SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Failure of the IRF

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

The Failure of the IRF

In the 1990's the Office of International Religious Freedom was created within the US Dept. of State. The office was headed by an ambassador. The function of the office was to monitor and report religious rights violation in annual reports to the US Congress. The idea was to have the US exert moral authority to encourage nations to promote religious freedom. It had been hoped this office would help alleviate the persecution of Christians world wide.

Under the leadership of former Secretary of State Hillery Clinton and influence of the LBGT the IRF had a new mandate. That was to first and foremost protect the rights of gays and lesbians world wide. And to advance this lifestyle. Thus persecution of Christians and other faith groups was secondary.

So why this post? Simply to show the failure of government to promote justice of any type. Particularly the American government. There is only One who can bring true justice. True kingdom justice. That is Jesus Himself. For it says the government will rest on His shoulders.

Blaine Scogin

2013/10/3 16:12

Re: The Failure of the IRF

Blaine, are you saying that God does not work through people to bring blessing?

Did He not work through Joseph, a member of Pharoah's court and 2nd in command in the Egyptian government to save the Hebrews and Egyptians from starvation?

Did He not use Esther to influence the King, her husband to save the Jews?

Did He not use Daniel, a senior Babylonian official?

And does He not turn the heart of unbelieving Kings through prayer?

I think you are beating a dead horse. True Believers look to God not man. But, they pray for all that are in authority (including and especially, His people) that we may live a peaceful life.

1 Timothy 2:1-2
Chapter 2
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men; For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

2013/10/3 18:29

Re:

Just-in I am merely stating a fact over the failure of one office that had failed to discharge its mabdate. I might add this office had Christians working in it. But they have been silenced on threat of actions against their careers.

Again. One cannot depend on government to promote justice. Certainly not Kingdom justice found in Jesus Christ. Again the government does rest on His shoulders.

Blaine

2013/10/3 18:50

Re:

I do (and many others) agree that we cannot depend on government, Blaine.

2013/10/3 19:03

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy