SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : From a Russian Gulag

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Sree wrote:People invited into heaven are those who valued Jesus in either earthly life and gave their heart to him. If a protestant who believes in all right doctrines gave only 25% of his heart to Jesus and rest 75% to world. On the other hand a RC believer who gave 75% of his heart to Jesus and 25% to Mary or other RC saints. Then do you think God will reject this RC believer and invite the protestant believer?

Greetings

I know you did not direct this to me but as this topic has been on my heart after reading what you wrote I could not sleep so here I am. I am wondering why do you believe GOD who has given us the standard according to HIS WORD would accept either the Roman Catholic or Protestant that you have described? Where does the verses in the Bible come from that supports that GOD will accept anything less then a heart sold out to HIM? Help me understand what you are saying?

I did not write the above from a sarcastic heart but as one who is truly seeking to understand what is being said here?

God bless
mj

Edited

2013/11/1 6:38Profile
Sree

Re:

Mj, I certainly understand where you are coming from. I have Hindu relatives and friends who agree with me on the gospel completely except believing that Jesus is the only way to salvation. One even challenged me that she will see me in heaven as a Hindu.

Answering your question, I do not believe that anyone who does not have his heart completely sold out to Christ will be saved. But I have seen very very few Protestants or right doctrine believing Christians who satisfy this criteria. Less than1%. That is what I said.

2013/11/1 7:59Profile
brothagary

Re:

less then one percent sree

that sounds a little more cynical then john marcartha and his words about the charismatics

I don't think we reach a perfect holiness sold out to god type sanctification ,,and only then pass the works test and are admitted to heaven ,,,,none would be save ,or maybe only the most mature ,,god loves his children even the small as well as the great ,and he seals them with the holy spirit as the guarantee,,,scripture points to other factors that prove who are born of god ,,the first letter of john is a great revelation of what was given to the doubting children ,,,,,john said that we wrote what he wrote for that reason so that they might know that they have eternal life

do we love the brothers and sisters

do we practice and pursue sin ,,(have no real repentance )
do we practice righteousness as a stile of life
or do we still walk in the darkness

moving pass that

what do we trust in is it Jesus and his work of redemption plus nothing

of do are we divided in our faith and do we live in sin trusting in more then god for salvation provision

is our faith in god alone

that will be the telling factor of our salvation
and (he that is born of god keeps himself and the evil one does not touch him )

if your heart and trust is 10 pecent on mary

or mical the archangel
or 10 percent works
or ten percent priest ,or paster
ten percent church

or ten percent self so to speak ,,to say this is literally and oxy moron in reality ,,you are not born of god if you heart remains on anything others then Christ

when god give the gift of faith ,,,,,it is a faith that is directed at the trinity and the work only god provides ,,it is utter blasphemy for a person to live there life and take the lords name vainly in one cheek ,wile there is in the other cheek is calling on the dead and walking in darkness ,,repentance is towards god the bible says and faith in our lord jesus Christ

not repentance towards mary 10 percent

there is not one shread of biblical evidence that a person can be save with out a full repentance toward god,,not a single example ,,,,,,,but the opposite

you cant love god with all your mind heart and soul and spirit ,,and kneel down before the dead saints angles or deamons or dead relatives

he who is born of god does not practice sin for god seed is in him and he cannot practice SIN period full stop

save through faith in god
no confidance in the flesh of any created being

that is saving faith ,,and weakest among us no what this is and it is what we are all striving to live

blessings

2013/11/1 9:04Profile
brothagary

Re:

Jehovah witness were martyred for following another Jesus ,,so were Mormons ,,,,,,,,,,,getting killed for professing a faith in Jesus proves nothing in reality

which Jesus is the question ,,,
im sure a favourite pass time of Satan is to deceive and kill as many false professors for a false faith as killing the true follows ,,, he may enjoy that more so

2013/11/1 9:14Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by Sree on 2013/11/1 4:59:11

Mj, I certainly understand where you are coming from. I have Hindu relatives and friends who agree with me on the gospel completely except believing that Jesus is the only way to salvation. One even challenged me that she will see me in heaven as a Hindu.

Answering your question, I do not believe that anyone who does not have his heart completely sold out to Christ will be saved. But I have seen very very few Protestants or right doctrine believing Christians who satisfy this criteria. Less than1%. That is what I said.

Thank you for getting back to me.I am glad we agree that,

"I do not believe that anyone who does not have his heart completely sold out to Christ will be saved."

God bless
mj

2013/11/1 9:36Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by brothagary on 2013/11/1 6:14:11

Jehovah witness were martyred for following another Jesus ,,so were Mormons ,,,,,,,,,,,getting killed for professing a faith in Jesus proves nothing in reality

which Jesus is the question ,,,
im sure a favourite pass time of Satan is to deceive and kill as many false professors for a false faith as killing the true follows ,,, he may enjoy that more so

I wanted to respond to this because I think its also important to realize that even demons knew who Jesus was. Even they recognized HIM as the Son of God.

Mark 1:23-24
23 Now there was a man in their synagogue with an unclean spirit. And he cried out, 24 saying, “Let us alone! What have we to do with You, Jesus of Nazareth? Did You come to destroy us? I know who You are—the Holy One of God!”

2013/11/1 9:42Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Percentages of poison ...

Mary Jane wrote:

“First let me begin by asking you some questions and know that I do so in love brother.

IF I have a bowl of soup and 99% of that soup is good food but 1% is poison it is still lethal and will kill right?

Why if I love my mother or others lost in the RCC church would I ever want to not share with them about the lethal 1% that the RCC teaches and will separate them from GOD for eternity?

Where is the scripture to support that those with a divided heart will see eternity with HIM?”

Mary Jane, your contention in this thread obviously stems from your own close experiences with the deep deception that you lived in within the RCC and that which you see in your family members. One thing that I have discovered is that not all Catholics are the same! Just as not all Baptists are the same … Pentecostals … etc.

Some may disagree with me heartily, but I firmly believe that EVERY organized belief system known to man has at least 1% … if not 0.5% error (POISON) that could damn a soul to hell if swallowed. As Paul put it:

1Co 11:19 For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Within every belief system there are extremes of theology that can deceive the heart that wants deception.

When I was growing up, I was convinced that if a person was Baptist, he was for sure on his way to hell. The only Baptists that I knew believed that if you are once saved, you are always saved, and no matter how wickedly you lived you are guaranteed assurance that you will go to heaven when you die. I knew for a fact that based on God’s Word they were dead wrong and on their way to hell. Since then, I have met and come to know of many Baptists and Calvinists such as Paul Washer who preach their doctrine differently. They blend eternal security with the fact that a changed life will show fruits, and come up with teachings that, if followed, would lead toward life eternal.

Having grown up and more thoroughly examined my own belief system, I have come to understand why many Calvinists attack the belief system that I was taught because within “Armenian” theology a person can come to trust in his own works instead of the finished work of Christ for his salvation and that 1% of poison can take the person to hell.

Just as I (with Biblical proof) branded anyone who was Baptist as “hell bound”, you similarly are branding all who are Catholic as “hell bound” based on the Catholics that you know. Having known many Catholics from third world countries, I can assure you that not all who are labeled “Catholic” believe (or even understand) what you were taught in RCC! Some of them barely understand the languages that presented the Catholic religion to them, but they understand “Jesus died to save me from my sins, and I believe in Him”. God is the One who knows in what their hearts are trusting for their salvation … regardless of the name over their churches.

Obviously there is a much higher percent of poison taught in the Catholic system than in the Baptist system, but the sad reality is that multitudes of Baptists are on their way to hell because they were taught a false concept of salvation in Baptist churches and they have believed the lies and will one day be saying “Lord, Lord ….” And will hear “depart ye workers of iniquity I never knew you”. Their idea of “believe on the Lord Jesus Christ” was a mere acknowledgment of His existence but He was never Lord of their lives.

In eternity God will reveal those who within each different belief system REALLY trusted Him alone and were truly transformed, and those who chose the erroneous fringes within their belief system.

2013/11/1 10:52Profile
MaryJane

Re: Percentages of poison ...

Lordotagain wrote:Just as I (with Biblical proof) branded anyone who was Baptist as “hell bound”, you similarly are branding all who are Catholic as “hell bound” based on the Catholics that you know. Having known many Catholics from third world countries, I can assure you that not all who are labeled “Catholic” believe (or even understand) what you were taught in RCC! Some of them barely understand the languages that presented the Catholic religion to them, but they understand “Jesus died to save me from my sins, and I believe in Him”. God is the One who knows in what their hearts are trusting for their salvation … regardless of the name over their churches.

I did want to point out that I have said in this thread as well as other threads that I "DO" not believe all who are in the Catholic church are hell bound. Never said that and that is not my heart just so we are clear on that point.

Thank you for your response appreciate you taking the time to write it.

God bless
mj

2013/11/1 11:46Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

Dear MaryJane,

I am sorry that I jumped to that conclusion. It appears that you are trying to balance out the need for doctrinal clarification with the fact that some who are involved in groups that teach falsehood are actually truly saved.

If a person reads the article presented in this thread and bases his eternal destiny on the assurance that we are agreeing that some Catholics go to heaven ... therefore "I'm OK like I am" (in my reliance on my doctrinal creeds for my salvation), then that person is choosing self deception over the revealed truth of God's Word.

2013/11/1 12:31Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by Lordoitagain on 2013/11/1 9:31:54

Dear MaryJane,

I am sorry that I jumped to that conclusion. It appears that you are trying to balance out the need for doctrinal clarification with the fact that some who are involved in groups that teach falsehood are actually truly saved.

If a person reads the article presented in this thread and bases his eternal destiny on the assurance that we are agreeing that some Catholics go to heaven ... therefore "I'm OK like I am" (in my reliance on my doctrinal creeds for my salvation), then that person is choosing self deception over the revealed truth of God's Word.

Thank you for the response and I accept your apology :) Perhaps there is room for me to reread my responses as well and check my heart to be sure of how I say things. It is difficult sometimes in this form of communication to convey what a person is truly feeling and meaning on subjects such as these.

Any way I appreciate your heart and baring with me through this.

God bless
maryjane

2013/11/1 16:12Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy