SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : A possibile healing with a catch

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
DEADn

Lakeland FL

A possibile healing with a catch

A week ago my sister went to her gyno doctor for a check up. The doctor found an unusual mass on or around her bladder. It was a quarter size of the bladder. Doctor said she had never seen anything like it before so an appt was scheduled with a urologist.

She went to the Urologist on Friday and that doctor could not find anything anywhere. She is being set up for a MRI to see if maybe this mass is somewhere that she did not look.

This could be a possible miracle in the making.

Here is the catch.
My uncle and another lady were prayer over this mass and both seemed to have words of knowledge that when she goes to this urologist they will find nothing because the mass will be gone.
My uncle is a homosexual and goes to a homosexual church. I don't know if he practices homosexuality but he sings in the choir and I have met a couple of parishoners of the lesbian kind.

How do you respond to such a thing? My sister is a bit freaked to know something like this happened. btw, her husband has a brother who is also homosexual and her husbands side of the family were praying over this as well from what I see on the facebook feed.

John

2013/11/23 18:16Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re: A possibile healing with a catch

John, I have heard this in my family as well. How does one respond to such a thing?

The very first thing my mind considers is that healing is up to God. Having one's prayers heard is no assurance that God will move according to how we desire Him to move. However, the prayers of the saints are a wonderful incense to the Lord because they are full of praise and worship with the recognition of who He is. They are also very healthy to the saints for in them is wonderful spiritual alignment.

As for healing, whether it be by prayers or the laying on of hands by deceived individuals, I can only seek the scriptures. In my mind I want to rationalize the good but that is a worldly rationalization when done in the flesh.

As a believer and a priest of the most high, I dare not right the Ark.
What then does scripture say in regard to the prayers of sinners and the unrighteous. Has God somehow changed or are we considering giving up the Holy ground we know for another?

We are not at war against homosexuals. They are truly deceived and in need of the Good News vs. the lies they are being fed.

As for their prayers, regarding this, scripture is replete.

2013/11/24 14:09Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

I don't have any issues on the healing or the apparentl healing that may have taken place. It is that an apparent word of knowledge came from my uncle and another person from his church which is a church for homosexuals.

On the outside it seems to justify homosexuality as being ok if God used a homosexual to give a word of knowledge while they were praying. If this is the case then how do we deal with the bible that speaks against homosexuality and how do we deal with a couple who seemed to move according to the Spirit of God we are involved in homosexuality?

It is a case, that if the word of knowledge if true, you don't dare say my uncle is in sin because 'He heard from God'. Why would go answer someone in 'willful' sin?

This is what I wrestle with right now.

John

2013/11/24 14:24Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Hi John,

I think the following scriptures from Deuteronomy 13 v1-3 are applicable in this circumstance.

“If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder,

“and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’

“you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul."

So even if what the 'prophet' says comes to pass, if he is telling us to go after other gods (here include another gospel, or any unrighteousness) then we do not follow them. May be God is testing us!

We can still say 'sin is sin'. Nothing changes God's righteousness as revealed in scripture. If anyone tries to justify themselves because of answer to pray or hearing God then this scripture destroys that argument.

I am please for your sister if she is healed. This is God's grace and mercy. Did you not also pray for her?

2013/11/24 15:05Profile
lylewise

Celina, Texas

Re:

A great scripture Dave. Scripture is always to be trusted. May God be true and every man a liar.

2013/11/24 18:01Profile
DEADn

Lakeland FL

Re:

Quote:

Hi John,

I think the following scriptures from Deuteronomy 13 v1-3 are applicable in this circumstance.

“If there arises among you a prophet or a dreamer of dreams, and he gives you a sign or a wonder,

“and the sign or the wonder comes to pass, of which he spoke to you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods’—which you have not known—‘and let us serve them,’

“you shall not listen to the words of that prophet or that dreamer of dreams, for the LORD your God is testing you to know whether you love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul."

So even if what the 'prophet' says comes to pass, if he is telling us to go after other gods (here include another gospel, or any unrighteousness) then we do not follow them. May be God is testing us!

We can still say 'sin is sin'. Nothing changes God's righteousness as revealed in scripture. If anyone tries to justify themselves because of answer to pray or hearing God then this scripture destroys that argument.

I am please for your sister if she is healed. This is God's grace and mercy. Did you not also pray for her?

This is a hard thing to understand an accept because it is such a deceptive thing to know. My uncle has been homosexual for quite a long time. He has gotten into trouble for it a few times as well but it is a hush thing in the family. It is not brought up at all unless is passing conversation with him not around. I think it is this way because he is a comedian and will tell stories in such a way that you know you are fixing to fall on the floor laughing.

Yet I cannot help but wonder about his word of knowledge and a fellow patron of his. I don't know how involved he is with his church. I only know what I hear from my mom and occasional things that he does.

Did I pray for my sister? Not as I should have and I am guilty. I say this because I figured that since my uncle is praying for her and her husbands side is praying for her then I will just sit back and watch to see what happens. Shallow isn't it? I often wonder if it is just a sign of me looking to find out who I am and what I am made of. Maybe I took a turn as the disciples did when they could not stay awake to pray.

John

2013/11/25 16:33Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re:

Hi DEADn,

I am so glad to hear that what could have been a cancerous mass has been removed by the Lord! But on the other hand, I agree with you that it is quite troubling to see that the Lord seemed to have involved people living in willful sin in the process of brining about the healing. But the bible is clear that He can work through anyone or anything for His purposes, whether a donkey, an apostate like balaam, or even the antichrist and the devil himself. I recall in Matthew 7 when Jesus said that MANY will come to Him and say "Lord, Lord! Did we not prophesy and cast out devils and perform many miracles in your name" to which Jesus replies "Away from me you workers of iniquity, I NEVER knew you." And it is clear in 2 Thessalonians 2 that God gives power to the antichrist to work all kinds of signs and wonders in accord with His judgment upon the earth, sending a deluding influence because people hated the truth and so that they'll believe what is false so that their judgement would be assured. What this indicates is that we cannot look to signs and wonders as a means of validating someones standing before the Lord or as a means of validating their teachings, but instead must use the Word to test all things, in that if anything goes against the Word of God, you know not to follow it, no matter how convincing they may seem.

But, on the otherhand, praise the Lord that there is still time for repentance, and I hope and pray that God would convict your uncle and show him the error of his ways and bring him out of deception. God, please have mercy on this man, and the members of the church that he attends and forgive them of their sins against You and Your precious gospel and convict their hearts by the working and power of Your Holy Spirit that they may come to a place of repentance and renounce their homosexual lifestyles and the spreading of false doctrine. Amen.

2013/11/25 19:04Profile
beekpr

Re:

I would never allow someone who is living in known sin to lay hands on me to "pray" over me. I do not want to expose myself to evil spirits. I only feel secure with the prayers of true believers. Years ago in my Germanic culture a practice called Brouche" was used in which religious incantations with certain rituals for healing were done. Just because the incantations used biblical phrases did not mean that this was not witchcraft - nor that the bondages associated with witchcraft did not occur in those that were healed or in the lives of the healers. Not all healing is of God - false prophets also can work miracles. Remember, the Scriptures say "The fervent, effectual prayer of a righteous man availeth much" -I do not desire any other kind of prayer over myself.

2013/11/25 20:05Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Re: A possibile healing with a catch

Romans 2:4 Or do you despise the riches of his goodness, forbearance, and patience, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance?

Who are we to question the goodness of God to anybody??

2013/11/26 3:02Profile
Heydave

Hampshire, UK

Re:

Hi John,

My purpose of directing you to the scripture I posted was to answer your question 'does the healing legitimise the homosexual lifestyle?' The answer is no it does not. I'm so glad God put this in His word for us in such a clear way because He knew these things would happen. Also as others have posted there are many examples in scripture of false believers and even outright false prophets who did and said things that came true.

As to the why and how's, we do no necessarily know or need to know. God has His purposes and it is best left at that. The point is there is no difficulty in this circumstance to maintain the truth that God says homosexuality is sin and will be judged if not repented of.

Also I asked about you praying, not to condemn you, but to suggest there could have been a whole lot of others praying for your sister besides your uncle and his friends. Things are not always as they seem on face value.

2013/11/26 4:18Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy