SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Terry Schiavo Dies

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Terry Schiavo Dies

It's official... our court system committed [b]murder[/b].

Today will be as historical as when the wicked Roe-vs-Wade decision came down in the early 1970's.

Father, forgive them... for they know not what they do.

Judgement on America is not far off.

Krispy

2005/3/31 10:10
Angyl

Re: Terry Schiavo Dies

HAH! Our first disagreement here!

Quote:
It's official... our court system committed murder.

No...our courts granted someone's wish that they be [b]allowed to die.[/b]

May she rest in peace. And if you think that this issue will bring God's judgement on the nation, you are blinded to the hundreds of such deaths that happen in this country [b]EVERY YEAR[/b], homosexuality run rampant, murders, people starving in the street, insanity, a greater than 50% divorce rate, the continued stripping of God from public...now we're not even allowed to use scripture if we're on a jury, and many many other crimes against God.

And you feel one death is going to be the ruin of us?

Judgement is coming to America, Yes. But not because of Terri. She's an extremely minute ripple in a [b]VERY BIG[/b] ocean of sin. (Not conceeding that what happened here was Sin, just saying that if God does see it tht way...)

2005/3/31 10:37Profile

If the government took prayer out of the school, legalized abortion clinics, legalize gay marriages,

I am sure they know exactly what they are doing.

Not being contentious, just giving a thought.

I have seen this article about this woman in the paper but I haven't read nothing concerning her case, I don't even know what it's all about.

I thought it might be something that this woman wanted the right to die, but the government stepped in and said no, or something of that nature.

Karl

2005/3/31 10:41

Re:

Well, my brother, we agree... we disagree.

We are to believe her husband who says after watching a movie that she would not want to live that way. There was nothing in writing and no witnesses. There is some question as to why she was in the state she was in... and some have intimated that there was more to it, implicating some suspicion about her husband.

This was a man who has been living with a woman and fathered 2 children out of wedlock. I personally believe that his motives were less than pure.

The answer to this, since there was so much mystery to it all would have been to let her parents have custody of her, and he would be free to move on.

This is why it's so important to have a living will... in writing, and legal.

You are correct that all the other sins of this nation are bringing judgement on us, I in no way meant to imply it was just this one case alone. But today we have witnessed a court sanctioned murder.

Other than that, brother... we're usually on the same page! Let this be an example to everyone else that two brothers in Christ can agree 99% of the time... and disagree agreeably 1% of the time.... and do it in a civil manner.

Krispy

2005/3/31 10:45
Angyl

Re:

healing waters, a basic summary of the facts:

Terri suffered a collapse and stroke many years ago and wound up in a coma.

She woke up from the coma months later but was in what the doctos referred to as "persistent vegitative state." There is some dispute over her actual condition.

Her husband spent years and lots of money trying to get therapy for her.

Eventually he moved on with his life (at Terri's parents suggestion, even) and decided that therapy was not working, so it was time to let her go.

The courts sent a neutral reviewer to assess her condition. He agreed with Michael, that there was no chance of recovery for Terri.

The court battle that ensued was basically to determine ONE THING: Did Terry indeed express a desire to be kept off of artificial life support? She left no living will.

The courts decided that indeed she had expressed such wishes. It is interesting to note that the vast majority of Americains feel the same way...they would not want to be kept alive in Terri's condition.

Once that decision was made, the decision followed to remove all forms of life support for Terri...AS THE COURTS DETERMINED WAS HER WISH.

The parents fought.

The feeding tube was restored.

Michael foght.

The feeding tube was pulled.

The parents fought.

The feeding tube was restored.

Michael fought.

The feeding tube was removed for the last time nearly two weeks ago.

Now Terri is dead...legally...at her request to not be sustained in this condition.

Now people will come and try to argue that it wasn't REALLY what Terri wanted (how they can know this when it goes against the general grain of the Majority thinking is beyond me).

OR they will argue that it is irrelevant what she wanted, the government should force people to stay alive in that condition against their wishes.

Lord help us if we ever have a government forcing that kind of "life" (and I use the term loosely) on its citizens.

What we had here was [b]NOT[/b] a government saying "[i]I don't care what you think or how you feel, you don't deserve to live in this contion... [b]die DIE [u]DIE YOU CRIPPLE!![/u][/b][/i]"

There are thousands in this country in states just like Terri who left directives (or at their spouse's requests) are being kept alive without government interference. Despite what "pro-life" alarmists would have us think, police officers are not about to show up at their bedsides and start pulling life support tubes in some kind of judicial frenzy.

We have a government that is saying "As far as I know, Terri [b]DID NOT[/b] want to be kept alive like this... we will agree to her wishes and let her go."

I see nothing wrong with that at all. Though I will state it is terribly unfortunate that she had to die by starvation, I still think that's a paltry price for anyone to pay to end up with the Lord, and I'd [b]gladly[/b] go through it if living in a hospital bed and minimally (if at all) conscious were my only alternative.

2005/3/31 10:54Profile
Angyl

Re:

Quote:
Other than that, brother... we're usually on the same page! Let this be an example to everyone else that two brothers in Christ can agree 99% of the time... and disagree agreeably 1% of the time.... and do it in a civil manner.

Yeah, I still love you. I knew you couldn't be perfect. :-P

2005/3/31 11:02Profile

Re:

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with that at all.

If thats truly what she wanted, I agree. However, there is reasonable doubt that suggests that her statement to her husband may have never happened.

Again, this is why everyone needs to get a living will. It makes things a lot easier for those who are left to deal with it when we are incapacitated.

My wife and I have them. I did mine before I went to Kuwait in the first Gulf War. Altho my wife claims that I am in a vegetative state at times, she has graciously ignored my living will. :-)

Krispy

2005/3/31 11:04
Angyl

Re:

Quote:
My wife and I have them. I did mine before I went to Kuwait in the first Gulf War. Altho my wife claims that I am in a vegetative state at times, she has graciously ignored my living will.

Now that's funny. And I agree with you as well in you're agreement with me. If this is [b]NOT[/b] what Terri wanted, then our Courts have done her a grave disservice and what they did was murder...

but it was done in ignorance. I don't necessarily think God will judge a nation for all the mistakes the legal system (and there are millions, I'm sure) makes in ignorance.

Although I don't have a living will, I really need to get one...ironically, I need one to keep my wife from forcing me to live like Terri. She's stated empathically that she would not...could not...pull any plug on me, so I need to give that legal choice to my mom. My wife doesn't need a living will, though. She wants to live like that and I've no problem letting her stay hooked up if those are her wishes.

2005/3/31 11:13Profile
Angyl

Re:

Please, let me repeat for those who I know are going to read this and disagree with my position.

[b]I AM 100% FOR PATIENT'S RIGHTS[/b]

I believe the courts when they determined that Terri would not want to be kept alive. I believe it primarily because I feel the same way and so do most Americans. The odds are in our favor.

Regardless of that.

[b]IF[/b]:

Terri did not want to be kept alive like this... What happened today was justice. The patient's rights were upheld.

[b]IF[/b]:

Terri DID want to be kept alive...what happened today was an accidental murder, because our courts are charged with doing the best they can with the evidence they have. They send people to be executed that are innnocent. Same happened today. I don't think the Lord will hold such against them.

We are imperfect beings with an imperfect system. Today highlights the truth of that. Get a living will, or trust your spouse, because the precedent that was set here is this:

Your spouse will determine your fate. And again, I think this is the right decision for the courts to make...even over the disagreeement of parents, siblings and children. If you trust your spouse to faithfully execute your desires, then you shouldn't need a living will (barring extraordinary circumstances like a car accident where your spouse dies and you wind up the vegetable...)

[b]GET A LIVING WILL.[/b] Spare the country from another hideous situation like the one we were just put through.

2005/3/31 11:22Profile
InTheLight

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Quote:
It's official... our court system committed murder.

Quote:
the government took prayer out of the school, legalized abortion clinics, legalize gay marriages,

For all our finger pointing I can't help but believe that the culpability for all this lies with the church.

Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men. (Matthew 5:13)

I feel a deep sadness over this whole Sciavo ordeal, can't help but feel that there is something of a deep significance in this event that speaks to the condition of our society...love grown cold.

Let's pray for mercy and for God to revive a salty church.

In Christ,

Ron

2005/3/31 11:27Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy