SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : From a Russian Gulag

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
PosterThread
MaryJane

Re:

Edited:

As I said to Greg I do understand the purpose of the story I just can see as one who was lost in the RCC how the wording in the story can be taken and twisted by one lost in the traditions of these false religions. I have been accused of hating Catholic before and nothing could be further from the truth, are there people who love the LORD in the RCC church, probably will they continue saying the Rosary, praying to mary, and promising allegiance to the papacy? NO! How could they if they are truly saved and born again in JESUS.

I do not wish to argue I just long to see those lost in the RCC come out of that dead religion and be saved. I pray that they will see the sin in their life and repent just as each of us must do.

Perhaps as hard as it is to hear, the BIBLE does tell us not all who claim to know HIM really do. Many will say LORD LORD and HE will say depart from me. I just keep praying that those lost in the RCC who believe sincerely that they are saved and place their faith in both JESUS and mary will see the truth before it is to late.

God bless
mj

after thought: I pray also for those who are lost in these other religions would see the truth as well. I think Neil was right when he posted in another thread that the term Christian has come to mean something other then those who willing take up their cross, follow JESUS and submit to HIM as LORD of their lives. Today many different religions call themselves Christian and are filled with those who are not born again, who do not know or walk with JESUS, and who live in open and will full rebellion to HIM. There is a standard...JESUS alone is the Way, the TRUTH, and the LIGHT!

2013/10/29 13:56Profile
rjennings

USA

Re:

proudpapa,

Sorry if I'm a little sensitive on this subject but I've confronted this issue head-on recently in my church where hyper-grace theology is embraced. In one breath everyone agrees that we all strive to adhere to sound doctrine but in the other states that doctrinal disputes does nothing but divide the body of Christ. You can't have it both ways! If the gospel is being perverted to the extent that there are no genuine conversions what are we left with? We may as well stick Mormon on the door...or pick your poison.

I frequent this board enough to know the heart of most you who post. I'm simply concerned over what I see as a slippery slope that many are on to expand the boundaries of Christianity beyond that defined in scripture.

God bless!

2013/10/29 14:19Profile
proudpapa

Re:

Hi rjennings,

Thankyou very much for explaining the reason for your sensitivity and concern for this type of subject.

I am vey opposed to the RCC. and to the Gospel of lasciviousness.

2013/10/29 14:35Profile

Re: Reson for this story

Saints I feel some of you are missing the heart beat of why I posted this story. Let me change the setting. Then maybe the reason will become apparent..

In 2014 an economic collapse occurred because of the deficit. Martial las had been declared. The infamous Federal detention centers had been activated. Those not swearing allegiance to the new order were rounded up and taken to the death camps as they came be called.

It was in one of these death camps that four men were throne into a death cell. They were marked for execution on the guillotine the next day.

These men recognized one another as believers in Christ. One was a Calviinist who believed in the cessation of spiritual gifts in this age. Be had recently returned from a conference called Strange Fire. This brother believed all Charismatics were bell bound.

The next man was a charismatic who prayed in tongues and believed in prophesy and healing. Gid had used this brother .kghtimh before his imprisonment. Yet he had been condemned by the cessionist as hell bound and oprating under Satan

Another brother a hard shell fundamentalist, KJV only. He believed that if one used another translation they were bell bound.

The other brother a pretribber who had not scene the rapture materialize. His theology was shaken.

As these men began to quietly talk they discovered they had been taken to the death camp bscause of their love for Jezus and refusal to deny Him. Thus their execution was assured the next day.

Whatever doctrine or theology these men may have had that divided them was now irrelevant. If was Jesus they were being martyred for. These men discovered they were brothers in the shadow of the.cross. TThe former Calvinist, charismatic, fundamentixt, and pretribber rejoiced they were going to eternity go be with Jesus.

Throughout the night there was repenting,, praising, singing, praying. The next morning ad these men, these brothers, went to the guillotines not ax Calvinists or Arminuans or Cessionists or charismatics. They went in joy as martyrs for Jesus.

Forum is the message clear? Do you understand what is being conveyed?..Are you going to give your allegoance to a system of doctrine of to the slain Lamb of God. Add you going to lay down your lives for TULIP or for Jesus Christ? Does anyone understand what I am saying?

God have mercy on us if John Calvin be lifted up over Jezus at the guillotine.

Blaine Scogin

2013/10/29 14:50

Re:

Forum I ask you again. Are you going to die for correct doctrine or for Jesus Christ? Does anyone have courage to answer this? Does anyone know what I.am talking about?

Ate you more passionate about Jesus Cbrist or your doctrine?

Blaine Scogin

2013/10/29 14:57
MaryJane

Re:

Forum is the message clear? Do you understand what is being conveyed?..Are you going to give your allegoance to a system of doctrine of to the slain Lamb of God. Add you going to lay down your lives for TULIP or for Jesus Christ? Does anyone understand what I am saying?
Blaine Scogin

As I said to Greg I did understand what you were saying from the beginning with your post but took issue because of the wording in the story. If you, I, my mom, and my brother are all locked in that camp together, each of us swearing we love JESUS and each of us kneels to pray the difference would be you and I would cry out to JESUS alone while my mom and brother(both whom are catholic would reach for their rosary or begin to pray to Mary or one of the many dead saints as well as JESUS. Do you understand the difference in that? Each one of us is ready to die for JESUS but two of the four are placing our hope and faith in something other then the LORD alone...

God bless
maryjane

2013/10/29 15:07Profile
MaryJane

Re:

by bearmaster on 2013/10/29 11:57:07

Forum I ask you again. Are you going to die for correct doctrine or for Jesus Christ? Does anyone have courage to answer this? Does anyone know what I.am talking about?

Ate you more passionate about Jesus Cbrist or your doctrine?

Blaine Scogin

Blaine dear brother I will answer. Of course I want to follow JESUS and live my life for HIM only but there are instances where doctrine does matter, as in this case with the RCC and the Mormons too. If I say it doesn't matter what the RCC believe(when it does) then I do them a disservice by allowing them to believe a lie. JESUS is the only WAY, TRUTH and LIGHT. GOD is a jealous GOD and as HIS child I will stand firm in HIS truth, there are some things that do matter...HE sets the standard and we don't get to change it that is just the way it is.

God bless
mj

2013/10/29 15:14Profile
rjennings

USA

Re:

Bearmaster,

I think your intent is to bring unity in light of the controversy over the Strange Fire conference which is commendable. I’m old enough to remember when Dave Hunt released Seduction of Christianity in the mid-eighties. I have friends who still believe Dave to be the antichrist and accused him of yellow-journalism and wailed over how much harm he did to the body of Christ. I personally believe the opposite is true. I took issue over much of what was being promoted then in the name of Pentecostalism as I do today. I appreciated the effort he took to deal with the individuals rather than to generalize while others thought that his name-calling was out-of-line. The opposite appears to have occurred with Strange Fire and controversy still prevails but I still think if we Pentecostals take the larger picture to heart and acknowledge we have some housekeeping to do now as we did then, the Body of Christ at large will benefit.

I’m still a large Dave Hunt fan BTW. :-)

God Bless!

2013/10/29 16:01Profile
ginnyrose

Mississippi

Re:

Mary Jane,

Persecution does something to people. It is like heat: heat will harden an egg and it will also soften a hard potato. So is persecution. While your family may be "stuck" in their RC rituals as having redeeming value, all these things may lose their value once they are faced with the probability of dying. When faced with death life assumes a far different perspective. But then not all will change when faced with a situation in which one is totally helpless to improve his lot. This is what Blaine was telling us when he shared this story.

I do not know if you are aware, but we earnestly believe in Believer's baptism. This was a hot issue the Anabaptists had with the Catholics, the Lutherans and the Reformers during the Reformation era (1500s). Many Anabaptists were severely persecuted by these groups (history tells us the Reformers were more severe in their persecution then the Catholics!) because of this issue. It was not quite this simple, but for the conversation, this will do.

Now - Richard Wurmbrand is a Lutheran! He explained his affiliation with it because this is the first form of Christianity he was exposed to. Do I as one who hold to believer's baptism discount his testimony based on his belief in baptism? The evidence is overwhelming how the LORD changed this man's heart - mode of baptism notwithstanding. I think one sees the mercy, grace of God working in spite of doctrine and for this one can only sit back and be awed. Doctrine is very important, but it does not save in and of itself. It is important that one has an idea of who God is, how he works and man's response to Him, but there is a dimension of God that we cannot fathom. And this is what the incident Blaine shared, and Wurmbrand's testimony teaches us.

Mary Jane, I still believe and teach Believer's baptism, Richard Wurmbrand notwithstanding.

Does this make sense, Mary Jane?

God bless.

Sandra

2013/10/30 10:52Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greeting ginnyrose

I did understand what Blaine shared and I do understand his point as well but at the same time I know of many catholic who go to their death holding firm in their faith to the Roman catholic church, Mary, and Jesus. My dad as you know was one such person. He died confessing to a priest and not Jesus.

Thank you for sharing ginnyrose always good to hear your insights.
I agree God can change a heart no matter what sin there is it can be forgiven through Jesus.

God bless
Mj

2013/10/30 11:31Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy