SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Disturbing Spirit of Strange Fire

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
PosterThread

Re: Ssvannah

That dear sister I will do. Worship God. Come pray with us and see what Gid is doing in the nations, among the persecuted.

Call info on thread Please pray for the persecuted Nov.3"

Bear.

2013/11/3 6:47
brothagary

Re:

can I do that in Australia blain ,,iv always wondered how to

2013/11/3 7:08Profile
turn

USA

Re: The Disturbing Spirit of Strange Fire

John MacArthur has fruit in his life that indicates that he has the Holy Spirit or else he would not belong to the people of God. John MacArthur also has extensive Bible knowledge that has instructed many.

…Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. (Romans 8:9)

For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. (1 Corinthians 12:13)

It is because God has given us his Spirit that “we know that we live in him and he in us” (1 John 4:13). Without his Spirit there can be no assurance of salvation.

It is good to be alert. Among professing Christians, there are instances of false prophets, false teachers and false charisma. Be mature and have your senses exercised to discern good and evil.

The world is watching the Christians fight. So let love cover the foibles of others and avoid divisions of following Paul, Apollos and/or Cephas (1 Corinthians 1:12). Follow Jesus Christ (John 1:43) and let Christ be proclaimed (Acts 5:42).

Miracles don't save or else Pharaohs and Pharisees would have come to saving faith long ago under the miracles done by Moses and Jesus Christ.

2013/11/3 18:44Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Quote:
turn wrote:
John MacArthur has fruit in his life that indicates that he has the Holy Spirit or else he would not belong to the people of God. John MacArthur also has extensive Bible knowledge that has instructed many.

…Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. (Romans 8:9)

I don’t believe anyone has said he is not a child of God, have they? I know that I haven’t read every post on this subject. But your quote above I agree with and makes this all the more sad that this brother is declaring war on other brothers in the Lord.

I have insisted throughout this whole debacle that all these Scriptures apply to BOTH sides of the aisle, do they not? For those you want to admit that McArthur has the Holy Spirit, then by the same measuring stick you must admit that Pentecostals and Charismatic’s also have the Holy Spirit.

Quote:
It is good to be alert. Among professing Christians, there are instances of false prophets, false teachers and false charisma. Be mature and have your senses exercised to discern good and evil.

Can we agree that not all false prophets and teachers are found in “only” the Pentecostal/ Charismatic camp? I sure hope so!

God bless,
Lisa

2013/11/3 22:15Profile
Lysa

East TN for now!

Brother Bear,

This is very disturbing but God is in control. John MacArthur has not taken God by surprise! We know thru the Scriptures that in the end there will be a Bride of Christ and a False Church; and that the FC will persecute the Bride. It will be, we just don’t know when!

MacArthur & his bunch can rant all they want, the Charismatic’s need to be about the Father’s business while MacArthur fights against the elephant in the room! Amen?!! Let's keep our eyes on the prize - Jesus!

God bless you,
Lisa

2013/11/3 22:22Profile
savannah

Re: emperors,elephants,and cows

BEHOLD! An emperor on an elephant! But those in the room do not pay it any mind.

Just as the cows walk the streets in India because it's unlawful for them to be touched.

2013/11/4 7:21Profile

Re:

Savannah, dear sister, let us pray those in demonic darkness in India be delivered from the bondage of Hinduism. And brought into the light and freedom of Jesus.

We would have gladly welcomed your prayers in our call yesterday

Bearmaster.

2013/11/4 9:25
savannah

Re: all prayer

Bearmaster,

Thanks so much for your invitation to prayer. I am responding that you may know that I do not take such lightly. I'm keenly aware of the warfare that is present even on the homefront,i.e.; our own backyard,as well as abroad. This present darkness we know shall be no more on the day appointed. Until then we'll persevere with "all prayer."

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints. Eph. 6:18

Praying fervently,

Savannah - (btw - I am a son of God not a daughter)

2013/11/4 10:06Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy