SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Two converted Jewish scholars exposing polluted teachings about grace ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Two converted Jewish scholars exposing polluted teachings about grace ...

Additions to and subtractions from true grace exposed and discussed:

"Some 30 years ago, believers faced a pervasive problem called legalism. Dr. Michael Brown shares how the pendulum has swung to the other extreme to something called "hyper grace." True grace is precious, but hyper grace could lead to great deception and cause many to fall away from God."

http://sidroth.org/television/tv-archives/dr-michael-brown

2013/12/30 23:33Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Two converted Jewish scholars exposing polluted teachings about grace ...

Thank you for this!! I finally saw someone answer this question to my satisfaction! Thank you Jesus!

Fundamental DECEPTION:
All your "future" sins are forgiven in advance.

People come into the jail trying to teach the women this doctrine of demons.

God bless you,
Lisa

2013/12/31 5:24Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

You're welcome. I agree it is SO VERY sad that when Satan has cheated people out of everything in life, and they are in jail, it is so horrible that even there they hear "another gospel" (as Paul says it) which cannot help them but only sink them deeper in the pit that they have been in.

Sin is what separates us from God. If we are ignoring the voice of the Holy Ghost as he tries to lead us to repentance (believing the lie that future sins are forgiven without our confessing them - see I John 1:9), then we shut off our only hope for cleansing ... and thus our only hope for a relationship with God.

May God have mercy on the deceivers and also on the ones being deceived, and somehow let the light shine in.

2013/12/31 19:41Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

Lysa,

Dear Sister I would respond by saying that yes, all our sins - past, present, and future are forgiven. But here's the difference. A truly converted person by the power of God, when he or she hears that grace, it does not cause them to think, "Oh, all my sins are gone, therefore I can go sin all I want." Rather, the true Christian says, "If all my sins are gone and God has covered my sins past present and future sins in Christ, if God loves me this much then I don't want to sin anymore! I want to live for Him and Him alone!" If you have heard any of Paul Washer's sermons, he talks exactly about that. True grace does cause us to live holy lives, but true grace also liberates our souls from legalistic burdens.

- Michael Liao

2013/12/31 22:20Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Michael is, in my opinion, spot on. If the sacrifice of Christ did not forgive future tense sins, then we are all hopeless. But a person regenerated will no longer desire to live in sin.

2014/1/1 0:15Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

Fundamental question. If each time I miss the mark I am required to confess that sin and be forgiven for that individual action, what hope do I have if I forget one?

2014/1/1 0:17Profile
MichaelLiao

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Re:

That's a great question. This is where justification by faith is so important. Pastor Charles Leiter (Paul Washer's Mentor) in his book "Justification and Regeneration", talked about that issue. If a husband and a wife got into a quarrel and the husband leaves the home slamming the door (paraphrasing), if he is a true Christian and he confesses his sin to God and makes right with his wife, yes he is forgiven - but he is already forgiven in Christ with or without confession. Now here's a second scenario, the husband and wife get into a quarrel, the husband leaves the home slamming the door, but here he gets into a car crash and dies before ever being able to confess his sin to God and before his wife. Is he still justified? Yes! Because Christ has taken the husbands sins past, present, and future on Himself. If it was based on his confession, he would have no hope. If it's based on his confession, he would go to hell because he missed that one sin and God being the perfect God will not allow sin into heaven. That's why we hope in justification by faith alone in Christ alone. Our hope will never be on our performance, but on Christ. That is not to say we do not confess and repent of our sins, but those things are not the basis for salvation, but the fruit of salvation.

2014/1/1 1:06Profile
a-servant

Re:

"what about if I forget to repent" is a intellectual concept, not biblical teaching. Does the Holy Spirit also forget?

Rev 3:19  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Jesus will correct all that are his, that are inside his love. The rebuke is the way that correction comes and is proof that we are still under grace. He does not however repent for us, grants acceptance of repentance without our admission to be wrong, or does grant anything in advance by intellectual reasoning that he basically already did forgive us for everything we potentially are able to commit.

be zealous therefore, and repent - means acknowledge your sin and move away from it instead of excusing it, or rationalizing it away

That's why this "future sins are already forgiven" concept is an intellectual one, you arrive at the conclusion by rational reason without actually being part of the process as in Rev 3:19. It then is an abstraction without true validity because Jesus the person is not involved.

Another example:

1 John 5:16  If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Prayer from a brother also can restore the sinner (that is a believer) of minor sins. Proof that this prayer changes the person's stand is this: "and he shall give him life".

2014/1/1 4:36Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Being quite unashamedly in the hyper grace camp, whatever that may mean, there is not going to be a resolution to this issue until Jesus comes again. So discussing this again is a moot point in my mind.

But, what I will say is this. Any doctrine/teaching that does not glorify the Lord Jesus Christ and cause me to love my brethren more is of the anti Christ spirit.

Whatever side of the fence you sit on on this issue, let the person you believe in and the message you carry, bare fruit to God. Loving the Lord Jesus to greater levels of intimacy and loving the people he brings across your path!!!

2014/1/1 10:37Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: Two converted Jewish scholars exposing polluted teachings about grace ...

Quote:
twayneb wrote:
Fundamental question. If each time I miss the mark I am required to confess that sin and be forgiven for that individual action, what hope do I have if I forget one?

It’s a lifestyle of repentance... The Word of God says that “If you KNOW to do good and don’t do it, then TO YOU it is a sin” (James 4.17)

Do you or do you not agree with the word of God since I've not read any source you've supplied (from the Bible)for your beliefs?

2014/1/1 10:41Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy