SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Looking for free sermon messages?
Sermon Podcast | Audio | Video

Discussion Forum : Articles and Sermons : IS SOMETHING ABOUT TO CHANGE? by David Ravenhill

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

"Pilgrim and Sojourner." - 1 Peter 2:11

Online!
 IS SOMETHING ABOUT TO CHANGE? by David Ravenhill

For almost fifty years of ministry I have heard the prophetic community tells us that we are on the verge of something new. Terms like, a new anointing, new alignment, new generation, new move, a new season, change is coming, there is a shift in the heavenlies, God is about to do a new thing, etc. Others have told us that God is raising up a new company. I don’t recall how many new companies I’ve heard about over the past fifty years. There have been at least a dozen or more that come to mind. This growing chorus of change seems to be getting louder and louder, however, by the time one word regarding change is given, another has already replaced it.

This all begs the question, are these genuine words or just the earnest desire of those longing for some type of recognition in the prophetic community? While the answer may well be yes to both of these possibilities, there is also a third one to consider.

Just the other day I was reading Paul’s letter to the Romans where he tells us, “the anxious longing of creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God…For we know the whole creation groans and suffers the pains of childbirth together until now.” Not only does Paul tell us that all of creation is in labor, but he goes on to state, “And not only this, but also we ourselves…groan within ourselves, waiting eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies.” Romans 8:22,23)

I believe what we are hearing from our prophetic brethren is the groaning and longing of those who yearn for the fullness of God’s purpose to be revealed. This deep longing is being expressed through them in a variety of ways and words. They are feeling and sensing what creation is going through and can sympathize and identify with it. While not content to settle for things the way they are, they are voicing their frustration and longing through these cries of change.

I have never held to the belief that God is forever updating and changing His plans as though His former plans were failing. It has always troubled me to hear that God is about to do something new, which implies that He wasn’t doing it that way before. Take for instance, “a new anointing for evangelism”. Does that mean that all of a sudden God has had a change of mind regarding the lost? I don’t think so! His longing to seek and save the lost has no variableness whatsoever.

There is no doubt in my mind that we, along with the rest of creation, have not yet fully seen all that God has prepared for us. While I don’t pretend to know all that is implied by Paul’s phrase, ‘the sons of God’, I do know that it is not a new company who will proudly strut their spiritual superiority before the rest of the Body of Christ.

The day is rapidly dawning in which we will see all our longings, desires, and groanings realized which will be “the redemption of our bodies”. The birth pangs are definitely intensifying and becoming more frequent with each passing day.

Until that day, let’s patiently bear with those who can’t fully articulate what they are feeling, other than to say, “I’m sensing something is about to change.”

2013/10/5 11:28Profile

Re: IS SOMETHING ABOUT TO CHANGE? by David Ravenhill

warning, strong language in the scene.

a simple man, in the film "Take Shelter" is "cursed/blessed" with vivid dreams....there is no mention of "prophecy", there is no mention of God in this film, but there doesn't have to do, as the LORD fills EVERYTHING.

the film is called "Take Shelter"...is this simple man....a prophet?....many in the so-called "church" fall all over themselves delivering "prophetic messages", or exclaiming the "mantle of prophet has been conferred upon me"...or even SAYING they are "prophets"......they have no idea what they speak of.

Some of you may term this film, "Hollywood drivel", as is your right, but I disagree....Someone spoke into the heart of this director/writer, about a story of a simple man cursed and blessed with dire foretelling.

the lot of the prophet is tragic, there is no offering, only scorn and the sword (or pistol).....I shall post two scenes, first, the trailer, and then a scene where this simple man, "Curtis" comes unglued during the middle of a Lions club dinner.

there is strong language within. Now I believe I have the Spirit of the Lord in me, and I've watched this film...more than once...and it spoke to me, but that's just me, i'm not Len, nor David, just me....My Father loves me, steadfast love, and faithfulness...and I love Him. I died a while back ago, that's all I can say.

Many long for the Day of the LORD....careful.

Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5U4TtYpKIc

Lions Club Scene (strong language)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey1Z0VhAQdA

I have been weeping for 8 months now....that's all I can say.

2013/10/5 16:40

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy