Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : DAY BY DAY by Gary Wilkerson

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 DAY BY DAY by Gary Wilkerson

“Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on” (Matthew 6:25, ESV).

Jesus does not want you to be anxious about your life. It is easy to get apprehensive about small things such as what you are going to wear or what you are going to eat. He goes on in verse 27, “And which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to the span of his life?” Jesus is saying, “Don’t do that! You can’t add anything to your life by worrying.” He is setting us free from anxiety and calling us into a glorious revelation of the liberty that the children of God can have.

In verse 33 of this passage, Jesus says, “Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.” He is saying that He already knows what you need and as you seek Him, He will give you all the things you need.

Hallelujah! Christ adds His righteousness to the life of a seeker who is hungering and thirsting after Him. When we met Jesus at the cross and became blood-bought, sanctified followers of His, our victory was won!

Some may say, “I know He brought His righteousness to me, but I might do something that displeases Him and He’ll take it away.” No, the Bible does not say that. It says, “Don’t be anxious for your righteousness.” The Holy Spirit will convict you of sin, and God knows who you are and what you are going through. I want to assure you today that He is more powerful than sin and the sin nature. “He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world” (1 John 4:4, ESV).

The outcome of knowing Him is a rest, a peace, so that you can lay your head down at night and sleep peacefully. You can know that He is cleansing you and making all things new. He does not do that just once but every single day of your life. He is walking with you, working with you, and overseeing all the things of your life.

2013/12/16 9:26Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy