SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Delivered from the Word of Faith cult

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

Delivered from the Word of Faith cult

Below is a comment I received from a dear saint this morning. I thought I would share it as it did my heart good and it is thought provoking. The comment was in regard to a post of mine ” A Call To The Remnant,”

The comment…….

“Wow, I really enjoyed this post; it brought tears to my eyes and it really encouraged me, because I am one of those who was wounded by Christ, and I am now a remnant soul. Jesus disciplines those he loves, isn’t that so? I was deeply embedded in the Word of Faith cult, all the while thinking I was saved, I was in need of deliverance. I thought I was in the light, but I was in a false light that was really darkness, and how great was that darkness! While he was dealing with my mother’s adulteries through sicknesses, to the point of bringing her rebellious heart to finally repent of her sins while on her death-bed, he was changing my heart too. In the aftermath of prophecies and promises of her healing that were supposed to be from the LORD, but were left unfulfilled, I was finally ready for the truth. I was desperately hungry and thirsty for the real Almighty God.

Yes dearly beloved, I learned in that very tender time while searching from my LORD, that Jesus saved me and my mother by wounding and killing her. Pause and think carefully about that. Believe me, not many Christians can handle that truth, yet this is exactly the very last ditch effort the LORD uses in delivering a lost, and obstinate little lamb, in Holy Scriptures time and again, he never changes! You know that picture where Jesus is carrying that little lamb across his shoulders? So cute right? Well I learned from a shepherd that cute little lamb is there because its little leg had to be broken by the shepherd to keep it from wandering off; and for not listening to him. The seemingly cruel act of the shepherd, is really a great kindness in the long run, because it will save its life. He keeps the lamb around his shoulder, while it is mending, so it will learn his voice only and learn to stay near him and keep away from trouble. I get all choked up and teary eyed when I think about that. I was that little lamb, and I am so grateful to my Lord for breaking my little leg, and slinging me across his strong shoulders, where I learned to hear and know his voice through the Scriptures, while I was on the mend! He wounds, yet heals. He kills, yet brings to life. And he has mercy and compassion on those who just don’t deserve it. Thanks be unto the LORD for his tender mercies, and his paradoxical ways, that we just don’t fully understand until we live them.

And now I groan at all the wickedness, idolatry, and lawlessness I see, not in the world (as that is to be expected), but in the body of Christ! When I read posts where people say they have a new and special revelation from the Lord, or that Jesus told them to publicly declare a fast, or here is a yet another 7 step system to draw near to God, I raise my palm over my face yet again as I….grroooaaannn! “

My reply…………………………….

Amen to your post. And to answer your question, He does indeed ” scourge,” those that He loves. He will bring you to your knees and one should count themselves fortunate if He does for if He was to ignore us that would indeed be a horrible situation. As I read your comment, of which I totally agree and praise God that you have been delivered from the word of faith cult, I thought about Jacob whose hip was put out of joint. His running days were over, God was bringing it all to a head and we see a tremendous transformation in Jacob who now becomes Israel and is finally ready to face all of his fears which were tied up in his brother. He was ready to face death even now that he had struggled, wrestled and encountered God. I also thought about Jesus saying how it was better to enter heaven maimed that to enter hell whole. If a hand has to be cut of even rather than allow it to be an obstacle to our entrance into heaven, then we will spend an eternity rejoicing that we sold everything for that pearl of great price. You wrote……….” And now I groan.” Indeed sister, as they of Ezekiel 9 groaned at the condition of those in Jerusalem and were marked by the angel with the ink-horn. There is a groaning generation being raised, a witness to God’s truth and glory ,raised for these last days, raised for martyrdom, raised for rejection , raised to be persecuted and reviled raised to praise God not only from the mountaintops but also from the deepest valleys. Indeed sister, as you say ” Thanks be unto the LORD for his tender mercies, and his paradoxical ways, that we just don’t fully understand until we live them.” …………….bro Frank

2013/11/12 13:20
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re: Delivered from the Word of Faith cult

Praise God.

2013/11/12 13:53Profile

Re:

Yes, a wonderful testimony.........bro Frank

2013/11/13 0:04
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

Re: Delivered from the Word of Faith cult

WOW, PRAISE THE LORD! Thank you so much for the post brother Frank! I was just talking about this very topic today with my bible study...how God causes ALL things to work together for the good of those that love Him and are called according to His purpose, even the devil himself who means to cause us harm is used by the Lord for our good...SOVEREIGN INDEED and worthy to be praised is our faithful Father in heaven!

2013/11/13 0:05Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy