SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : North Korea and the prayer network

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

North Korea and the prayer network

I am sure there are many people praying for North Korea and the people of North Korea. Yet, how does a person every grow in their faith when praying for North Korea? 3 generations of leadership and a very reckless leadership. Practically kidnapping people and making false accusations to them in order to take them captive. Yet, when people pray are they simply believing God for 'something'. Is it trusting the invisible God for the things being done that are not seen if indeed God is working in the invisible in North Korea.

With the few prophets that are out there, I think, has there even been anyone who has prophesied anything to or about North Korea? The whole situation seems like an enigma to me and I ask myself inside what exactly is God doing in that country because the darkness is so great and it seems to be more suffocating then ever. Even to the extent that it is dangerous to even visit the country as a tourist like the Korean veteran did and not is held captive.

Thought?
John

2013/12/4 15:47Profile

Re: North Korea and the prayer network

John,

In praying for persecuted nations one is not readily going to see imediate fruit or answers to prayers. I tell those who pray on Persecution Watch that only in eternity will we see the true fruit our prayers that were prayed this side of eternity.

Yet we pray with faith expectancy that God is working behind the scenes in the invisible.

From what I read God is working in N. Korea. And we should continue to pray for that nation.

Don't know if this answers your question. But I pray it helps.

Blaine

2013/12/4 17:09
KPYee

Once I wondered why God allowed communism to rule over Russia . But seeing Russia today I understand. Today Russia is a much more godly nation than the west , And its all because of persecution under communism ..Communism rule lasted 70 years in Russia. During that period many among us thought God has forgotten the Christians there ..But now Russia is much more a beacon for the Lord than the western nations. They passed laws criminalizing sodomy propaganda and another one protecting Christianity.What we see today in Russia shows the wisdom of God .The same can be said of China today.And the same will be true of North Korea when God is done with the Kim dynasty .. North Korea will emerge from communism as a Godly Christ loving nation .. Let our Lord do His work .. He never abandons His people. Keep on praying .. Never stop .. Dont allow the lack of visible results dishearten us .Our prayers are effective in promoting His cause ..

2013/12/4 17:49Profile
Lysa

East TN (for now)

Quote:
DEADn wrote:
With the few prophets that are out there, I think, has there even been anyone who has prophesied anything to or about North Korea?

I don't know about prophesying but the Lord showed RA Torrey's grandson that the wall WOULD FALL in North Korea and to prepare teams to be ready to go in and minister to the Hermit Kingdom. There is TONS of information on this website. And they send to your email a monthly prayer calendar on praying for north and south Korea.

http://thefourthriver.org/home.htm

Description: This website exists as a knowledge base to educate about North Korea and prepare for its opening. Provided in this site is valuable knowledge and opportunities relating to North Korea in a broad range of fields and from different perspectives.

I hope this helps.

God bless,
Lisa

2013/12/5 5:19Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Lysa, I will check that link out

KPYee
It causes me to wonder what happened in Russia that they went under communism if communism what a Judgement. Then, what happened in North Korea before the communists came in there if that is also a judgement.

There is often a vast gulf between what we see in the natural and what is going on the supernatural and as humans we fret very easily. I am wonder what things are going on with Christians in North Korea that are keeping them going forward and through that if any government people have been 'changed'. That question may or may not be answered but these are the thoughts that I peer at on my mental bookshelf and just wonder why. I have not heard an answer in response to those thoughts just yet.

John

2013/12/5 9:04Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Dear brother,

If you have not seen it yet, this free ebook has whole sections on north korea and telling Christians in the West to prepare for coming persecution: http://www.sermonindex.net/fellowships/principlesbook.php

PRINCIPLES FROM THE UNDERGROUND CHURCH IN NORTH KOREA

Principle 43 - North Korea Leader, an Image of Antichrist (pdf)
Principle 44 - A Cost to be Part of the Church (pdf)
Principle 45 - Five Challenging Reminders (pdf)
Principle 46 - Meeting in Home Churches (pdf)
Principle 47 - The Lord's Day can be Everyday! (pdf)
Principle 48 - We are a Body of Christ Together (pdf)
Principle 49 - Sharing and Memorization of Scripture (pdf)
Principle 50 - Not Merely Listening (pdf)
Principle 51 - Measuring True Christian Growth (pdf)
Principle 52 - The Practice of Teaching Children (pdf)
Principle 53 - Raising up Many Leaders In the Body (pdf)
Principle 54 - Remembering the Poor (pdf)
Principle 55 - Witnessing and Missions Work by Faith (pdf)

2013/12/5 11:47Profile
KPYee

Re:

Jesus Christ in their hearts is what keep them going on .Not just going on . But actually flourishing emotionally and spiritually .. They draw their strength from the Lord by deep communion with Him made necessary by the presence of a a powerful menacing enemy . In many ways they are much more fortunate than us. Persecution by such a powerful enemy forces them to throw all their dependency on the Lord.The result is that these Christians are many multiples more spiritual than most Christians in the west .. Theirs is a case of how God refines us through suffering . How He bonds with us through our pains and deprivations . Many Christians puzzle over why the good suffers . The simple truth is in a world of sin, suffering is God's greatest blessing on mankind .. Its how the good become godly and how the sinners are purged and how the lukewarm becomes passionate . ..Thank God for pains and sufferings ., Persecution is coming to many places in the west . Dont fear it .. Welcome it for it will make manifest the Lord's glories unto us .

2013/12/5 19:41Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

Jesus Christ in their hearts is what keep them going on .Not just going on . But actually flourishing emotionally and spiritually .. They draw their strength from the Lord by deep communion with Him made necessary by the presence of a a powerful menacing enemy . In many ways they are much more fortunate than us. Persecution by such a powerful enemy forces them to throw all their dependency on the Lord.The result is that these Christians are many multiples more spiritual than most Christians in the west .. Theirs is a case of how God refines us through suffering . How He bonds with us through our pains and deprivations . Many Christians puzzle over why the good suffers . The simple truth is in a world of sin, suffering is God's greatest blessing on mankind .. Its how the good become godly and how the sinners are purged and how the lukewarm becomes passionate . ..Thank God for pains and sufferings ., Persecution is coming to many places in the west . Dont fear it .. Welcome it for it will make manifest the Lord's glories unto us .

Have you read testimonies from North Koreans that will agree with your words? Very few people have come out of North Korea so how do we know what is going on with those who are Christian in North Korea?

btw, I did download that book and put it on my USB for reading.

2013/12/6 7:48Profile
KPYee

Re:

Deadn

There is an article recently on this issue at :http://www.religiontoday.com/blog/north-korean-christians-pray-free-christians-realize-god-is-all-you-need.html

A quote from that article :

One of the first things Eric Foley, the co-founder of Seoul USA, learned about the North Korean underground church is that it is not a group to be pitied. About 10 years ago Foley asked a member of the underground church how he could pray for them. He recalls the North Korean’s response, “You, pray for us? We pray for you … because South Korean and American churches believe challenges in the Christian faith are solved by money, freedom, and politics. It’s only when all you have is God do you realize God is all you need.”

We actually dont need testimonials from them .. Christians who walk with the Lord daily understand the emotional and spiritual complexes of the faithfuls are rooted in the love of Jesus in their hearts and souls ..If the love for Him is there nothing can even come close to overwhelm us .. In fact we revel in tribulations .. Its from pains we grow daily to be more like Him. Seek Him daily in prayers and in meditation on His word and you will comprehend this ..

2013/12/6 16:43Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Lysa

I sent an email to that link you gave me and they responded to me within 24 hours. They even put me on their mailing list so this should be interesting!

I also found it interesting that Merill was released by North Korea after being held since October.

John

2013/12/8 10:51Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy