SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Call to be Martyred

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread

The Call to be Martyred

What will happen if persecution comes to America? Are the stories of death camps, box cars with shackles, and guillotines true? Will I be one of those rounded up in the predawn hours of the morning by the forces of the the secret police? How will I respond? Will I be afraid?

The above questions can be dismissed as that posed by someone dwelling in paranoia. But the above questions are faced by believers daily in places like Samolia, Eritrea, and particularly N. Korea.

So how do these precious saints deal with the burden of living for Christ and dying for Him. The answer lies in knowing they are already dead in Christ. In places like N. Korea believers there make the choice they will die for Christ. They see themselves as marked for execution. Yet in doing so the church in N. Korea is growing in the midst of demonic darkness.

I read the average life expectancy of an evangelist in N. Korea is 3 to 6 months. Yet there are those who burn with a desire to take the gospel into the darkness of that nation. They do it realizing their lives will be short. But not fearing death they to it to bring life to people in demonic darkness. These evangelist choose to die for Christ.

If we will make that same choice. Choising to die for Christ. This being the true way to live for Him (Gal 2:20). If we realize that the devil has been rendered powerless and we are freed from the fear of death (Heb 2-14-15). Then we are victorious. We will be those martyred saints who overcome the devil by the blood if the Lamb, by the word of our testimony, and moving not our own lives even when faced with death (Rev 12:11).

Let us choose to die for Chtist. Let us accept the call to be martyred for Him. For such will be honored to reign with Jesus for a thousand years (Rev 20:4). Saints who accept this call will have no fear of the devil. Saints who accept this call will have no fear of death camps or guillotines. For this will be the triumphant persecuted church who crushes Satan under its heel.

For Him Who Was Slain,

Blaine Scogin

2014/1/4 14:16
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: The Call to be Martyred

Amen dear brother. May we be bold for Him now. Make disciples now. Witness now.

To be a living martyr is not just to die for Christ but to die now to ambition and desires of the flesh and do the will of God now even though it means suffering.

2014/1/4 19:35Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
Let us choose to die for Chtist. Let us accept the call to be martyred for Him.

Peter chose to die for Christ, and then denied he even knew Him. It is Christ who does the choosing and who gives grace for the need of each moment.

Ours is to humbly trust in the Father as dear children.

In Christ,

Ron

2014/1/5 10:07Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

True story Ron...

May I ask a question if this is Gods call for us to be martyred why does Paul admonish timothy:

Quote:
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men; 2 For kings, and [for] all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. 3 For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; 4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.1 tim 2:1-4

2014/1/5 11:01Profile

Re: Greg

Brother I agree. Paul writes to the Corithians that be is always being given over to death (2 Cor 4:12). And he also says that he dies daily (1 Cor 15:31). Of course his thought is incapsulated in Gal 2:20 when Paul is stating he is crucified with Christ and because he no longer lives in the fkesh Christ lives in him.

Indeed if we are dying to the tbings of this world by the cross of Christ. Then the guillotine or sword or firing squad or whatever instrument if death will not be a thing we fear.

Blaine

2014/1/5 14:43

Re: Ron

Brother Peter was not filled with the Spirit when he said he would die for Christ. Thus denying Him.

After being filled with the Spirit Peter boldly witnessed for Christ. Ultimately be was martyred for Christ outside of Rome. Tradition says he was crucified upside down.

The persecuted in hostile nations know that choice is already made for them. They know to follow Christ is death. Thus by the Spirit they make the choice to die for Christ. They are crucified by the cross of Chtist. Thus knowing they are already dead to Christ. The persecuted have no fear of martyrdom.

I night add, my brother, the choice is right before us also. Jesus said in Lk 9:23.that if anyone were to follow him they were to pick up their cross and die daily. Thus we are called to choose martyrdom.

Respectfully,

Blaine

2014/1/5 14:51

Re: Zeke

Brother the exhortation to pray for government does not invalidate the call to martyrdom. There are countless testimonies of those martyred for Christ who faithfully prayed for their temporal governments.

However those martyred saints saw that their citizenship was in heaven and not on earth. For they were seeking a heavenly kingdom not an earthly one. I might add a kingdom that they were entering through trials and tribulations.

Respectfully,

Blaine

2014/1/5 15:03
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Online!
 Re:

I would agree with bear's perspective on this. The words of Jesus telling us to "pick up our cross" is too easily softened into meaning something not that radical. To those at the time (with many victims of the Roman rule dead or dying on crosses) it would have been very obvious what Jesus was saying, 'be prepared to die like your master'.
The thing is, I don't want to hear that. I would prefer to make 'take up your cross' to mean something more comfortable like having a difficult boss or going without some luxury.

This is a hard saying of Jesus and hard for me to accept, but we have to come to terms with what this really means. None of us want or look for martyrdom, but it is something many have and do consider when they decide to follow Jesus. It may be that for those of us who have not had to consider this possibility that the days are changing when we will.

However, God will give the grace we need at the time for any eventuality that we find ourselves in. He is faithful and will not let us be tempted beyond what we care bear.

2014/1/5 16:45Profile
Jeremy221

I saw an interesting piece about an Old Believer in Siberia. She is now in her 70s. She made some valid comments about the sickness of the World and though she has not seen much of it, she's heard radio programs and news reports. Her family believed that they had flee from out of the World under Communism and by the grace of God managed to make a refuge in the taiga. Every day they worked hard just to live and build a place to take care of their animals. They existed unnoticed for a few decades but, then, ironically, some Soviet scientists spotted their homestead. Within weeks of contact her three siblings died of some disease. However, every day she rises early to pray and start caring for the animals and maintaining her home. Eventually, someone came to live nearby so she is not completely alone. Is this an example of taking your cross or just misguided devotion? When the rubber hits the road is feeding the chickens and caring for the infirm a cross?

2014/1/5 21:20Profile
Oracio

Whittier CA USA

Re:

Jesus said that the reason the world hated Him was because He reproved it for its sin-John 7:7. He said if they hated Him they will also hate us because a servant is not greater than his Master.

I've come to realize that the one thing that will put us in danger of being martyred even in free countries is our bold witness for Christ. When we keep our faith to ourselves it is very likely we will not face any opposition; the world is generally okay with us as long is we don't bother them. But when we take seriously the call to verbally witness for Christ, watch out. That is when we put ourselves in a place where we just never know what may happen, even in free countries. There is enough evil in the whole world to prove my point.

I know of believers here in the US who constantly face beatings and threats of murder by angry lost people for boldly preaching the true gospel. And I'm not referring to the angry types of preachers who give the gospel a bad reputation.

I believe there is a great need for us to take advantage of certain freedoms we currently enjoy everyday and often take for granted. And I believe the main reason why many of us don't face persecution in free countries is because we are lukewarm when it comes to sharing our faith with a lost world on its way to hell.

2014/1/5 22:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy