SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : Revival Forum Interview with Leonard Ravenhill

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
PosterThread
Jeremy221

Revival Forum Interview with Leonard Ravenhill

Revival Forum Interview by Leonard Ravenhill

Topic: Revival
Scripture(s): Jeremiah 2:13, Psalm 85:6
Description: This is a very jarring and powerful interview of Leonard Ravenhill. It occurred at a Life Action event in Canada with a group of pastors. Ravenhill shares his burden for revival in North America and clearly show the problem of lack of prayer, lack of burden for the lost and a loss of the conception of the majesty of God.

https://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=24656

2013/12/8 22:30Profile

Re: Revival Forum Interview with Leonard Ravenhill

Ravenhill says that the church in America is in a bad way. So what has come of the many years he has been preaching? And what of the ministry of the two sons he boasts about? The problem is not in evangelism as he says, that produces fake believers, the problem is in men like him who think that they are anointed but they are not. If he had lived what he preached then revival would have come. He beats an empty drum.

2013/12/9 2:13
Jeremy221

Re:

Don't play with straw men, they catch fire. Do you always walk in the Spirit? Always…? Even to listen to this interview?

2013/12/9 2:57Profile

Re:

Jeremy I listened to it all and no I am not walking in the Spirit but have done and know when another is.

2013/12/9 3:12
Jeremy221

Re:

Ok, if you're not walking in the Spirit then you aren't eating the Word that is your daily bread. This message was not for you at this time.

2013/12/9 10:27Profile

Re:

Jeremy, l have no known sin and spend my days in prayer and scripture study but that is not walking in grace.

2013/12/9 11:18
enid

Nottingham, England

Re:

I don't exactly understand what is taking place here, but I've listened to this interview more than once, and I've never had a problem with it.

But, that's me.

2013/12/9 11:55Profile
Jeremy221

Re: clarification

Hi,

Jesus said that He has meat to eat that the disciples did not know about which was to do the Will of His Father which was revealed moment by moment and day by day. He was always full of Life. Mary and Maratha wept for Lazarus because though they saw the Life in Jesus Christ, it was not in them or the means by which they lived. They didn't know resurrection power as more than a doctrine though it was something Martha referred to in hope for her dear brother. Do you think that Martha knew of the times Christ forgave sin? He who forgave sin also has authority to give new life. He was given this authority by the Father and shares it with us through the Holy Spirit who taught Jesus where to go and what to say. He also teaches what not to say and where not to go. The Spirit that instructed Jesus to raise Lazurus from the dead also kept Him from going to him when he was still sick. The not going was as much God's will.

Do you get it now?

2013/12/9 20:41Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re:

Quote:
krautfrau wrote:
the problem is in men like him who think that they are anointed but they are not. If he had lived what he preached then revival would have come. He beats an empty drum.

I rest my case.

2013/12/9 21:21Profile

Re:

Lisa l am not walking in the anointing. I pray to God that one day l will. Once one has, then it is easy to see if others are operating in it. It definitely does not mean preaching a popular message which is what preachers like Ravenhill preach. Everyone wants to see revival, but just talking about it does not bring it about, even longing for it does not.

Men like Ravenhill are pointing the finger outside of themselves for the reason why revival tarries. If others were acting like themselves, they say, then it would come. If they saw that they themselves needed to be revived then we might get somewhere.

I realise l am touching a holy cow here or a golden calf rather in saying that men like Ravenhill and Poonan are wrong. They are not holiness preachers.

2013/12/9 23:32

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy