SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : 50 'Hand-Picked' Christians Trained To Convince Churches To Re-Interpret Scripture's Gay Boundaries

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 50 'Hand-Picked' Christians Trained To Convince Churches To Re-Interpret Scripture's Gay Boundaries

Fifty hand-picked Christians were part of a seminal conference last week planned by Matthew Vines, a 23-year-old gay Christian who believes Scripture allows for monogamous homosexual activity, in an effort to spread the idea in the American church over the next decade.

Event participants, who are simply being called "Reformers," are required "to be willing to be a public, accessible, visible leader in their communities for the indefinite future going forward on these issues," said Vines. Regardless of what each leaders' strategy is for inspiring reform, the 23-year-old said it is important for them to be both "respectful and sensitive" when engaged in dialogue with others.

"Our primary goal is not to make the church pro-LGBT," said Vines. "Our primary goal is to protect the integrity of the body of Christ as the witness to God's love on earth." ...

read more: http://www.christianpost.com/news/50-hand-picked-christians-trained-to-convince-churches-to-re-interpret-scriptures-gay-boundaries-105342/

2013/9/30 11:12Profile

Re: 50 'Hand-Picked' Christians Trained To Convince Churches To Re-Interpre

Did not Paul say that even from your own selves men will arise speaking perverse things to draw away the disciples after them? Did not Peter say that some distort the truth to their own destruction?

The biggest deception is coming from the evangelical church itself. The tragedy is the evangelical church is bjying this lie hook, line, and sinker.

Dear God. Have mercy on us.

Bearmaster.

2013/9/30 12:39
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

Meet the reformers.

http://www.reformationproject.org/2013-conference/reformers

2013/9/30 14:20Profile

Re: 50 'Hand-Picked' Christians Trained To Convince Churches To Re-Interpre

The only thing these rebells will get in my neck of the woods is a strong rebuke.

2013/9/30 14:32
Blessed2070

Re:

The only thing these rebells will get in my neck of the woods is a strong rebuke.

Wow, it is so intresting to me how many Christians are so against homosexuality, only because their sin stands for all to see. The intresting part is how many of these judges are guility of adultery ..so easily hid that one is, if you LOOK upon a women to lust....and if a women putteth away her husband and be married to another she committeth adultery....divorce and remarriage accepted by God? Adulterers go to Hell.
I think what these men and women are doing bringing sinners to Christ is totally being unfairly represented here. Isn't it God and the Holy Spirit who convict, by drawing by love. Then by convicting of the weightier matters..Anger, Hate, Wrath, Lust, Adultery, so much more said on that than homosexuality, but we are okay with those sinners in the Church, because they just can't stop is the excuse. .Sin is Sin. He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.
Why don't we praise God and pray that he uses these Christians to bring sinners to Him to be dealt with. All for the Glory of God.

2013/9/30 15:05Profile

Re:

Quote:
Wow, it is so intresting to me how many Christians are so against homosexuality, only because their sin stands for all to see. Blessed2070

There is no wow unless you are seriously surprised that anyone could be both astonished and offended by 50 men setting themselves in an agreement to wilfully and perversely lead others on to a sin which of itself is sufficient to destroy the man for eternity.

Quote:
Why don't we praise God and pray that he uses these Christians to bring sinners to Him to be dealt with. All for the Glory of God.

When did a born again man stand in judgement of God's word and deny the very God who said that He made man in His own image and likeness? If God has said that homosexuality is an abomination to Him it cannot be for no reason. As for the rest of your post, it is sheer nonsense.

2013/9/30 15:13
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

The message I sent to the reformers, and there emails if you want them...

When I consider how the goodness of God is abused by the greatest part of mankind, I cannot but be of his mind that said, The greatest miracle in the world is God’s patience and bounty to an ungrateful world. If a prince hath an enemy got into one of his towns, he doth not send them in provision, but lays close siege to the place, and doth what he can to starve them. But the great God, that could wink all His enemies into destruction, bears with them, and is at daily cost to maintain them. He well may command me to bless them that curse me, who Himself does good to the evil and unthankful. But think not, that you shall escape thus; God’s mill goes slow, but grinds small; the more admirable His patience and bounty now is, the more dreadful and unsupportable will that fury be which ariseth out of His abused goodness. Nothing smoother than the sea, yet when stirred into a tempest, nothing rageth more. Nothing so sweet as the patience and goodness of God, and nothing so terrible as His wrath when it takes fire.

The Old Testament prophets frequently told their hearers that their wicked lives provoked the Holy One of Israel, and that they were treasuring up to themselves wrath against the day of wrath. And conditions in the world are no better now than they were then! Nothing is so calculated to arouse the careless and cause carnal professors to search their hearts, as to enlarge upon the fact that "God is angry with the wicked every day" (Ps. 7:11). The forerunner of Christ warned his hearers to "flee from the wrath to come" (Matt. 3:7). The Saviour bade His auditors "Fear Him, which after He hath killed, hath power to cast into Hell; yea, I say unto you. Fear Him" (Luke 12:5). The apostle Paul said, "Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men" (2 Cor. 5:11). Faithfulness demands that we speak as plainly about Hell as about Heaven.

Then flee, my reader, flee to Christ; "flee from the wrath to come" (Matt. 3:7) ere it be too late. Do not, I earnestly beseech you, suppose that this message is intended for somebody else. It is to you! Beg the Lord to search your heart and show you yourself and turn from your wicked ways....

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]

2013/9/30 15:22Profile

Re:

On many levels there are wolves infiltrating the Church to weaken it and render it powerless.

Zep 3:3 Her princes (spiritual leaders) within her are roaring lions; her judges are evening wolves; they gnaw not the bones till the morrow.
(Words in parentheses are my words.)

Jer 13:20 Lift up your eyes, and behold them that come from the north: where is the flock that was given thee, thy beautiful flock?

2Pe 2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
2Pe 2:7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
2Pe 2:8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;)

2Pe 2:10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government.

They despise the government of God in their lives. They will not come under His authority or walk in His righteousness.

2013/9/30 16:26
murrcolr

Scotland, UK

Re:

I got a reply from one of the so called reformers, which I have copied onto here along with my response. I encourage you to engage with these decieved people, as how can they ever hope to know the truth if nobody tells them the truth. I encourage you all to start enaging with humanity as the clock is ticking and Christ will soon come.

There are email addresses below to conatct these reformers lets tell them the truth in love..

----
Brother Colin,
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to send such an uplifting and encouraging message. As you can imagine, doing the work of the Lord in today's society can be somewhat disheartening as those around us continue to blaspheme the word of God through false interpretation of scripture. I find it so refreshing brother to know you have taken the time to think for yourself, rather than blindly follow the mesaage of hatred derived from the subjective translation and interpretation of today's scripture. Isn't it amazing to study the original manuscripts? I myself found it amazing how at the time of Gods divinely inspired word, sexual orientation was in fact a mute point since it was not even conceptionalized. Thank you again for your prayers and support.
In Christ,
Brother Michael
------

Micheal,

Let’s not beat about the bush here, God is a God that treats us all equally “we are all sinners”. God requires us all to turn from our sins and believe in Christ. Why should those with a different view of “sexual orientation” expected to be treated differently by God? Why should the bibles view of sin be changed (reformed) so as to treat one group of people differently than others so that there sin is acceptable, I think the issue that they love there sin and don’t want to change?

In my past life I was a violent and angry man who was both fornicator and adulterer; I accepted that I was wrong and I turned away from that lifestyle and turned to God, I was forgiven filled with the Holy Spirit and the process of changed began in my live, today I am a different man because of that. I didn’t try and reform what the bible said to make my lifestyle fit in, but rather I let what the bible says to convict me that I was a sinner in need of salvation and reformation.

Scripture says; some will be lost because they have rejected God’s truth. 2 Thess 2:10-12. This is my concern for you and your fellow “reformers” that you’ll end up lost for rejecting the truth. I know at this time you believe passionately about the cause you want to promote( as you wouldn't do it), but you must take time and pray and fast to find out the truth and the spirit that is working behind this push for reformation or you’ll end up being lost.

Colin

Edited spelling

2013/10/2 8:13Profile
MaryJane

Re:

Greetings Collin

I appreciated what you shared here and how you responded to this person. In the end they are lost and deceived and each of us can understand and relate having been there ourselves at one time until GOD opened our hearts and we were set free.

I very much like what you wrote here, "I didn’t try and reform what the bible said to make my lifestyle fit in, but rather I let what the bible says to convict me that I was a sinner in need of salvation and reformation."

To often that is exactly what happens, people attempt to make the Bible say what they want to hear because it eases their conscious and allows for their desire to continue in their sinful ways.

I pray GOD will give you strength as you walk in attempting to share with this man.

God bless
maryjane

2013/10/2 8:25Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy