SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : “Be Nothing to have Everything” by N. Daniel

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 “Be Nothing to have Everything” by N. Daniel

“And the earth was without form, and void. . . . And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters” (Genesis 1:2).

When the earth was without form and void, the Spirit of God was able to create form, beauty, and fullness. God commanded that the world should come into being. How exactly it came to be, we do not know. But God said it and it was done. Until a man becomes void and knows that he is without form in his heart, God cannot work on him.

Man must know that he is nothing and worthless. Prayer helps him to come to this knowledge. Before meeting Jesus, a man thinks he is a great person and wants to become still greater.

It is good to come to Jesus to know you are nothing. A man who prays very soon comes to know that he can do nothing by himself. Jesus came to this position: “I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me” (John 5:30).

By yourself you can do nothing. Prayer teaches us to be as nothing before God. Moses said, “Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh?” If you think you can do something for God, God can do nothing with you. A true Christian comes to the place of saying, “Lord, I know nothing, I can do nothing. All that I have attempted for You before is nothing.”

A devout lady who was serving God was praying that God should use her. She saw a white hand holding dirty rags and a voice said, “All your work is like filthy rags. Your righteousness and your service are like filthy rags.” If you realise this, then God can take hold of you. God came when all was void and created the world. He created man in His own likeness. He wants to give man His nature.
The world has yet to see the spiritual energy that can come out of one man. We belong to the broken Christ, whose body was wounded, whose hands and legs were pierced. The Cross will make us feel that we are nothing. As we pray we become smaller and Jesus becomes bigger and bigger till He fills the universe.
Jesus can come into you because He was broken for you. The nothing that you are can blend with Him who is everything. People will see Christ in you. Your touch and words and life will be just like those of Christ.

Into the void came God and created the world. More wonderful than the world is man whom He created. Prayer makes us nothing before God. Into this “nothing” comes God and makes us new creatures who are in the likeness of Christ.

2014/1/1 11:04Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Affiliate Disclosure | Privacy Policy