Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : North Korea and the prayer network

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
jujashan4

Re:

Thanks KYPee, I believe you're right.
Let's not get hung up on the government system there etc but let's pray for tbe Nth Korean believers that they'll know tbe Lords presence and strength with them. I'm sure our brethren there are shining brightly but we who enjoy such freedom need to earnestly pray.

2013/12/9 7:48Profile

Re:

Brethren, the North Korean nation is in the grips of a demonic antichrist philosophy called Joiche. Thus you are dealing with a demonic force, not a physical governmental system. Demonic forces can only be broken by those spiritual weapons that Paul speaks of in 2 Cor. 10:4. Namely the word of God and prayer.

We have been praying for the nations in a 31 night watch through Dec. N. Korea is at the top of our list. If you live in the U S please join us. The call is 8pm central time. The number is 559.726.1300. Acces code is 340296#.

From what I read there is a vibrant church in N. Korea that is tenaciously clinging to Christ. We pray for their light to shine in that dark place. But the amazing thing is the N. Koreans are praying that American believers will wake up to the reality of persecution in our nation.

Blaine Scogin
Persecution Watch

2013/12/9 11:52
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I found this link on my Facebook Page posted by Mission Network News. It gives detail to the execution of Kim Jung Un's uncle but it also gives possible incite as to why he and some other people were executed beyond the standard accusations. The first paragraph gives the disturbing account. I will post the story but if You want to read the execution account you can go to the link.

http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/asia-report/china/story/jangs-execution-bodes-ill-china-20131224

The horrifying report vividly depicted the brutality of the young North Korean leader. The fact that it appeared in a Beijing- controlled newspaper showed that China no longer cares about its relations with the Kim regime.

Two days later, the Global Times, associated with the People's Daily, a Chinese Communist Party organ, followed up with a sternly worded editorial saying that the abrupt political change epitomised the backwardness of the North Korean political system. It warned the Chinese government not to coddle North Korea any longer, saying that the majority of Chinese were extremely disgusted with the Kim regime.

The incendiary story, plus the stern editorial, provided a measure of the extent of Beijing's loathing, which is quite understandable.

In purging a top official known for his close ties with Beijing in such a brutal manner, Pyongyang did not hide its antagonism towards China.

The official litany of Jang's treason implicated China three times. Jang was accused of underselling coal and other natural resources for which China was virtually the sole customer. He was also charged with "selling off the land of Rason economic and trade zone to a foreign country for a period of five decades under the pretext of paying debts". Finally, he was accused of selling precious metals, thus disrupting the country's financial stability. In fact, China purchased some of North Korea's gold reserves several months ago.

He was also accused of aiding Chinese businessmen in securing low prices for North Korean goods and commodities.

The purge of Jang reflected the longstanding suspicion and apprehension of the North Korean regime towards China, which dates back to the time of Kim Il Sung, North Korea's founder.

Although China fought the Korean War to preserve the Kim regime, he was less than grateful. Once the war was over, Kim started purging the Yan-an faction within his party. This faction received its training in Yan-an, the capital of the Chinese Communist Party in the 1940s.

Stanford University research fellow David Straub recalled that when he accompanied former United States assistant secretary of state James Kelly to North Korea in 2002, the North's then Vice-Foreign Minister Kang Sok Ju made comments that minimised Chinese assistance during the Korean War.

When the son, Kim Jong Il, took over the helm, he did not hide the fact that his nuclear weapons could be used against China.

Dr Xue Litai, a research fellow at Stanford University's Centre for International Security and Cooperation at the time, disclosed that he received further confirmation from an American source who accompanied former US president Bill Clinton in his visit to Pyongyang in 2009. According to the source, a North Korean senior official told Mr Clinton that their nuclear weapons could not reach the US but could be "pointed West" in the direction of the Chinese mainland.

The North Korean official also reportedly suggested that if the US changed its policy towards Pyongyang, the latter could become a strong bastion against China.

The Korean peninsula was a vassal state of China in the 17th century. A deep-rooted suspicion remains among the North Korean leadership that China wants to make North Korea its satellite state. Pyongyang also resents Beijing establishing ties with Seoul, which it sees as an act of betrayal.

Nuclear-armed China is seen as having double standards when it exerts pressure on Pyongyang to halt the latter's nuclear programme.

So when the grandson, Mr Kim Jong Un, took over the helm, this family tradition of suspecting China prompted the young leader to take drastic action to cleanse the party of any pro-China elements.

Recent developments have posed a number of issues for China.

First, China's own security is at risk. The erratic and ruthless behaviour of Mr Kim Jong Un suggests that China should not underrate the likelihood of a nuclear threat from Pyongyang.

The Internet version of the Global Times carried an article last Monday by Lieutenant-General Wang Hongguang, former deputy commander of Nanjing Greater Military Region, saying that the recent incident showed North Korea had become increasingly provocative and was getting out of (Chinese) control. He urged a complete reassessment of security threats originating from that direction.

Second, China's political and strategic influence on the Korean peninsula has been drastically reduced. China was widely considered to be able to rein in the unruly Kim regime, thus acting as a force for peace in the region. But it now appears China's influence over its neighbour is close to zero.

This is clear from the fact that Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi telephoned his Russian counterpart Sergei Lavrov for urgent consultation on Dec 13. This was followed by Ambassador Wu Dawei's trip to Moscow. Both moves suggest that Beijing realises it can no longer tame the Kim regime by itself.

Third, China had hoped to nurture a less belligerent neighbour by encouraging reform, open- door policies and economic development in North Korea. Jang had been working closely with China to bring about a Chinese-style transformation in his own country. With Jang brutally executed, the idea of a peaceful transformation seems unrealistic.

2014/1/3 12:00Profile

Re:

When the "wall falls in North Korea", will we be ready for their ministry to us?

2014/1/3 12:12
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I am curious to know what kind of supernatural events are happening there. Gotta be something going on if there are still Christians there alive under this repressive state. Would be interesting to put up those experiences up against science.

2014/1/3 12:51Profile

Re:

Science requires intellect and logic and miracles require faith. But the Christian sees (with eyes of faith), miracles in science.

Interesting concept DEADn, because it never occurred to me to stack miracles next to science since miracles cannot be explained by science, only the eyes of faith.

Anyway, I believe those in the North Korea church have much they could teach and minister to us. They are the ones that resisted unto blood. I have not. They have endured cruel beatings and scourgings and I have no experience with that. They have endured and stayed faithful against all odds. My guess is that they have much they could minister to us about and I don't know what I could give them. It's like someone coming back from Afghanistan after his 5th tour of duty and then I try to tell him how to fight and endure. I think the greatest miracle is that they endured and kept the faith.

2014/1/3 18:43

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy