profile

Re: Don't prepare trust in God some say

Dear brother:

Thank you for all your diligence and hard work in studying, preparing and teaching on survival for the coming calamities. I went to your Youtube page and you have done a great job and I commend you for all your hard work. :)

Both my family and I have both studied and prayed about preparing for the coming collapse, etc., for years, not as a focus but to know the signs of the times. Yes, we have allowed this to cause us to stumble and therefore we must be wise as serpents and innocent as doves concerning all these things. We also have made some adjustments in the way we think and live.

For one I would NOT like to only attend a conference like the upcoming free survival summit (http://thesurvivalsummit.com/), but attend a meeting/conference where the underground believers in North Korea, Syria, Central African Republic, Somalia, Iran, China, etc., have been dealing with survival for centuries. To humbly hear what these dear persecuted saints have to say. This is the need of the hour for the Western saints and maybe it is acceptable and right in the sight of God for us to humble ourselves and submit to our persecuted brothers and sisters and learn and know the Christ that they have come to know through much suffering, death, bloodshed and pain. The reality of the cross, the reality of Christ and His life.

In reference to survival these verses comes to mind:

"He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of His nature, and He upholds the universe by the word of His power. After making purification for sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, having become as much superior to angels as the name He has inherited is more excellent than theirs" (Heb. 1: 3-4).

Dear saints Jesus Christ the Lord "upholds the universe by the word of His power."

Let me share a quote from T. Austin Sparks concerning this verse and coming collapse and calamities:

"Things do not collapse because He is holding all things, upholding all things by the word of His power. And things will not collapse until He says they should collapse.

If this is true, it is something very wonderful for us. We are hearing so much about the disintegration of the universe, the blowing to pieces of this world. A lot of people are getting very frightened about this. Well, if it is true what is here, the universe and the world can never go to pieces until Jesus says so! Men may get very near to doing it, and then it recedes. It just doesn't happen. It has got like that several times, but the word of His power has stopped it, and until He says "Now - go!" it won't go. He upholds all things by the word of His power.

May we go as far as to say that should be of personal comfort to us? Sometimes it seems that our own personal little world is going to pieces, and that we have come to the end of our little world. Well, it applies there; not until Jesus says so. He will hold things together until He wants them to go to pieces" (http://www.austin-sparks.net/english/books/004537.html).

Another encouraging verse is found Romans 13:1:

"Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God."

Saints, "there is no authority except from God."

Lastly, "do not present your members to sin as instruments for unrighteousness, but present yourselves to God as those who have been brought from death to life, and your members to God as instruments for righteousness" (Rom. 6:13).

Just like Abram, who is now known to us as Abraham "the father of many nations," let us discern the signs of the times and offer up the members of our body as instruments for righteousness. For the lamb who was slain is worthy of the reward of His sufferings.

Love in Christ's name,

Kenneth

2014/1/11 13:36
rookie

Re:

Brother Kenneth,

It was not me who made this video, I just thought it important to share it with other.

2014/1/11 14:18Profile
rookie

Re:

Brother Gregg wrote:

"I believe what is much more important then individually trying to survive and protect our family is that we are connected with a strong group of believers so saints can work together and help each other. Hence this network and others are vital to connect with like-minded believers: http://gospelfellowships.net"

Yes this is true. With that said, if collapse comes, the "strong group of believers" must be local. It is highly likely that internet fellowships will endure only as Paul would pray for those he knew in distant lands. Day to day communications will fail to exist.

To learn to love one another and live with one another as Abram did is the only practical solution. He prepared for the day of adversity and was ready when that day came.

2014/1/11 14:28Profile
rookie

Re:

Here is an example of another time that was evil...

Amo 5:13
Therefore the prudent keep silent at that time,
For it is an evil time.

Amo 5:14
Seek good and not evil,
That you may live;
So the LORD God of hosts will be with you,
As you have spoken.

Amo 5:15
Hate evil, love good;
Establish justice in the gate.
It may be that the LORD God of hosts
Will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph.

Amo 5:16
Therefore the LORD God of hosts, the Lord, says this:

“There shall be wailing in all streets,
And they shall say in all the highways,
‘Alas! Alas!’
They shall call the farmer to mourning,
And skillful lamenters to wailing.

Amo 5:17
In all vineyards there shall be wailing,
For I will pass through you,”
Says the LORD.

Amo 5:18
Woe to you who desire the day of the LORD!
For what good is the day of the LORD to you?
It will be darkness, and not light.

In a time where a nation experiences the "day of the LORD" there is a time of judgement meant to purify those remaining. This also is in Amos...

Amo 5:3
For thus says the Lord GOD:

“The city that goes out by a thousand
Shall have a hundred left,
And that which goes out by a hundred
Shall have ten left to the house of Israel.”

Amo 5:14
Seek good and not evil,
That you may live;
So the LORD God of hosts will be with you,
As you have spoken.

Amo 5:15
Hate evil, love good;
Establish justice in the gate.
It may be that the LORD God of hosts
Will be gracious to the remnant of Joseph.

As Southernprepper1 stated something to the effect....don't rely on the Rapture.

Do not believe as these did...
Amo 5:18
Woe to you who desire the day of the LORD!
For what good is the day of the LORD to you?
It will be darkness, and not light.

2014/1/11 14:42Profile
a-servant

Re:

"In a time where a nation experiences the "day of the LORD" there is a time of judgement meant to purify those remaining."

True, I absolutely believe in the purification and also protection of the saints by God.

Just in case of the extreme case where God asks those remaing to move, I recently read an email from a brother that himself received an email from the "Rabbi from Burbank" - someone I never heard of before, that offers a view that I only heard once before. But the way he expressed it is surprising, because we gentile westerners don't have that kind of view as expressed by him, at all. He is a Christian, or Messianic Jew by the way, just to clarify.

Here is the Letter from the Rabbi from Burbank:

Dear Friend;

Sooner or later, I as a Jew and you as a Christian, are going to recognize each as members of the eternal family of Israel (Ezekiel 37:15-22, Galatians 3:29)

Sooner or later, the Christians too, will be gathered back to the Holy Land of Israel (Jeremiah 31:2-16). Sooner or later the Jews and Christians will become one nation on
the hills of Israel as the two chosen families of Israel, the one promised King will reign over us, and we will never be divided again (Ezekiel 37:22).

Sooner or later, your people and my people will accept our Lord's covenant of peace. For, it is an eternal covenant created and guaranteed by our Lord prior to the creation
of the world (Ezekiel 37:26).

Today, I ask you to join me, in becoming part of the united, eternal House of Israel. May we be one with our Lord and with all those who want to fulfill our Lord's
prophecies and or promises, made through Israel's Prophets and Apostles of truth.

Together we can show the world that the lion (of Judah) and the lamb (of Ephraim) can live together in peace forever and ever. Together, we come before our Father
in one spirit (Ephesians 2:12-18).

Let us now seal our covenant with a HUG.

In spirit, this day, I, Isidor Zwirn, The Rabbi From Burbank, do embrace you as a fellow Israelite. It is my prayer that you, my long lost brother, do likewise embrace me.

2014/1/11 19:27Profile

Re:

Very interesting post a-servant. Thank you for sharing this with us.

BTW, I was just reading today about the security barrier/wall that the late Ariel Sharon built in Israel.

Lord bless you, KM

2014/1/11 20:45
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

There is in the sermon archives here on SI a series by Richard Wurmbrand "How to Organize an Underground Church". In it he details how one can prepare for persecution. This series was shared many years ago but the principles remain true still. Wurmbrand spent many years in Communist prisons, many in solitary confinement. One does well to read his writings of which "Tortured for Christ" is his most popular.

2014/1/12 8:52Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy