SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Scientific studies: Religious people are less intelligent than atheists

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re:

Is it really necessary to list brilliant inventors, scientists, economists, etc, that love the Lord with all their heart? I don't think so, because Google exists and the writer of the article is not really interested in knowing how intelligent Christians are as much as he is interested in inventing a case against them.

We don't glorify in or exalt intelligence/intellect. We are thankful to God for all His blessings and especially for Jesus Christ.

If intelligence were so important (more important than faith and love), then only the educated would be saved at best and at the very least they would be the more valued human being. But, God has given every man a measure of faith whereby they do not have to rely on superior human intellect to receive Him and please Him.

Intellect has nothing to do with the abundance of the Spirit nor the love of Christ in an individual nor can intellect obtain those precious gifts.

2013/11/16 16:18

Re:

What I am trying to say is that the Church should value what God values and not what the world values.

Faith that worketh by love.

When I read yet another way that the world has found to put down the Church of Jesus Christ, I am not unsettled.

Think about it! Salvation is for all men, but not so with "higher schools of learning".

2013/11/16 16:34
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re:

"I know a man..."

Who is close to me, a graduate of Princeton Seminary, retired from a ministerial career, has never had a lick of faith since he went into that death chamber back in the 60's.

A grief in my life, and a point of constant prayer.

2013/11/16 21:41Profile
davidkeel

From Liverpool but now in West Sussex, England

Re: Scientific studies: Religious people are less intelligent than atheists

Great News! The Bible proves itself to be Gods word yet again. As ginnyrose. quoted : 1 Cor 1 v 27

2013/11/17 6:47Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy