SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Authentic Biblical Christianity.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Gospel of John (The Movie) ...

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
PosterThread
Rahman
Member



Joined: 2004/3/24
Posts: 1374


 Re:


KrispyKrittr you wrote;
"LOL... I could make a comment on that, but it would only spark another Bible version debate, and I dont want to do that here".


BLESS YOU! ... BLESS YOU! ... BLESS YOU! ... :-D

 2005/3/28 15:48Profile









 Re:

.... but since you brought it up.... :-P

Krispy

 2005/3/28 15:49
Rahman
Member



Joined: 2004/3/24
Posts: 1374


 Re:



Dez,

A most profound post! ... This ones going in my SI ARCHIVE ...

 2005/3/28 15:51Profile
Rahman
Member



Joined: 2004/3/24
Posts: 1374


 Re:


Krispy,

This thread is relying on your mercy ... :-P

 2005/3/28 15:56Profile









 Re:

Quote:
This thread is relying on your mercy ...



I shall have mercy upon whom I shall have mercy... and I choose [b]you[/b]!

I have some BBQ ribs I must attend to, I'll be back later, y'all.

Krispy

 2005/3/28 16:20









 Re: limp wristed Jesus

In this movie, Is Jesus viewed as a limp wristed sissy or is he strong and filled with passion when he is angry or is he just reading his lines?

I remember watching the King of Kings or Jesus of Nazereth, I can't remember which, but the actor who played Jesus was limp wristed and moved like a three toed sloth.

Why do religious people view the saints like some reed blowing in the wind or someone who is dressed in white all the time? They might be colour blind, I don't know.

Karl

 2005/3/28 19:59
Rahman
Member



Joined: 2004/3/24
Posts: 1374


 Re:


Brother Karl,

You wrote:
"In this movie, Is Jesus viewed as a limp wristed sissy or is he strong and filled with passion when he is angry or is he just reading his lines"?

i would have never recommended this movie if Jesus was portrayed as a "limp wristed sissy" ... i reject such renditions of Christ in paintings and especially in cinema and see them as a smear straight from the pit of hell to turn off the greater majority of men ...

This is just my personal opinion but when i see paintings/drawings/etc. whether old or new where the artist oozes femininity in their depiction of our Savior i wonder about their own sexual orientation and whether their depiction of Christ is their own wishful thinking as justification of their own sinful inclinations ...

i think that satan enjoys hinting a bit of homosexuality toward Christ regarding His empathy, compassion, and His nurturing relationship with the twelve, most notably John, as it's fairly effective in throwing up a red flag to most men's homophobia ...

What satan is very afraid of is God's image creation coming to, and surrending under the truest definition of what a real man is ... The true scriptural depiction of Christ as the son of man, is exactly how every man (especially Christian) should wish to be defined ... But even we that are saved still often times define ourselves as men in our "old nature" terms and are in constant need of Holy Spirit's help in "renewing the spirit of our mind" to that definition in our "new nature" terms ...

So no, i don't think this movie will offend your sensibility
as a man ... i hope you will rent/buy it and come back with a review ...


You also wrote:
"Why do religious people view the saints like some reed blowing in the wind or someone who is dressed in white all the time"?


i think because folk period over idealize "saints" as someone otherworldly and they put them on pedestals that say the saints are exactly opposite of what everyday people are ... This too i think is a hellish deception in that we everyday folk are geared to think that who the saints were we can never get to because they were somehow special, and we're not ... But that's because we have a tendency to be blinded to their blunders, and only see their triumphs ... Both topics of which i've addressed i think are readily accepted of men because the former is a good excuse for men especially to reject Christ, and the latter is a good excuse for us all as to why we can't live holy ...

Funny thing tho, no matter what media, no one ever seems to portray Peter out of his biblical character.

 2005/3/29 9:23Profile









 Re:

Quote:
This is just my personal opinion but when i see paintings/drawings/etc. whether old or new where the artist oozes femininity in their depiction of our Savior i wonder about their own sexual orientation and whether their depiction of Christ is their own wishful thinking as justification of their own sinful inclinations ...

i think that satan enjoys hinting a bit of homosexuality toward Christ regarding His empathy, compassion, and His nurturing relationship with the twelve, most notably John, as it's fairly effective in throwing up a red flag to most men's homophobia ...

What satan is very afraid of is God's image creation coming to, and surrending under the truest definition of what a real man is ... The true scriptural depiction of Christ as the son of man, is exactly how every man (especially Christian) should wish to be defined ... But even we that are saved still often times define ourselves as men in our "old nature" terms and are in constant need of Holy Spirit's help in "renewing the spirit of our mind" to that definition in our "new nature" terms ...

So no, i don't think this movie will offend your sensibility
as a man ... i hope you will rent/buy it and come back with a review ...


You also wrote:
"Why do religious people view the saints like some reed blowing in the wind or someone who is dressed in white all the time"?


i think because folk period over idealize "saints" as someone otherworldly and they put them on pedestals that say the saints are exactly opposite of what everyday people are ... This too i think is a hellish deception in that we everyday folk are geared to think that who the saints were we can never get to because they were somehow special, and we're not ... But that's because we have a tendency to be blinded to their blunders, and only see their triumphs ... Both topics of which i've addressed i think are readily accepted of men because the former is a good excuse for men especially to reject Christ, and the latter is a good excuse for us all as to why we can't live holy ...



Our perception of what Christ looked like and acted like is very much influenced by the artists of centuries long past... who were predominately Catholic. The Roman Catholic Church has always tried to maintain the gulf between God and man, even tho God Himself bridged that gap when He came in the flesh as Jesus. The RCC defines what a "saint" is differently than the Bible does, and this is where the other-wordly perception comes in.

Christ is portrayed by the RCC in it's art as feminine, and it's not surprising considering that they view Mary as a co-redeemer with Christ.

It's all based on lies, and who is the father of lies? Satan.

Krispy

 2005/3/29 9:39









 really?

Quote:
However, I hate the version of the Bible they used



hate? You use the word "hate" when refering to a version of the Bible you don't agree with?

hate? interesting choice of a word.

with all the filth pouring out of our entertainment industry and out of our TV's, I figured any believer would be OVERJOYED to see such a wonderful production of the Gospel of John made.

I would never use the word "hate" in conjunction with God's precious Word, but thats just me.

 2005/3/29 19:51
dann
Member



Joined: 2005/2/16
Posts: 239
Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

 Re:

Quote:
This is just my personal opinion but when I see paintings/drawings/etc. whether old or new where the artist oozes femininity in their depiction of our Savior i wonder about their own sexual orientation and whether their depiction of Christ is their own wishful thinking as justification of their own sinful inclinations ...



I have to say, when I start to surmise evil of others - that is, to imagine that they have sinful motives for anything that they are doing -based on my own bias, I usually check myself because I know that sort of thinking happens right at sin's doorway.

We all agree that Christ - the King of glory - ought not to be depicted effeminately. By that, I mean: clean shaven; wearing jewelry, make-up, and woman's clothing; nor is their any reason to portray the king of Glory as being being soft and delicate in his mannerisms.

I suspect that most actors play that sort of Jesus that they are most familiar with - and most actors who have portrayed Jesus are not evangelical Christians - therefore they portray the only Jesus they know - a Jesus that has been handed down to them, not through the bible, but through the cinema.

Sadly though, some brothers in the Lord have determined exactly how long a godly man's hair should be - and the moment they spy someone who doesn't match their self imposed stereo type they charge the person with some sort of sexual perversion.

I am not saying this is what you are doing - not at all. But your comment did remind me of people who do, so I thought I would comment.

We all know that there is a way to wear one's hair effeminately - and it doesn't have to be long to do it either. But equating a particular length of hair with femininity is subjective at best.

Dan
/\/
\/\


_________________
Daniel van de Laar

 2005/3/30 8:45Profile





©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy