SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Making homosexuality personal

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:
I know you're looking for an answer. Here is a video series from a man in spiritual warfare counseling. a very nice, merciful man I talked with once.

Jim Logan - Spiritual Warfare - The Battle - Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPHVLdT35_4

8 parts total

hope this helps

I have watched part 1 and 2.

Thought it was going to be very dry but he puts some life into what he is saying. I plan to watch the entire series.

2013/12/6 7:53Profile

Re: Making homosexuality personal

Deadn,

This will help educate you on the subject.

http://www.purelifeministries.org/setting-men-free

2013/12/6 8:32
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Sree said, "Your argument is confusing because you are saying God did not make them that way but they are born that way. God is the one who created us all and planned us even before the creation of earth, so if Homosexuals were Born different then it cannot be outside God's plan."

The reason that it is not God who made them that way, Sree, is because God did not create man in sin. It was "by one man" that sin entered the world..." (Rom. 5.12). So it is very likely that certain people could have a propensity toward homosexual temptation from birth. Yet this can't be blamed on God.

2013/12/6 10:41Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re: Making homosexuality personal

QUOTE:

Some Christians have homosexual kids and as a result support them in their ways and push for tolerance. It becomes very personal and therefore what parent doesn't fight for their kid? How hard is it for a parent to divide their love for their kid for the love of God and the justice of God in regards to homosexuality?

I see where all the posts addressed the question of homosexuality, the fact it is a family member was not addressed, I do not think.

But you raised an issue that has troubled many a sincere Believer: how does one deal with a child who chooses a life of perversion? The child was raised to abhor these things but now embraces them, how does a parent deal with it?

One can respond in one of two ways: justify it or stand your ground on the authority of the WORD.

There are many public figures and more private ones who find their child involved in perversion. Many of these children are finding support in their 'church' for their choices and are now very religious which in turn challenges our perception of sin. What they used to call sin they are now reconsidering their stance on the issue saying they were wrong because - you fill in the blanks, you have heard it all.

The pressure is strong to accommodate sin because parents are told they are old-fashioned, that nobody (important - spell that enlightened, educated) believes that anymore. They feel intimidated because they are. And they cave in.

(I have seen many preachers back off from firmly held beliefs because now their child is involved and they hate to see their child go to hell. Somehow they have missed it by believing they are the one who says who goes to heaven or hell.)

On the other hand you have parents who keep their eyes focused on the LORD Jesus knowing full well He is the authority of ALL of life, that He does not change and will not change to accommodate my child's willful sin. The LORD has provided one with the resources to combat sin and temptation and to willfully ignore them is a slap in God's face.

What is a parent's Biblical response? Our hope and faith is in the LORD Jesus. My child can never save me, neither can any well placed preacher, theologian; nor can I save my child. Nobody else but the LORD Jesus and we do well to stay rooted and grounded in Him. When one does this you pray and pray for your child. In the meantime you keep loving him. You do not expect his friends to accommodate his life choices but you are the parent and you keep loving him/her as your child. You need a divine infusion of love regularly to carry this off.

God bless.

2013/12/6 11:03Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

Well said, Sandra!

Ezekiel 18 is a good "go to" for what you are saying. God has always held individuals accountable to Himself, but it is understandable that people who serve a god of their own creation see themselves in a place of safety because of their membership in a group.

Sometimes you just have to stand alone against a sin-stained world view.

2013/12/6 11:52Profile
Sree

Re:

Quote:
I think there is little doubt that there is a genetic component. I, like Deadn, have known kids growing up who at a very young age we all knew were effeminate and ultimately came out later as being gay. But they had brothers and sisters who were heterosexiual.

Again you are assuming something based on a small subset you have seen. When science itself has not proven it, I find it funny that so called Christians conclude things that atheists will love to hear. I have seen men who are effeminate from childhood and are not homosexual. They have been married to women and have kids. There is no relation between harmonal imbalance in men that leads to effeminate character and homosexuality. One reason why such men are driven to homosexuality could be because women normally reject such men. Hence they turn their attention to men.

2013/12/6 11:53Profile

Re:

great John. I'm glad. I've seen you wrestle with questions about "why does God.." etc, and for a while I've wanted to share something with you to help you understand this kind of thing. hopefully this series will bless you in that way

2013/12/6 11:57
Sree

Re:

Quote:
The reason that it is not God who made them that way, Sree, is because God did not create man in sin. It was "by one man" that sin entered the world..." (Rom. 5.12). So it is very likely that certain people could have a propensity toward homosexual temptation from birth. Yet this can't be blamed on God.

We are not talking about homosexual temptation which any human being can have. We are talking about a person born homosexual and is naturally made with zero attraction for opposite sex and has only attraction towards same sex. This is not temptation but orientation. This makes same sex attraction of a gay same as my opposite sex attraction (since both came from birth). I have channeled this attraction in a positive way by having relationship with my wife alone. How can a homosexual who is also believed by you to have born the same way as mine can channel his sexual attraction in positive way? Only possibility for him is to suppress and live as single all his life.

2013/12/6 12:03Profile

Re: Only possibility for him is to suppress and live as single all his life.

Really?

It appears that you have forgotten about God's changing power.

2013/12/6 14:31
ADisciple

Alberta, Canada

Re:

Tuc said, "It appears that you have forgotten about God's changing power."

Thank you. That was the whole point of my earlier post.

But I wish we could recognize (as I said earlier) that we really don't have the power of the Spirit-- what Paul was referring to in 1 Cor. 6.11-- the way God wants to release it in our day. THAT is the problem. God has the power to CHANGE lives. I know we have this in a measure now. Read the story of singer Dennis Jernigan, for example. (He has some very beautiful songs.) He was a homosexual. Then had a precious experience with the Lord. Has been married now for many years; he and his wife have... I forget how many children... nine or ten or something like that. So God is able to meet men and women who were tempted and fell into this "lifestyle" as they call it. He is able to change them, redeem them. Merely pointing to a Bible verse or two will not do it. Paul's answer is: "...the Name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

But-- this is what I am driving at-- can't we recognize, considering how massive this has become in our day, that we need to be seeking God for a far greater manifestation of this power? And get earnestly seeking Him? Or is God saying we have to just cripple along with the meager measure we now have? Sure, we help the odd one here and there... but that's all that the Cross of Calvary can accomplish. God is no real match for the Devil. Really?

2013/12/6 15:22Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy