SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : once justified, always justified?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 )
PosterThread
Psalm73

Arkansas

Re:

THe annoting has been used falsely o we know, how those covetous lucre filled charismatics are!
Here's John, I John 2:26-29 (W.TD.N.T) This have I written unto you, as concerning them that deceive you.
27 And the anointing which ye have received of him dwelleth in you. And ye need not that any man teach you: but as that annointing teacheth you all things, and is true, and is no lie: and as it taught you, even so bide therein.
28 ¶ And now babes abide in him, that when he shall appear, we may be bold, and not be made ashamed of him at his coming.
29 If ye know that he is righteous, know also that he which followeth righteousness, is born of him

Now brother shal betray the brother to death, because I see that many in the churches truly donot love their brother Iacob, how suche are Esau and Cain. FOr these trusted in the world, and their works were evil, which God iudged them by.

I Peter 2:19-25
19 For it commeth of grace, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.
20 For what praise is it, if when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye take it patiently? But and if when ye do well, ye suffer wrong and take it patiently, then is there thanke with God.
21 Hereunto verily were ye called, for Christ also suffered for our sakes: leaving us an ensample that ye should follow his steps,
22 which did no sin, neither was there guile found in his mouth:
23 which when he was reviled, reviled not again: when he suffered, he threatened not: but committed the cause to him that judgeth righteously,
24 which his own self bare our sins in his body on the tree, that we should be delivered from sin and should live in righteousness. By whose stripes ye were healed.
25 For ye were as sheep which go astray: but are now returned unto the shepherd, and bishop of your souls

Can you carry Salvation and health in the same book, try the Matthe/Tyndale (o and n.t) printed out avaiable almost nowhere (call it by fayth)
For Lord thy salvaion is nie to them that fear thee,

For here is the seperation of those that walk after the course of this world, and those that verily walk after Christ
Revel 11:9 And the third angel followed them saying with a loud voice: If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or on his hand,
10 the same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured in the cup of his wrath. And he shall be punished in fire and brimstone, before the holy angels, and before the lamb.
11 And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up evermore. And they have no rest day nor night, which worship the beast, and his image, and whosoever receiveth the print of his name.
12 Here is the patience of saints. Here are they that keep the commandments and the faight of Iesu.

Too much debate to put out with water, I know what comes out of the hertes of men, so no suprise punches can be pulled.

T.Merritt

Risen antiSathanas
Christ will tread Satan under you feet shortly

2007/5/22 14:51Profile
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

KingJimmy wrote:
Surely in the waters of the Jordan Christ did not receive power to be, but rather power to do. And likewise, the emphasis on Acts 2 is not power to be, but power to do.

Not really knowing to much of what you and Ron are talking about I may seem a bit ignorant of some things.

When Jesus was baptised and heaven opened the Fathers commendation of him was in his being his Son. I don't quite know what you are talking about anyway but the account is this: 21When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened 22and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove. And a voice came from heaven: "You are my Son, whom I love; with you I am well pleased." Luke 3:21,22I believe that this was a power to be baptism. Not a power to do as you say. I think that they are connected in some way. You cannot really seperate the two I feel. I think that Jesus' power to do came out of who he was and a revealed knowledge within himself of who he was in relation to his Father. In other words he received the power of him being the son of god. The wilderness was a test of whether he would act like a son of God.

I still think that being filled in the Old testament was a one way transaction of God to man. There was no way of reciprocity from mans side, there is no invitation for him to come and sup with him. Even David spoke of the courts of the Lord not the Holy of holies where we can boldly come.

2007/5/22 16:18Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
THe annoting has been used falsely o we know, how those covetous lucre filled charismatics are!

:-? I'm sure there are Charismatics who are not quite like this. Some, actually, are just as anti-prosperity as any of us.

2007/5/22 16:21Profile
RobertW

St. Joseph, Missouri

Re:

Quote:
Too much debate to put out with water, I know what comes out of the hertes of men, so no suprise punches can be pulled.

Just wondered what this means?

2007/5/22 16:23Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
Because it is at that time Christ received the power to do the ministry that God had called him to do. For it is after His experience in the Jordan that He went into the wilderness "full of the Holy Spirit," (Luke 4:1) and when He returned to Galilee it was "in the power of the Spirit." (Luke 4:14) This is in keeping with Luke's Spirit baptism language.

Ah, so the argument is circular. The Baptism in the Spirit gives power to minister, Christ received power to minister at the Jordan, therefore Christ received the Baptism of the Spirit.

mmm? Who was the Baptiser? Didn't I read that it is Christ who baptises in the Holy Spirit? Did he baptise himself?

Alternatively, if this is a Old Testament kind of anointing with power, and Christ called it an 'anointing' rather than a baptism, it fits the pattern perfectly. The disciples were given authority to heal the sick, cast out demons and raise the dead... all a long time before they received their 'Baptism in Spirit'.

What say you?

2007/5/22 17:27Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:

Even though this has been posted twice it still doesn't make any sense. I don't want to be uncharitable but if English is not you mother tongue I suggest that you put away your Tyndale for a while, or at least get a modern version with the corrected spelling.

You may understand what you are posting but I doubt that anyone else does and as the purpose of these forums is communication it is not really working very well.

2007/5/22 17:32Profile
philologos

Reading, UK

Re:

Quote:
I believe that this was a power to be baptism.

I don't believe this was a 'baptism' at all but an anointing “how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power, who went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with Him.” (Acts 10:38 NKJV)

I think it is calling this 'anointing' a 'baptism in Spirit' that causes so much of the confusion. See also my note to Jimmy about Christ's unique role as Baptiser in the Holy Spirit.

2007/5/22 17:36Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy