SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Certain Hallmark's of Genuine Christianity by Paris Reidhead

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Certain Hallmark's of Genuine Christianity by Paris Reidhead

A hallmark of Christianity is that mark of genuineness that cannot be imitated. True Christianity, says the Apostle John, has certain hallmarks - certain evidences of eternal life. He lists them throughout his first epistle as follows:

1) walk in the light,
2) keep His commandments,
3) love your brother,
4) love not the world,
5) abide in Him,
6) do not commit sin,
7) love one another,
8) receive the witness of the Spirit,
9) overcome the world,
10) dwell in the life that is in the Son.

If these ten evidences of eternal life are not current in the Christian’s life, there is reason to question the believer’s position in Christ Jesus.

Whosoever is born of God has been awakened and convicted by the Holy Spirit and has been brought to repentance. That person has savingly received Christ and has the witness of the Holy Spirit of that event. That person has become a new creation. The time involved is not the issue. The issue is reality! We are begotten by the agency of His Spirit, confirming the change of our purpose from pleasing self to pleasing God.

---

recommended video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP4NRrn2BKw

2014/1/10 13:32Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re: Certain Hallmark's of Genuine Christianity by Paris Reidhead

Great post and great information. I can't pick a favorite from the list because I find myself drawn to all of them. These are truly the attributes of a person who abides in Jesus.

2014/1/10 16:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy