SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : A possibile healing with a catch

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

Hi John,

My purpose of directing you to the scripture I posted was to answer your question 'does the healing legitimise the homosexual lifestyle?' The answer is no it does not. I'm so glad God put this in His word for us in such a clear way because He knew these things would happen. Also as others have posted there are many examples in scripture of false believers and even outright false prophets who did and said things that came true.

As to the why and how's, we do no necessarily know or need to know. God has His purposes and it is best left at that. The point is there is no difficulty in this circumstance to maintain the truth that God says homosexuality is sin and will be judged if not repented of.

Also I asked about you praying, not to condemn you, but to suggest there could have been a whole lot of others praying for your sister besides your uncle and his friends. Things are not always as they seem on face value.

It is the mere fact that He said this to her and no one else that troubles me because of the people he associates with.

2013/11/26 16:51Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

I would never allow someone who is living in known sin to lay hands on me to "pray" over me. I do not want to expose myself to evil spirits. I only feel secure with the prayers of true believers. Years ago in my Germanic culture a practice called Brouche" was used in which religious incantations with certain rituals for healing were done. Just because the incantations used biblical phrases did not mean that this was not witchcraft - nor that the bondages associated with witchcraft did not occur in those that were healed or in the lives of the healers. Not all healing is of God - false prophets also can work miracles. Remember, the Scriptures say "The fervent, effectual prayer of a righteous man availeth much" -I do not desire any other kind of prayer over myself.

My uncle never laid hands on her for prayer. It was more intercessory prayer. We don't see him that often. My mom talks to him but she doesn't see him that often unless there is a major get together such as a funeral, family wedding or even a big family trip type of thing. I last say him a year ago Labor day for her wedding. He and I were laughing about seemingly anything and watching the Florida State came on his phone along the way. Yes, both of us are avid Florida State football fans. (ready for the beatdown they give Florida as well)

2013/11/26 16:55Profile

Re: A possibile healing with a catch

Quote:

2 Thessalonians 2:7-12
New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
7 For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work, but only until the one who now restrains it is removed. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will destroy with the breath of his mouth, annihilating him by the manifestation of his coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is apparent in the working of Satan, who uses all power, signs, lying wonders, 10 and every kind of wicked deception for those who are perishing, because they refused to love the truth and so be saved. 11 For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion, leading them to believe what is false, 12 so that all who have not believed the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness will be condemned.

I was reading this a few minutes ago and thought of this thread. Could it be this very verse in action?

2013/11/29 17:03
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

On Thanksgiving Day my sister's healing was brought up. My sister n laws oldest sister was asking about it. She is the type who has to have her noise in peoples business so I followed the conversation a bit. When it was said the 'thing's couldn't be found this lady said maybe the machine wasn't working. I asked her how can she logically say this was not a miracle. She responded by saying that if they used the same machine twice to do it it may have not been working properly. I told her that the medical clinic, I would assume, calibrated them to make sure they work. She said that if they make a mistake they won't tell you.

I thought, you know, you are a catholic in background but pure atheist by trade.
Monday my sister goes for an MRI to see if it sees anything. The Urologist could find nothing.

Even my mom told this woman she believed it was a miracle of God. Mine you she is not a Christian in the traditional sense. Born again Is what I mean.

2013/11/29 18:35Profile

Re:

kinda scary if you ask me. because before knowing more hardline teaching from here and CFC India, I would probably be led astray with healings/wonders/miracles.

I have no ill will, you know? God wants all to repent.

2013/11/29 19:23

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy