SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : The Apostle Paul was not ignorant of Roman Law as a citizen of Rome

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

proudpapa says, "Why do you lock your doors Christian friends"?

Well, there are those that seem to romanticize about "The Coming Persecution", however, most people would say they lock their doors because they don't want to be robbed, tortured or killed.

Many that are persecuted overseas would love to come to America and they would thank God for the freedom and the benefits that come with freedom while many here don't value it. Where did Richard Wurmbrand go when Norwegian saints spent 10,000.00 to ransom him. Did he go to Norway?

2013/9/30 23:26

Re:

Inthelight,

this thread was started to pay particular attention to the behaviour of the apostle Paul as a dual citizen. This is important to discuss because the Enemy who is artful at dividing and conquering has divided the church over the definition of what is righteous and good. He has us now doing his work by separating into camps,,,the spiritual and the unspiritual. We should not do this.

When righteousness triumphs we should all rejoice.

Please don't inject or plant your thoughts of divisiveness in this thread. If we are not spiritual enough for you, you could always lay low and let us continue.

Your impoliteness at throwing out an accusation and generalizing is not counteractive to your message of division and strife.

2013/9/30 23:30

Re:

PP who did the Anabaptist appeal to when they were persecuted. They saw themselves as citizens of another country, a heavenly one, and entrusted thenselves to God to withstand the persecution.

Paul did use his Ronan citizenship to secure his freedom at least twice. But he was martyred by Nero in the end.

Governments at their best are corrupt because they are run by fallable man. Because of this you cannot trust in government to protect you or even care about your rights. Your ultimate trust must be in Christ Jesus.

Bearmaster.

2013/10/1 0:05
proudpapa

Re:

///Governments at their best are corrupt because they are run by fallable man. Because of this you cannot trust in government to protect you or even care about your rights. Your ultimate trust must be in Christ Jesus.///

Brother Bear This is well said!

the point that I see that we are trying to make is that as you admitt Paul did appeal to Ceaser for his physical freedom, So we must agree that to do so is neither evidence of lacking Spirtually nor sinfull.
But yes I definetly agree that our ultimate trust must be in Christ Jesus and that governments or political partys defenitly can not be what we trust in.

P.S. I apperciate your heart for the persecuted church Bear.

2013/10/1 0:19Profile

Re:

Hi Bearmaster,

We are all fallable and no one is saying to trust in man (government). And, yes, in the end, we all die.

I guess we are not making ourselves clear to you and that's ok. We are not trying to divide anyone, just trying to understand Paul and others through the centuries and how they interacted with their respective national governments.

I certainly do not trust governments. In my city, Veterans have not been paid any benefits for 20 months and in some cases up to 3 years. I am near the 4th largest city in the nation. There are wonderful ads on the TV to become a Marine but they don't tell you how badly you will be treated when you come home. And soon, they will administer healthcare for all. I am looking to the Lord, brother, because I see it all collapsing, soon. The scriptures are true, "Vain is the help of man".

But, I don't have a bad attitude when I go to a government office. I just look for the Lord's merciful hand in everything and sometimes I see Him working through His servants who work in government.

I too, appreciate your heart and glad regarding the persecuted.

2013/10/1 0:30
proudpapa

Re:

///PP who did the Anabaptist appeal to when they were persecuted.///

appeal to the Scriptures, and appeal to God

When Men like Sattler was on trial he admonished his persecuters to consider the end for which God had appointed them, to punish the evil, and to defend and protect the pious

He stood firm in that they had not acted contrary to the imperial mandate, he did all that he could within his legal rights to defend himself as did Paul when put on trial

2013/10/1 0:34Profile

Re:

From proudpapa -

Quote:
Brother Bear This is well said!

the point that I see that we are trying to make is that as you admit Paul did appeal to Caesar for his physical freedom, So we must agree that to do so is neither evidence of lacking Spiritually nor sinful.

Exactly!

2013/10/1 0:35

Re:

Interesting we are talking about government as the government of the most powerful nation is now shut down.

Praise God! He never shuts down.

Bearmaster

2013/10/1 9:00

Re:

Amen, brother. God never shuts down.

But we are not talking about government for government's sake. We are talking about Paul's citizenship and how he utilized it on earth. Obviously, he deferred to it, minimally, but he did find it useful in a couple of cases.

2013/10/1 9:12
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings just-in

Can I ask you, do you believe that this example by Paul is a commend that each believer should or must follow if they find themselves in a similar situation?

Do you believe that GOD could just as easy tell a believer to be quiet and say nothing? There are times when GOD uses our silence to further HIS Kingdom, HE has done so in my life many times.

God bless
maryjane

2013/10/1 9:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy