SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Latest French translation of the Bible edits Lord's Prayer. Bishops approve!

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Latest French translation of the Bible edits Lord's Prayer. Bishops approve!

You may have thought that, after all of these years, the text of the Bible, and its subsequent translations, is probably pretty airtight. What certain passages mean is obviously an ongoing debate. But, you don’t hear most people clamoring for a line edit of the good book. Most people don’t live in France.

Fearing that Catholics in the country have been reciting a version of the Lord’s Prayer that could be heard as blasphemous, French bishops have decided to edit the French-language Bible to end any apparent confusion about worshipers’ intentions when taking the time to recite the prayer.

The offending phrase? The Lord’s Prayer’s particularly high profile verse: "Lead us not into temptation." Here’s the rub, ...

read more: http://slate.me/1fB1BFJ

2013/10/18 12:11Profile
SolaVeritas

SK Canada

Re: France (Just Now) Decides Lord’s Prayer Is Blasphemous, Edits Bible

The title they chose for this article is misleading and gives a completely different idea than what the rest of the article is talking about. A correct title would have been something along the lines of, "Latest French translation of the Bible edits Lord's Prayer. Bishops approve!"
While grievious enough, in the end it's not much different from what has been happening to the English translation, particularly in the last decade or so. And again it confirms that the church is under attack from the inside more than anything else.

2013/10/18 14:50Profile
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Great suggestion brother I fixed it: Latest French translation of the Bible edits Lord's Prayer. Bishops approve!

2013/10/18 15:20Profile

Re:

The Enemy first attacked the credibility of God's Word and His character in the Garden and he has never let up.

God's word attacked and undermined with doubt.
Gen 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

God's character besmirched (He is lying to you)
Gen 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

People believe today, that God submitted Adam and Eve to temptation, the same words as the French Lord's prayer.
Jas_1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

Act_20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter IN AMONG YOU, not sparing the flock.

2013/10/18 20:23

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy