SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : For the Covenantal and Reformed - How did you come to embrace Calvinism?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
kirindor

Soon to be Upton, MA

For the Covenantal and Reformed - How did you come to embrace Calvinism?

Hi All,

I took the idea for this thread from the "Calvin and Free Will" thread. I would be encouraged to learn how others came to embrace the doctrines of Grace.

For myself, I was raised a good pagan. In the first 15 years of my life, I went to church once with my grandmother. I hated being the stranger in Sunday School and never went back.

When I was 15, my best friend and I were both saved. We talked and talked through Scripture. He became a Oneness Pentecostal and I became a Baptist Evangelical.

When I was 16 or 17, someone told me that I was an Arminian because I was a Baptist. I educated myself on the subject, and decided that I was Reformed.

As I studied the confessions of the various churches, I chose the Episcopal Church. The 39 Articles are very Reformed but, unfortunately are not observed, so I found myself a Puritan.

When I was younger, I was attracted by the cohesive beauty of reformed and covenatal theology, and I was over harsh with others; However, through the years, I have learned the simple Grace that our theology teaches.

Who else has a story that they would share?

2005/4/1 19:47Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy