SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : How many minutes or hours do you spend on SI per week?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: To me SI is an investment of quality time in our relationship with Christ Jesus

Rahman

Quote:
To me SI is an investment of quality time in our relationship with Christ Jesus

Good Point.

I think being here on this website pleases our Heavenly Father. If God moved upon Greg Gordon to create this site and that he obeyed God's will in bringing this forth, then it is also God's will for us to be here. Whether we spend hours here or not, we are here to listen in on what these old timer and spring chicks have to say, (spring chicks, I mean Carter Conlon etc..)

Recently I was discouraged about not being on my knees enough, that is I was not spending enough devotional time with the LORD. I found myself taking long walks and praying that way. And I just came to the end of myself in this area and said, "LORD, this is they way I pray to you and I can't do the kneeling thing, apart from my meditation, this is my devotional time as well".

I talked to my Mother about what I said to the LORD and she said, "Karl, what is better, that you spend all day thinking about the LORD or getting on your knees and spending a few minutes thinking about the LORD? The LORD is pleased that you would want to think about Him when you go about your day whether it be at work or on your downtime. Do you know how many people get on their knees to think about the LORD? All day they been thinking about everything else but God. They are so full of the problems of the day and they dump them on Him to only give Him just a few minutes of thier time. I tell you He is pleased that you think of Him all day."

I was greatly encouraged by this, I was bound by this pentecostal thinking that I had to get on my knees in order to pray effectively, mind you when I am deeply moved by the holy Ghost, I end up on my knees.

Our devotional time may be this website. There are people that will stop surfing and pray for individuals or groups on this website or in different parts of the world.

I have grown closer to the LORD just being here on this website, I feel that I am reading meditating on His word more not just reading it for reading sake.

So there is fruit producing just from this website, and I know I am not alone on this.

I have no idea how I got off the topic at hand. Got side tracked, sorry guys.

Thanks Rahman for your comments.

Karl

2005/3/29 15:41

Re:

About 2-3 hours per week bur it varies. I also have a slow connection at home so I mostly go on in my lunch break at work.

2005/3/29 16:01
crsschk

Santa Clara, CA

Re: Well...

Wow, Karl and Rahman in particular what wonderful thoughts and words.

Karl, "Practicing The Prescence of God", ever read it? You are already speaking the language of it. A hearty Amen.

And Rahman,

The Lord bless you brother, your particular peculiarness is endearing to this particular peculiar fool.

If it really needs to be said... How much time spent here?

If it wasn't for this job... :-)

In that quirky kind of way, it's church 24/7 and there is always food available.

Gods Word
Gods people

To see and hear and share what goes on through all this.. it's humbling and awe inspiring. Truly lives are being affected and changed, all from a precious brother who just let the Lord work in and through him.

We love you Greg.

And to think that somewhere the thought that Heaven could be boring?

2005/3/29 16:10Profile
Eli_Barnabas

Cache Valley, Utah

Re:

Whenever I have spare time at the university. I don't have internet at home. (Which explains why I disappear on weekends and holidays!)

2005/3/30 11:17Profile
Rahman

Re: How many minutes or hours do you spend on SI per week?

Brothers Karl and Mike ...

To God be ALL the glory! ... ;-)

Brother Karl ... You've got one very smart Mom! ...

2005/3/30 11:33Profile
dohzman

Re: How many minutes or hours do you spend on SI per week?

I use SI kinda like popping in and generally try not to stay on in long periods of time. However having said that I've spent several hours at a time on occassions. I try to limit it to 30 mins at a time 2 to 3 times a day though.

2005/3/30 16:50Profile
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Re:

Quote:
I use SI kinda like popping in and generally try not to stay on in long periods of time. However having said that I've spent several hours at a time on occassions. I try to limit it to 30 mins at a time 2 to 3 times a day though.

Its a definite blessing to see so many brothers and sisters being blessed by this website. I have gotten alot of comments such as this is the best website period, etc But today one brother private messsaged me to encourage me and part of the post read: "This is why God allowed the Internet to come into existance." This definetly is abit of an exageration but in some ways it isn't! God is allowing technology and things come into existence so that his gospel can spread to the ends of the earth! what an exciting time to be living!!

2005/3/30 20:18Profile

Re: Allowance vs God's will

Greg Gordon wrote

Quote:
God is allowing technology and things come into existence so that his gospel can spread to the ends of the earth! what an exciting time to be living!!

I was never a believer that God allowed anything to come into existance but that He willed it.

If the spreading of the Gospel via the Internet is a good thing, then I am sure that that would be God's will and plan for these days we are living in.

I like the encouaraging word that the brother wrote to you about, and he is right!

Anything that God will's, Satan comes to pervert it and he has to a degree, if we put filters for internet browsing than his plans are thwarted.

If we hunger and thrist after God, then his way to tempt us in our life to sin has again been thwarted.

Karl;-)

2005/3/30 21:59

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy