Image Map
Discussion Forum : Scriptures and Doctrine : Freedom from sin

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Jkwoodford

Upstate, NY

Freedom from sin

Thank you brother Jesse,

God has been putting the subject of freedom from sin on my heart lately. Also the subject of holiness and complete repentance. I know that these subjects are tough, but I have found much encouragement in them. I will never "graduate" from needing my Savior Jesus Christ, He saved me, and He will need to take me home to the place prepared for me. But in the meantime I have been given everything needed for life and godliness, AND...with the Holy Spirit, more and more we will be conformed to His likeness, and it is a moment by moment walk with God, holiness is. I believe at any given moment you can be (by the provision of God..Eph 1 and 3) Holy. We are already justified by faith, and we are being sanctified by faith daily. To sum it up for me anyway, it seems God has been showing me that we can do all things, ALL THINGS through Him who gives us strength, that the GOSPEL is not just about our eternal destiny, but also our present state as well. This is stating the obvious, but it is still a deep and wonderful thing that God does. He will indeed do more than we can ask or imagine ACCORDING TO THE POWER (HIS POWER) THAT IS AT WORK IN US!! I think we need to have more faith in the sanctifying work of the Holy Spirit, and not have a mental lid on it. God can handle anything in us. It is the power that he exerted when he raised Christ from the dead. that power works in us for His glory and purposes.

We have so great a salvation, and so blessed a fellowship with God.

2005/3/27 19:57Profile

©2002-2020 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy