SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : For the Record

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

For the Record

Saints I do speak and pray in tongues. If anything I do not use my prayer language near enough. In the mid 90's I surrendered to the baptism of the Holy Spirit and recieved the gift of tongues when the Holy Spirit came upon me.

This gift is real in ny life and I thank God for it though. Though I do not thank Him enough. God be praised I will sometime sing in tongues. I have heard others sing in a beautiful prayer language. It is quite edifying.

For those of you who will dispute my experience with your theological arguments. I say in gentle love I am not at your mercy. I believe Tozer or someone else has said the man with an experience is not at the mercy of the nan with an argument.

As my dear sister Lysa would say God bless.

Bear

2013/11/30 15:57
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: For the Record

For years, I've had people try and tell me that the gifts have ceased and all I can say in love to them is that they are 35 years too late!

And not for a minute do I believe that the gift of tongues is the "least" of all the gifts, as some would have you believe! The Holy Spirit has proven to me and others that this is a mighty and powerful gift and not like the world would have you believe, which many have lost out because they thought it was the least of all the gifts.

How like God to hide something seemingly of so little value to the world (& the worldly church), and keep it for those who would be like the merchant and sell all they have for the pearl of great price! :)

God bless,
Lisa

2013/11/30 16:37Profile

Re: For the Record

Dear brother:

How could anyone reject a member of their own body that they needed? You dear brother Blaine are a member of the Body of Christ and I need you. I need all my brothers and sisters too.

My wife and I do not speak in tongues, but my father and my wife's Mom do. We hope to someday as the Spirit leads, but we could not imagine anyone rejecting saints because one member has a gift that the other member does not. We all do not have the same gifts and callings of God.

In the same way some saints believe and have received an entire sanctification type experience, others believe in keeping the Shabbat, others believe in spiritual visions and dreams, and then divine healing, etc. This is not the will of man, but the will of God and the Holy Spirit: to give gifts to His body, His children. "But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills."

God have mercy on me and break me and bring me to the end of myself,

Kenneth

2013/11/30 16:46

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy