SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : On the Calvinism / Arminianism Debate - Chris White

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

On the Calvinism / Arminianism Debate - Chris White

Great video explaining the difference ... and who is right, and who is wrong ...

http://youtu.be/pqnNaxWFOo4

2013/11/10 15:00Profile

Re: On the Calvinism / Arminianism Debate - Chris White

Abel was righteous.

Gen 4:4 And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
Heb 11:4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Cain was wicked.

Gen 4:5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.
1Jn_3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Yet God said this to Cain...

Gen 4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

If Cain did not have the ability of free agency with which to choose to work evil or to work good then God is taunting him.

The Bible clearly teaches we all have free will. Free will carries with it responsibility and therefore God holds us accountable for our deeds.

Rom 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
Rom 2:6 Who will render to every man according to his deeds:
Rom 2:7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:
Rom 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Rev 22:11 He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.
Rev 22:12 And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

Eze 18:30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
Eze 18:31 Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
Eze 18:32 For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

2Pe_3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2013/11/11 1:28
wijnand

Re: On the Calvinism / Arminianism Debate - Chris White

Maybe we should just stop to use the terms 'calvinism' and 'arminianism', paulism, cefasism, and all the other ism's..

just follow your scriptures and love the genuine brothers in Christ, seek His face together and spread the blessed gospel that can save souls...

2013/11/11 3:04Profile

wijnand

Quote:
Maybe we should just stop to use the terms 'calvinism' and 'arminianism', paulism, cefasism, and all the other ism's..

just follow your scriptures and love the genuine brothers in Christ, seek His face together and spread the blessed gospel that can save souls...

amen.

i have keen feeling, we would get along most divinely...that was a most needed Word, God love you, i do.

2013/11/11 11:02
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: wijnand

Quote:

Double Amen!!

Often the time that is spent trying to persuade another brother of a doctrinal point of view could much more wisely be spent sharing the Gospel with those who aren't yet saved. The author of the video discusses that and also the fact that one day (maybe sooner than we think) we could be in concentration camps together where we will then see the vanity and futility of some of our previous divisions.

2013/11/11 18:48Profile
twayneb

Joplin, Missouri

Re:

wijnand:

That is right brother. Not only should we stop using the terms ___-ism, but we really need to stop identifying ourselves by our favorite ___ism.

I have never seen an ism that did not at some point twist or remove some portion of scripture from context to support the doctrine or doctrines that make that ism unique from the other ism's.

We need to prayerfully, with an honest and humble heart, seeking to know the truth of God above all else, study the word of God. Study to show yourself approved, a workman that does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I am just naive enough to honestly believe that if we will do this, we can experience true unity in the Spirit and an ever increasing unity in doctrine and teaching.

2013/11/11 19:49Profile
Sidewalk

San Diego

Re: Thank you Just-in

I concur with Just-in, and his points are well taken from often unnoticed Scriptures. The word of God to Cain, "Sin is crouching at the door and wants to take you, but you must master it!"

Yes, if Cain has no internal power to resist and master sin God is taunting him! Again, I see no Scripture where God excuses sin and chalks it up to human nature.

Ezekiel 18 which he also quotes, is the master playbook for God's opposition to the idea that sin is something handed down by blood from father to son. It just cannot stand against this very clear passage from God to man through Ezekiel.

2013/11/11 19:50Profile

Re:

1Ki 18:21 And Elijah came unto all the people, and said, How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD be God, follow him: but if Baal, then follow him. And the people answered him not a word.

Eze 20:39 As for you, O house of Israel, thus saith the Lord GOD; Go ye, serve ye every one his idols, and hereafter also, IF YE WILL NOT HEARKEN UNTO ME: but pollute ye my holy name no more with your gifts, and with your idols.

We do have free will because we can CHOOSE whom we will serve.

Sinners sell themselves into both the bondage and dominion of sin by CHOOSING to sin.

It is through the blood of Christ that Jesus bought us back from the dominion of sin and it is through repentance (dying with Christ) that we are set free from the bondage.

Jos 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY WHOM YE WILL SERVE; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

2013/11/11 21:26

Re:

Quote:
Ezekiel 18 which he also quotes, is the master playbook for God's opposition to the idea that sin is something handed down by blood from father to son. It just cannot stand against this very clear passage from God to man through Ezekiel. -Sidewalk

you may agree with this:

there IS something that is passed on, as in the "ways" of the parents, where the "iniquity of the father's" is "visited upon the children to the third and fourth generation." I have come to think of iniquity as a "residue of sin" in a person. For there are three types: iniquity transgression and sin

blessings to everyone

2013/11/11 21:51

Re:

Many people are not contending for the faith once delivered to the saints. They contend for doctrines...for the doctrine of Luther or Calvin or Armini and the Reformation which the early church clearly did not teach.

Jesus came to redeem us from ALL iniquity and make us pure.

Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

The Church's actions show that they do not believe Jesus Christ can purify their heart and the theology they are contending for does not teach what the Bible teaches.

Heart purity is all but denied in the church system today. A false gospel that leaves one in iniquity has supplanted the true Gospel of Jesus Christ. Satan is a master theologian and is very cunning indeed. Leaven has been introduced into the very foundations of Christian orthodoxy which has in turn corrupted practically everything which has been established on top of the faulty foundation.

A common error in the church system is the teaching that one is only set free from condemnation but that the bondage to sin still continues. It is a false message taught by a multitude of false teachers.

2013/11/11 23:29

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy