SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : And who cries on their behalf?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

And who cries on their behalf?

Proverbs 31:8-9
Open your mouth for the mute,
And the rights of the unfortunate.
Open your mouth, judge righteously,
And defend the rights of the afflicted and needy.

Hebrews 13:3
Remember the prisoners, as though in prison with them and those who are ill treated since you yourselves also are in the body.

1 Corinthians 12:26
And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it.

I was on a prayer call earlier today in which concerted prayer went up for Israel. Many words of encouragement were prayed over the Jewish nation. The intercessors were praying protection over Israel in light that Iran will go and develope nuclear weapons. No doubt use them against Israel.

There are perhaps a half dozen and probably more prayer calls that go up for Israel. I am certainly in agreement with praying for the peace of Jerusalem. But one thing I notice. The persecuted saints, those who are martyred and spill their blood for Jesus are forgotten. Indeed few of their brethren in the West will remember them in prayer. When all the persecuted ask is we pray for them.

So why does Israel garner more prayer. Perhaps it may be a sincere love to pray for the Jewish people. At least I hope so. But in what may be interpreted as a statement of judgement. Could it be people pray for Israel to see America blessed? For America to continue her affluent lifestyle? I have beard people say that the reason we are on the verge if economic collapse is we are not siding with Israel. God did say He would bless those who bless Israel. But that would be another thread.

But we have no such promise given to pray for the persecuted. There is no promise of physical blessing given to pray for precious saints martyred for Christ. There may be an ultimate eternal reward. But if anything to pray for persecuted believers may be an invite to crucify our own flesh and to take up our own cross to follow Christ.

I would certainly hope that our prayers for Israel, the persecuted, the unborn, etc are flowing out of loving hearts for Christ and not motivated by desires of selfish blessing. But I would pray our prayers be flowing out of hearts of selfless love.

All the persecuted ask is we pray for them. As far as I know Persecution Watch is the only prayer call in N. America dedicated praying for the persecuted. Some would say Blaine you are bragging with that arrogant statement. Saints I wish it were not true. I would love to see other prayer calls arise that pray for the oersecuted. I would gladly partner with them. But in Google searches I have found no other teleconference calls that do what Persecution Watch does. And I would shout for joy to see another con call arise to lift up the persecuted.

It is far easier to pray for Israel than to pray for the persecuted believers around the world. Saints this is not an anti semetic statement but true. We do call out for Israel on Persecution Watch. But we call out for the remnant faith people who will recieve Christ as their Savior.

To pray for the persecuted is unpopular. It is unglamorous. It us gruesome. It requires a special selfless person who will have a loving heart to cry out justice for His believing saints who spill their blood for Jesus. My questiion. Will you be such a person to cry out justice for the persecuted who cannot cry out for themselves.

Persecution Watch calls are often posted on tbis forum. Calls are open to all who love Jesus and the persechted church. But let me warn you. Praying for the oersecuted us very unpopular.

Blaine Scogin
Persecution Watch

2013/11/29 14:19
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: And echo cries on their behalf?

Dear brother,

I agree with you that perhaps even an increased persecution of Israel will result to their submitting and coming to the Messiah, they are still estranged from God. They crucified the only Lord and they are in disobedience and must come to the Lord through His Son.

It will happen in the end times, All Israel will be saved. Secular Israel is not accepted by God. They are preserved only because of His purposes for them in the end times. The Lord has a covenant with the people of Israel.

Israel is a persecutor of the preachers of the Gospel still. We must not forget this also. But we love Israel as Christians and also desire their good and coming to the Lord above all Nations. For the Gospel came through the promises given to them. May we provoke them faith in the Son of God.

2013/11/29 15:00Profile

Re: And who cries on their behalf?

Dear brother Blaine:

This is an encouraging and sobering word. I am thankful to the Father that you have shared these burdens with His people.

I was fellowshipping today with a brother and we discussed the following verse: "For pure and holy ministry before God The Father is this: to take care of orphans and widows in their affliction, and for a man to keep his soul without defilement from the world" (James 1:27). Recently, I have looked at this verse as it applies to the many saints who are scattered throughout the world who are alone, being persecuted, shunned, beaten, and rejected by the world because of the faith in their Messiah. Also, I thought of the many saints who are widows indeed and meet the qualification for a godly widow who are so lonely, estranged, persecuted, rejected and hated by society because of their faith in Christ.

Also, the apostle writes: "What good is it my brethren, if a man says, 'I have faith', and he does not have deeds? Can his faith save him? And if a brother or sister is naked and lacking daily food, And any of you will say to them, “Go in peace, be warm, be full”, and he would not give them the bodily necessities, what good is that? So also faith alone without works is dead." These verses breaks my heart that saints would be so cold and dead as to reject their own members of 'their' body who are in need of prayers, petitions, intercessions, spiritual food, encouragement, nourishment from the water of the word, healing, clothing, etc., etc. I cannot imagine what this is doing to the heart of our Lord and the Father. How can we not take care of and pray for those of our own body?

May the Lord break us and bring us to the end of ourselves and may we learn to lay down our life (psuche, natural life) for the saints.

"So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed" (John 8:36).

What time is the con call tonight?

Earnestly seeking Him,

Kenneth

2013/11/30 12:37

Re: Call info tonight

Call tine for Persecution Wztch is.......
9pm Eastern
8pm Central
7pm Mountain
6pm Eastern

Call number and access.......
559.726.1300.......340296#

Call is open to all.

Blaine Scogin
Persecution Watch.
Eph.6:18

2013/11/30 17:56

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net