SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : This needs to be said...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread

This needs to be said...

I know many people will discuss issues on here, and add the disclaimer: "I know I dont have the corner on truth".

Well, this may be true for some, but not for me. I do have the corner on truth. When I discover something in the scriptures, I know for certain that it is truth. I know that my interpretation of scripture is true and perfect. No matter what issue we are discussing on here... be it tongues, Bible versions, abortion or war... I know I am right.

Those who oppose my views and opinions are either not reading the Bible, or they are reading the Bible thru deceived eyes. There are some who do share my opinions on most issues, and they are the ones who are not decieved.

I think everyone here would do well to heed my arguments. To oppose them is to oppose God.

Krispy

2005/4/1 12:50
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Re: This needs to be said...

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
I know many people will discuss issues on here, and add the disclaimer: "I know I dont have the corner on truth".

Well, this may be true for some, but not for me. I do have the corner on truth. When I discover something in the scriptures, I know for certain that it is truth. I know that my interpretation of scripture is true and perfect. No matter what issue we are discussing on here... be it tongues, Bible versions, abortion or war... I know I am right.

Those who oppose my views and opinions are either not reading the Bible, or they are reading the Bible thru deceived eyes. There are some who do share my opinions on most issues, and they are the ones who are not decieved.

I think everyone here would do well to heed my arguments. To oppose them is to oppose God.

Krispy

I am going to assume that someone has hacked your account - since this declaration is so far from humble, I cannot imagine a child of God, not even an apostle daring to make such a bold statement about their own flawlessness.

Wow. Must be a hack.

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/4/1 13:14Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Doesn't the Pope say this same thing?

The Bible is truth, not you, Krispy.
The Holy Spirit teaches all things, but we can make errors when it comes to interpretations. If something is clearly said in the Bible, [b]it is true[/b]. If it is not so clear, then people begin to bump heads. The Bible is truth, and our job is to be sensitive to the Spirit's guidance, ask for wisdom, and learn from one another. Not everyone has got it perfect, but God.

Sometimes I may believe one thing strongly, and later a brother who has been taught by the Holy Spirit on the subject will correct me. Even John Wesley and Leonard Ravenhill didn't have everything right. Can we not make mistakes?

Hopefully you are right, Dann!

2005/4/1 13:17Profile

Re:

Quote:
If it is not so clear, then people begin to bump heads. The Bible is truth, and our job is to be sensitive to the Spirit's guidance, ask for wisdom, and learn from one another. Not everyone has got it perfect, but God.

Exactly what in scripture isnt clear? It all seems pretty simple to understand. The Spirit will lead you into all truth... right?

[i]2Tm 3:16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:[/i]

If this is true, then a true Christian will understand [b]all[/b] scripture.

No one has been hacking in on my name, at least not as far as I know!

Krispy

2005/4/1 13:31
Angyl

Re:

I'm sittin' here tryin' not to laugh too hard cuz I'm at work...

2005/4/1 13:31Profile
dann

Re:

Quote:

[i]2Tm 3:16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:[/i]

If this is true, then a true Christian will understand [b]all[/b] scripture.

Surely you understand that God did not bring the Israelites into Canaan in a day? He brought them in bit by bit. Do you honestly imagine that God has revealed all truth to you? You have nothing more to learn?

Surely, with your perfect knowledge you have read, "Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion - Romans 12:16b.

How does the Spirit interpret that verse in the light of your profound self assurance?

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/4/1 13:37Profile

I am hopeing this is a joke.

It is April 1st you know!!!!

2005/4/1 13:41
dann

Re:

HAHA!!

I absolutely forgot about April fools :-P

I am going to copy Krispy's post and post it on another couple of sites...

hehe...

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/4/1 13:44Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:

Personally april fools jokes not really that welcome on this site, especially if its done in this manner. These discussions are archived on the site and are read by 100's after the fact, therefore it is very important to remember that its not us we are affecting but many OTHERS with our conversations. I hope you are not fully serious about this but if you are I think that you need to start discussing [b]your[/b] interpretation of Scriptures on another internet forum.

---

Community Rules: It is very important to note that you are joining a vibrant community of believers across the entire world. The main reason for the discussion forums being on this site in the first place is for discussions revolving around the audio sermon speakers and the themes and topics they bring up. Of course it has expanded to more but the whole underlying principle needs to be EDIFICATION. Please review and understand what the rules are of this website as a member you are expected to obey them. By registering you are agreeing to these rules and stipulations for proper use of this website.

2005/4/1 13:46Profile

Re:

uhmmm... [u][i][size=large][color=CC0000][font=Impact]APRIL FOOLS![/font][/color][/size][/i][/u]

C'mon sermonindex... let me have a little fun. There's enough people on here that have accused me of not having a sense of humor... I've just proven they're wrong.

It was funny... laugh. :-P

Brother Dann... did you know the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary? LOL

Krispy

2005/4/1 13:49

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy