SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : Welcome & Intro : a little bit about myself

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

a little bit about myself

greeting's all
im a newbie here...and i reside in "down under"
australia !!

i am in my early forties...and have known jesus for 23 years now...and it just gets better every year !!

i believe in the whole counsel of god, all the gifts of the spirit, the supernatural power of god

basically if it's in the word, then i for one believe it, and seek to appropriate it in my life

i am a partner in a manufacturing business...but when the time is right, i know god has an end-time ministry, and calling for me

but i have to be patient, and not get ahead of god

anyway this is a brief somewhat introduction into my life..and im glad to be a registered member of your board

i look frwd to liasing with other members in this forum board !!

bless you all in christ jesus our lord !! amen

2005/3/31 5:35Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re: a little bit about myself

Welcome aboard. From a fellow Aussie :-)

2005/3/31 7:35Profile
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Welcome James or John :-)

So glad to have you here! Also within that 'aged' bracket but much less so in the walk with our Lord. Love to hear more about yourself and hope you find much to feed your soul here, let us know if we can be of any help whatsoever.

2005/3/31 7:42Profile
Heavenlyman

Australia

Re: a little bitabout myself

New member of this site and so please to come across this net that never knew existed :D

I am very much encourage with the post forum, I have been trying to do witnessing on net chat anywhere i can while i'm on the computer or on the game line, amazingly God uses it to touch young people. Thank you so much for making this site available to get some material to be able to share especially for the home study meetings.

God Bless you all richly ...
Claudette (Australia)

2005/3/31 8:06Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Hi, welcome to SermonIndex

2005/3/31 12:01Profile
_Disciple_

The Netherlands

Hi sonofthunder,

don't know your real name, but welcome, SI has been a blessing to me, there is so much spiritual food :-)

but now my question to you, why choosing the name "son of thunder" maybe a strange question, but i was just wondering why. (i know in the Bible it is mentioned with the meaning of James and John.)

what does it mean by the way...

be blessed and be a blessing!

William (from The Netherlands)

2005/3/31 13:19Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
i look frwd to liasing with other members in this forum board !!

Welcome to SermonIndex! I am glad that you found this site. If you haven't already I encourage you to listen to the featured audio/video sermons on the front page of the website. Particulary this sermon is worth checking out: [url=http://www.sermonindex.net/modules/mydownloads/visit.php?lid=282]Ten Shekels and a Shirt by Paris Reidhead[/url]

2005/3/31 16:55Profile
sonofthunder

Son Of Thunder i come from a land down under, due south at the bottom of your work globes

Re:

HELLO EVERYONE...AND MANY THANKS FOR THE VERY KIND WELCOME TO THE BOARD !!

IN ANSWER TO THE "NICKNAME"...IT'S REALLY JUST A BIT OF TONGUE-IN-CHEEK :-D

WHEN JESUS ORDAINED
THE TWELVE ( MARK3:14-19 )...THEY GOT NAME CHANGES
WHICH IS SOMEWHAT "CHARACTERISTIC" OF ONE..WHO FINDS THE LORD AT CONVERSION ( SAUL BECAME PAUL ) ETC

WELL JESUS SURNAMED JAMES AND JOHN...AS MOST OF YOU ALREADY KNOW - - TO {BO-A-NER'GES}, WHICH IS TO SAY, "THE SONS OF THUNDER"

WHICH IN ESSENCE..."DENOTED" AND SPOKE OF THERE "FIERY" DISPOSITION'S OF CHARACTER !!

I AM A VERY LAID BACK INDIVIDUAL...BUT WHEN IT COMES TO SPIRITUAL MATTER'S..I GUESS IT'S A DIFFERENT STORY.."I FIRE-UP"..SO I KNOW THEN, THIS MUST BE GOD, CUZ IM GENERALLY, THIS GUY WHO IS AT MOST TIMES AWKWARDLY SHY IN PUBLIC..FOR THE MOST PART..I AM

I HOPE THIS IS NOT COMINIG ACROSS AS SOMEONE "TOOTING THERE OWN HORN" GOD FORBID I SHOULD GLORY, SAVE IN THE CROSS OF MY LORD, AND IN MINE OWN INFIRMITIES, AS PAUL OFTEN SAID..SO FORGIVE ME IF I SHOULD IN ANY WAY COME ACROSS AS TO BOAST OR TO BE TOOTING MY OWN HORN..THIS IS NOT MY INTENTION..I ONLY SEEK TO EXPLAIN THE NICKNAME, AND ANSWER SOMEONES QUESTION ABOVE " THREAD"

ONCE AGAIN THNX TO EVERYONE FOR THE VERY WARM,SINCERE AND RECEPTIVE RESPONSE TO MY RECENT REGISTRATION ON THIS BOARD, AND YES I AGREE, SO MUCH GREAT TEACHING HERE,FOR ONE TO DEVOUR AND FEED-OFF....HMMM...HARDLY KNOW WHERE TO START LOL

BUT I DID DOWNLOAD DAVID WILKERSON'S MESSAGE " THE REPROACH OF THE SOLEMN ASSEMBLY " THE OTHER DAY...AND MAN...HOW STRONG IS THAT MESSAGE BOY OHH BOY !!

IF YOU AINT HEARD IT....IT IS ON PAGE 13 OF LISTING'S OF MESSAGES !!

IF YOU CAN AVIAL YOURSELF OF THIS..DO THIS...AND IF YOU DO..LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT, AND WETHER YOU AGREE WITH BRO WILKERSON'S MESSAGE ??
AND ALL HE CONVEYED VIA THE HOLY GHOST ON THAT SERMON !!

BLESS YOU GUYS HEAPS

SON OF THUNDER

2005/4/1 8:54Profile
Jimm

Harare, ZIMBABWE

Re: Baronages!

Sonofthunder

Well I am pretty sure my brother-in-law (Farai- IRONMAN) is John, so you must be the other Son of thunder…Welcome aboard! You know, its strange, I can almost hear your Australian accent through the posts. We could certainly use some more fire here, but er….you “sons of thunder” usually need some gentle reminding of “THE COMMUNITY RULES” ;-)

Bless you Brother

James

2005/4/3 9:16Profile
relewis111

Pittsburgh,PA

Re: sons of thunder

I thought Jesus called them 'sons of thunder' because they didn't understand the power of Christ's ministry as oppossed to the ministry of Elijah. I could be wrong but as a disciple of Christ and a worshipper in Spirit I like to know how I should represent the Gospel. If I'm sharing the Word the power isn't mine anyway, right? I just plant seeds and God gives the increase. But I better be very aware of the foundation lest I fall into reproach because I misrepresented the Word of God. Just sharing a thought not making an attack.

Rich

2005/4/3 10:07Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy