SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : What united Whitfield and Wesley: the forgotten commandment

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 )
PosterThread

Re:

///Religion doesn't save. The tree that most churches still operate under is the tree of knowledge. Because we know this and that, we are the true church and those over there,well, they're not. They're going to hell.///

Roger, I have said I won't discuss the Sabbath anymore, but I did want clear up what looks like a misunderstanding. I also regret when others act as if theirs is the only true church and that others are going to go to hell. I believe there are very many very godly 'non-Sabbatarians'. The truth is that we are saved by grace not by our works. But I do still believe that it is sin to do work or recreation on the Sabbath, I do believe (as Ravenhill put it!) that it hinders our prayers and brings spiritual consequences on the Church. But it doesn't disqualify people from the kingdom.

2013/11/20 10:50

Re:

Quote:
"But yes, watching football, doing laundry, going shopping IS sinful on the Lord's Day. When you or I or anyone else has done this we have sinned."

Would you pull your son or a work animal out of a well on the Sabbath??? Seriously moderators...why is this thread still going? Why is a real life pharisee allowed to spout this kind of stuff and confuse and potentially bring young christians into bondage who might stumble into these forums?

2013/11/20 20:45
PaulWest

Dallas, Texas

Re:

Quote:
Would you pull your son or a work animal out of a well on the Sabbath??? Seriously moderators...why is this thread still going? Why is a real life pharisee allowed to spout this kind of stuff and confuse and potentially bring young christians into bondage who might stumble into these forums?

I was hoping it would just go away. There is enough truth in this thread to counter the error, but I agree with you that intervention is necessary. So I am terminating this thread, with the request that any new sabbatarian discussions not be started.

For it is both unwise and unprofitable to wrangle over these legal issues. Paul dealt with it in his day, and warned Titus and Timothy for good reason.

2013/11/20 21:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy