SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : Making homosexuality personal

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re: Dennis Jernigan testimony

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we03VEmJ6_M
(in three parts)

He also wrote You Are My All In All.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtiU1VD1CCM

2013/12/6 15:36Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:

Re: Only possibility for him is to suppress and live as single all his life.
by tuc on 2013/12/6 14:31:34

Really?

It appears that you have forgotten about God's changing power.

The one who lives by his power cannot forget it, it is like forgetting to breath. But those for whom God's power is only theory instead of practical they need to keep reminded of his power. It will be good if you understand my post instead of misquoting them. That line was a response to those who believe homosexual men are born with some physical abnormalities and somehow they have to give up this natural lifestyle of them when they come to Christ. Again a natural attraction towards same sex is different from homosexual temptation. I believe all homosexuals are men who choose to reject their natural desire for women and selected this life style. When they come to Jesus he can save them from this lifestyle that they wilfully chose for them. His spirit has power to save them from all future temptations.

Any belief that people are born homosexual is a deception and it is unscriptural. It clearly shows their lack of respect for scripture. Also their arguments keep contradicting themselves and sadly they are not logically sound enough to realise it.

2013/12/6 20:34Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:
by ADisciple on 2013/12/6 15:36:49

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we03VEmJ6_M
(in three parts)

He also wrote You Are My All In All.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtiU1VD1CCM

His testimony clearly proves my point. He confesses that it was a sexual abuse when he was 5 that made him believe a lie that he was born different. This is a temptation to believe a lie and Jesus saved him from that. This is what I meant when i said you guys who believe homosexuals are born that way keep contradicting your self.

2013/12/6 20:53Profile
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Sree, if you think that the testimony of one man sets the precedent for all, I am not sure what I can say to you. My point in providing this link was to show that God can change homosexuals, so much so that, like this man, they have a desire for the opposite sex. The Spirit of God can do this; they don't have to suppress their desire for the rest of their life. Dennis Jernigan is someone with a living testimony to this fact; there are others there on Youtube as well. But I am saying, let us not just settle for the occasional victory we see in our day. I believe God wants to release a mighty move of the Spirit that will release homosexuals on the same scale that has overcome thousands upon thousands of men and women in our day. Let us seek Him for it!

And I am not contradicting myself by saying that I believe homosexuals are "born" that way. You are still misunderstanding me. I am sorry if I have not been more clear. I am not saying that this excuses them. But, for example, I know of a young woman (from a loving home, by the way) who has struggled for years with homosexual temptation. She has agonized over this. It is not willful sin. It is a "propensity" in her that has been there, I would say from birth. No, I don't believe it is genetic. But I do believe that sin in the hearts of all those born in Adam is a very deep problem that can only be met with God's provision, as outlined by Paul in 1 Cor. Ch. 6.11. Why is this provision so lacking in our day? That is the question I agonize over. I wish more Christians were doing the same.

Because... how is this young woman to be treated? Lay down the law to her? Shun her? God help us if that is what we think. We must be seeking God earnestly for a return of the provision Paul had-- not the Name of the Lord Jesus alone, but the cleansing power of the Spirit of God, who comes in His Name to make manifest in power all that is in His Name.

Please let us be careful not to misunderstand one another, Sree. I often appreciate your posts here on SI.

2013/12/6 22:17Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Below is something I found from my twitter feed. I watched a trailer on it and it points back to what I struggle with when it comes to men who are very feminine and women are are very masculine as well as those who are gay and it seemed evident that it is a part of them.

This is supposed to be on PBS at some point I guess.
Comments?
The bible never addresses things like this. Only that man shall not lie with man as with woman.

http://twospirits.org/

TWO SPIRITS interweaves the tragic story of a mother’s loss of her son with a revealing look at a time when the world wasn’t simply divided into male and female, and many Native American cultures held places of honor for people of integrated genders.

2014/1/3 13:23Profile
UntoBabes

Oregon

Re:

I like this testimony best because it addressed people who are born with gay tendancies.
I believe the fallen nature we are born with can manifest itself in many ways. Some are born with leanings toward love of money, others lying, gossip, racism, while others lust and sexual perversions or whatever the manifestation maybe. The good news of the gospel is that Christ can free from all sin.

http://youtu.be/0SRJSBzs1qc

2014/1/3 14:38Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

QUOTE:

Sometimes you just have to stand alone against a sin-stained world view.

And..it is a lonely place to be.

2014/1/3 17:27Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy