SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Atheist ‘Mega-Churches’ Launch in U.S.

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 Atheist ‘Mega-Churches’ Launch in U.S.

It looked like a typical Sunday morning at any mega-church. Hundreds packed in for more than an hour of rousing music, an inspirational sermon, a reading and some quiet reflection. The only thing missing was God.

The inaugural Sunday Assembly in Los Angeles attracted more than 400 attendees, all bound by their belief in non-belief.

read more: http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/10/atheist-mega-churches-launch-in-u-s-but-not-all-non-believers-are-excited-about-it/

2013/11/11 14:21Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Atheist ‘Mega-Churches’ Launch in U.S.

An interesting set up for unintended consequences! Wait til the congregations begin to ask for an accounting of the money.

"You did what with the money?? Jesus Chr....oops..." Where do we go from here?

GOD WILL NOT BE MOCKED.

2013/11/11 18:49Profile
tbsounde2

Los Angeles, CA

“There was so much about it [church] that I loved, but it’s a shame because at the heart of it, it’s something I don’t believe in,” Jones said. “If you think about church, there’s very little that’s bad. It’s singing awesome songs, hearing interesting talks, thinking about improving yourself and helping other people — and doing that in a community with wonderful relationships. What part of that is not to like?”

sadly, this is what many think in the church today...social justice, moralism, "fellowship", and self improvement...all meaningless without the gospel of Christ and Spirit led living...

2013/11/11 19:00Profile
andres

texas,brownsville

Re:

This has been going on in churches all across America and the west for at least 70 years...
blessing
andy

2013/11/11 19:06Profile

oh my.

Dear Greg, I just came from your Anton Bosch posting, then saw the headline and read this; I don't even know what to make of it all, so many thoughts scudding thru my soul, so i'll just reel them off in order of occurrence:

27,000....the number of nuclear weapons that lay latent and lethal. (my very first thought...well, my first was, "is this a joke or prank?")

then I thought of the "Gospel Fellowship" book.

then I realized how precious the Gift of Faith, child-like and simple REALLY IS....you cant cook it up, its not a "decision"...it would be akin to saying, "well, I DECIDE to take my next breath".

then I thought of the summer of 2012, which I spent reading and re-reading, over and over again the Fifteen Prophets...I was Led that Way...personal work....I think sometimes when people think of those dear men, the Fifteen, their first shallow thought is "fire and brimstone"....its not that, its deeper...its grief, its warning...imploring, and throughout human history, somethings never change, do they? some have ears, some don't.

then I thought, the "western world" is too at ease, they're(we're) gonna to get broken and crushed....for a time and a time and a half....but a soul so led, can hide in Messiah, and Messiah in him

then I thought of those poor souls in the phillipines, MANY of whom died in evacuation centers, because this hurricane was SO powerful...off the scale powerful, and have you ever seen footage, where people are imperiled in some disaster, tornado, earthquake, hurricane.....and you hear them cry out....and Who do they cry out to?

then back again to eternal gratitude for the Gift of Faith.

God bless you for those two items, much love in Jesus, neil

2013/11/11 19:40
staff

Hi,
I feel like laughing its so stupid!The bible says the fool says their is no God,so I guess we could call it "The church of fools"
On the other side of the coin didnt we all have problems before Christ Came into our lives.I hate to think how I would be now without God perhaps I might not be around.
Its a guess on what they "reflect"on?Perhaps where "evil" comes from!
Staff
(not a fool anymore)

2013/11/11 19:45Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy