SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : How many christians read there bible ?

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
PosterThread
Heavenlyman

Australia

Re:

[size=xx-small]Quote:[/size]
[size=xx-small]I have known christian who do not know the bible and I want to help them but the problem is that they do not know enough of the language or I ahve to explain what that verse says in modern english I find because of the influx of television and the media the language that I try and propiate is beyond what they understand[/size]

Some times even people is been a christian for long time, but still not able to understand the word of God. There would have some things in their life blocking them from understanding the Bible, their hearts and spiritual eyes and ears are still closed from recieving his teaching that they may grow in Christ... If you want to have the victory in this try to search your own heart that you may able to find how to give the love of Christ to them, overcome it by praying and fasting "for we battle not by flesh and blood but we are battling against the principalities, against the power, ... against spiritual host of this darkage, ask God to grant you his will in this area, and may recieve His understanding. When you feel you are struggling to minister to them either you doing it by your own strength and wrong heart or your are fighting agaist the strong man that got hold of their life. Be led by the Holy Spirit and He will guide you of what you need to do and how to be able to touch their heart.

Yours In Christ Jesus,
Claudette

2005/4/7 21:43Profile
MD4Christ

Re: How many Christians read their bible?

Well unfortunately I think America has slipped into something called "greasy grace." This is the belief that "if you prayed a prayer once in your life, checked off a church card stating you have received Christ, or you went up front to the altar to accept Christ in a general prayer for the crowd" then you are "once saved, always saved!" I do believe that what God starts he will finish because we are HIS workmanship, but to suggest that one can live like a devil and be "saved" is ridiculous. To say Christians can never pray, never read their bibles, and still be Christian is wrong! That idea will take many false converts to hell. Many think that they have a ticket to heaven after praying that magic prayer, as if God is inclined to accept them when there is no genuine repentance or conversion on their part. I think it's absurd to suggest that the mighty, omnipotent God of the bible who commanded the mountains to rise, and the stars, and the planets to take their places would have a hard time working in someone's life to conform them to the image of his Son. I am not suggesting that we are perfect, but the bible commands us to strive for that. Christians who do not have a hunger for God's word or for fellowship with the Almighty Creator in prayer should examine themselves very carefully.

2005/4/7 22:51Profile
rookie

Savannah TN

Re:

deltadom wrote:

Quote:
I have known christian who do not know the bible and I want to help them but the problem is that they do not know enough of the language or I ahve to explain what that verse says in modern english I find because of the influx of television and the media

I have started raising up other men to learn how to teach from Scripture. The ability to read and comprehend is a major stumbling block. My wife is a teacher's aide at the local elementary school and she tells me of horror stories of the many children who are falling behind because they cannot read. Television and computer games are destroying the minds of these generations. These activities suck up the precious time of our children when they should be exercising their minds.

Have patience and perservere. All we have is time. So spend it with those who have a desire to learn the word of God.

In Christ
Jeff

2005/4/8 10:35Profile
deltadom

Hemel Hempstead

Re:

Have the new versions increased bible reading ?

2005/4/10 22:14Profile
CJaKfOrEsT

Melbourne, Australia

Re:

Quote:

deltadom wrote:
I have known christian who do not know the bible and I want to help them but the problem is that they do not know enough of the language or I ahve to explain what that verse says in modern english

Apparently, Smith Wigglesworth was illiterate before picking up the Bible, and it was the only book he ever read. There's hope for us all yet:-).

2005/4/11 8:07Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy