SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Terry Schiavo Dies

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread
MrBillPro

Texas

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Boy, Matt25... If I didnt know any better I'd think someone got your dander up! :-)

Krispy, you better be good :-? and it's blood pressure these days you must be an old fogie like me using the term dander I am 53 haven't heard that term for a while thanks for taking me back in time only wish I could go back around 2000 years then I could have got all my info. first hand of course delivering it today would have takin a miracle. :-P

2005/4/1 9:07Profile

Re:

MrBillPro... I'm 37. You're old enough to be my dad... :-P

Krispy

2005/4/1 9:12
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re:

Quote:

The Bible says "Thou shalt not commit adultery". Do you seriously think that God thinks its just fine to cheat on your wife just because she is brain damaged? "Passing remarks"? It's one of the Ten Commandments for Pete's sake!! If Michael was so "loving" and their marriage was a "bond" that could not be broken, then he certainly would NOT have moved in with another woman and fathered children with her. Oh yes, I certainly can question his motives ... I just can't judge him. But rest assured, God certainly will!

Amen! I thought the same exact things. Till death do us part, that much is still in the traditional wedding vows (even if obey has been cut).

The lateset in this matter, he r husband is doing a brain autopsy and then cremating the body. He is not allowing the PARENTS to come to the ceremony...does anyone know if this means that they will not even get to SEE thier daughter again....? How sad this whole thing is. Day by Day step by step, abortion by abortion, "sexual revolution" by "sexual revoluton" we are becomeing Rome and are getting closer and closer to drowning our nation in the cesspool of filth and sin that Rome succumbed to.

Sorry to rant about stuff not on topic.

2005/4/1 9:24Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Making sense

Have stayed out of all this only watching it from afar and maybe that might give a different perspective of what stands out amongst all this and the many comments here.

Just to make it public record, I do not want to be kept alive by a machine and would give my trust to the Lord that those who may be about me would have the prayerful discernment to let me go be with the Lord who is everything and concur wholeheartedly with Paul when he stated it is [i]better[/i] in Phil 1;2,3, the only fear I might have is to show up to early, with unfinished business... Saying that has it's own complications I realise, all the 'what about's' and 'what if' scenario's, but that too would trust to the Lord to give discernment to those about.

And that leads on to the next observation that I can't help wonder about; How many were really praying for the [b]Lords will[/b] to be done in this instance? Honestly? Much of it, not necessarly here, has the usual ring of the creatures pleading for God to bend to our wills instead of the reverse, and that is from both 'sides' if you will.

The other things that come to mind are how did a private issue beome fodder for the whole world and the media to devour? And where pray tell did all the assumptions, accusations and seemingly 'those in the know' come from? Does anyone other than a handful understand or know the people involved here? All this speculation and grandstanding seems to get lost in emotions and overemphesis, a line drawn in the sand and the gray made black and white. I am of the opinion of no opinion as far as taking sides. It is a tradgedy that started a long time ago it seems and should have been kept a private matter, that it became everybody's business is a shame.

There are untold similar situations by the thousands and just as well dissimilar that get little or no attention. Horrendous persecutions, torture, rape, murder, abortion. Men are evil and that is the sickness of this planet and it's inhabitants. We will elevate one sin above the other and disregard or give no reflection to the other.

Was trying to find a quote, but in a nut shell it is that the tradgey of life is not in dying but in living. In that sense would be 'happy' for her soul. But out of all of this Robert is making the most sense to these ears:

"There are many thousands of people in this nation that are in Terri's condition and God knows each of them- even the very hairs of their head. A group of folks that I have been called to minister with now for over 10 years have ministered to the elderly and the like in nursing homes. Now I am beginning to see why so few nursing homes have Christians coming to see these helpless people and share the Gospel with them. They believe they need to be just taken out back and shot I suppose? What would Christ have said to such reprobates? This site is about repentance isn't it? REPENT of this wickedness!!! Turn from your pharisaical pretentious ways and minister to the needy. Stop with the hypocrisy. I have heard enough. I have heard all the talk- when are we going to see Jesus Christ in the lives of people? I am up to my neck in worthless dead religion and pretense. Where is the love for the unlovable? Where is the pure religion? Who is visiting the fatherless and the widows in their affliction? I'll tell you what, I want no part of such religion that cannot love the helpless. Where is the compassion? Out of sight out of mind? Hmmm? There out there! They are in your towns and cities by the thousands. They are locked up in beds and wheelchars unable to feed themselves. They have forgotten what it means to eat and need fed or they will starve to death. They don't remember their names anymore or their kids names. Some their kids simply tell the nurses- call me when their dead and I'll come up. You have no idea who have not been there. You shoud look into these things. Many of these people were pastors and Sunday school teachers. Many have served God for over 70 years and now theu can't even beg, borrow, or steal a sermon or a word from the Bible. Enough is enough."

2005/4/1 10:44Profile

Re:

Excellent post, crsschk, as usual. My only comment is that our first and foremost prayer should have been "Lord, thy will be done." Many of us, however, would like to not see the Lord's will trumped by the court system.

Of course... if we were all Calvinists, we would say that God's will is always done. LOL

Krispy

2005/4/1 11:03
Matt25

Athens Ga

Re:

Could you guys not tell that my posting was entirely sarcastic? I agree with Dixierain. Was merely attempting to show the absurdity of the argument that our judges made the right decision and that there were no other viewpoints from doctors, lawyers, family or friends that contradicted Michael Schiavo's side. People arguing for the "pulling of the tube" argue that it was God's will, humane, and Terri's wishes. My dander is all messed up over the passivism that goes on with Christians over death by intentional starvation. It would have been much easier to swallow (no pun intended) had we given her a lethal injection. Even the roman soldiers offered Jesus gall at the foot of the cross. We wouldn't even allow Terri to have an ice cube. She lasted 14 days. Her body was quite self sufficient I'd say.

Reread my post carefully.

2005/4/1 11:41Profile

Re:

Quote:
Could you guys not tell that my posting was entirely sarcastic? I agree with Dixierain.

well dont I feel stupid now...!

Krispy

2005/4/1 11:49
IRONMAN

IN HEAVENLY PLACES WITH JESUS

Re:

Mike

Quote:
And that leads on to the next observation that I can't help wonder about; How many were really praying for the Lords will to be done in this instance? Honestly? Much of it, not necessarly here, has the usual ring of the creatures pleading for God to bend to our wills instead of the reverse, and that is from both 'sides' if you will.

That is a good question, how many of us in this whole thing were doing what the lord intended for us to do? How much of what we said or did was inspired by the spirit of God which shows us His will? The Lord moved me to speak on the importance of being sure that what we do is inspired by the spirit of God so it is pleasing to God and how as we are a body of believers not everyone will be asked to do the same thing at the same time. Of course that did stirr up some heated discussion. The politicians did their usual grandstandning and many of us did the same on one way or another, looking to make ourselves look good and righteous before man instead of righteous in the eyes of God. Seeking to glorify ourselves or building a legacy for ourselves instead of riches in heaven.

Quote:
There are untold similar situations by the thousands and just as well dissimilar that get little or no attention. Horrendous persecutions, torture, rape, murder, abortion. Men are evil and that is the sickness of this planet and it's inhabitants. We will elevate one sin above the other and disregard or give no reflection to the other.

You know I remembered watching some shows on the histroy channel and others which showed actual footage of people being hacked to pieces with machetes while pleading for their lives. Bodies and parts of bodies strewn as far as the eye can see. The genocide in rwanda and burundi which happenned to the tune of at least 5 million people while the world just stood by. The current genocide in the Sudan in which at least 3000 people die each day, people that is SEPTEMBER 11 EVERY DAY, and this has been happenning for the last 5-10 yrs. The world just looks on, the u.n. has stopped short of calling it genocide. What grieved me is how we got so wrapt up in terri's story that we forgot about everything else. On every news channel it was all terri, nothing at all about the millions who suffer even worse things every day but don't get even a thousandth (if any attention at all) that terri schaivo got. Not to say her story wasn't important, but we treated it as if the whole of creation was hanging in the balance. The world continues to turn people, and there are so many out there who are in need of our prayers, our gifts, our compassion, our love and will we step up to the plate?

Quote:
here are many thousands of people in this nation that are in Terri's condition and God knows each of them- even the very hairs of their head. A group of folks that I have been called to minister with now for over 10 years have ministered to the elderly and the like in nursing homes. Now I am beginning to see why so few nursing homes have Christians coming to see these helpless people and share the Gospel with them. They believe they need to be just taken out back and shot I suppose? What would Christ have said to such reprobates? This site is about repentance isn't it? REPENT of this wickedness!!! Turn from your pharisaical pretentious ways and minister to the needy. Stop with the hypocrisy. I have heard enough. I have heard all the talk- when are we going to see Jesus Christ in the lives of people? I am up to my neck in worthless dead religion and pretense. Where is the love for the unlovable? Where is the pure religion? Who is visiting the fatherless and the widows in their affliction? I'll tell you what, I want no part of such religion that cannot love the helpless. Where is the compassion? Out of sight out of mind? Hmmm? There out there! They are in your towns and cities by the thousands. They are locked up in beds and wheelchars unable to feed themselves. They have forgotten what it means to eat and need fed or they will starve to death. They don't remember their names anymore or their kids names. Some their kids simply tell the nurses- call me when their dead and I'll come up. You have no idea who have not been there. You shoud look into these things. Many of these people were pastors and Sunday school teachers. Many have served God for over 70 years and now theu can't even beg, borrow, or steal a sermon or a word from the Bible. Enough is enou

God has mercy on us all for wanting to glorify ourselves at His expense. Maybe now that Terri is at rest we can decompress and start to pay more heed to what the lord would have us do. It will be of critical importance given the judgement that is about to come.

2005/4/1 11:52Profile
dixierain

Louisiana, U.S.A.

Re:

Quote:
Could you guys not tell that my posting was entirely sarcastic? I agree with Dixierain.

Um, sorry ... I didn't realize you were being sarcastic.

2005/4/1 13:50Profile
lastblast

Michigan

Re:

Dixierain,

You completely misunderstood the true meaning behind Matt's last posting. He is being sarcastic. In truth, he is utterly grieved over the lack of compassion and disregard for the sanctity of life concerning Terri Schiavo.

Robert, AMEN!! to your post.........In Jesus, Cindy

edited to add: oops, guess I should have read through the whole thread before jumping in to Matt's defense. :-P

2005/4/1 14:03Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy