SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Christian ministry says county violated their rights by threatening arrest.....

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Christian ministry says county violated their rights by threatening arrest.....

Christian ministry says county violated their rights by threatening arrest, preventing feeding of homeless

-------------------------------------

A Christian ministry in Pennsylvania has claimed that officials in Dauphin County are violating their rights by preventing them from feeding the homeless and threatening them with arrest, according to reports

The non-profit Isaiah 61 Ministries has offered food and scripture to homeless people on county property for five years, according to local ABC affiliate WHTM. Yet the county has now kicked them off of courthouse property.

“The county’s basically come up to them and said they’re not welcome in any area any longer and threatened them with loitering,” said Randall Wenger, an attorney who is representing the Christian group.

Jeremy Dys, an attorney with Liberty Institute, said that the county is hindering the group’s ability to minister to people and is blocking a program that benefits the community.

“The reality though is that serving the homeless and the elderly is a central tenet of the Christian faith, and those who exercise their faith by caring for the poor on the streets of Harrisburg ought to be applauded for their kindness, not threatened with jail time,” Dys said to OneNewsNow

rest of the article:

http://endthelie.com/2013/11/21/christian-ministry-says-county-violated-their-rights-by-threatening-arrest-preventing-feeding-of-homeless/#axzz2lKhdmLQA

2013/11/23 10:44
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re: Christian ministry says county violated their rights by threatening arrest.....

This has been happening in many major cities it is becoming illegal to feed and help the homeless in America. The reason is Obama wants to be able to have them all being sponsored by the Government and not the Church.

Helping the poor is one of the great good works of the Church and of the commands of our Lord Jesus.

2013/11/23 11:33Profile

Re:

I believe you are quite correct....which makes me wonder how our dear brother Patrick Ersig is doing in skidrow LA....its been a LONG time since I've heard from that dear bear of a saint....how I love him....he would minister in places that were....just plain dangerous, and desperate...this big gentle bear of a white boy with the Love of Jesus all over and in his soul.

God protect them all, amen.

2013/11/23 19:33

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy