SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Uhh Ohh Where did all the christians go?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

Uhh Ohh Where did all the christians go?

Genesis 19:22-24

[b][size=medium][color=0000FF][font=Helvetica]22 But run there fast, because I cannot destroy Sodom until you are safely in that town."[/font][/color][/size][/b] (That town is named Zoar, because it is little.)

23 The sun had already come up when Lot entered Zoar. 24 The Lord sent a rain of burning sulfur down from the sky on Sodom and Gomorrah
New Century Version

Question What do you think would happen if we got all the Christians out of a Town or City?
Would the Town be spared? Or would swift destruction overtake the Land?

2005/3/25 1:17Profile
dohzman

Re: Uhh Ohh Where did all the christians go?

Now that's an interesting question.

2005/3/25 2:05Profile
AgesofWar

Chicago IL USA

I was listening to [url=http://69.44.157.77/sermons/SID4422.mp3]The Man Behind the Message by Keith Green[/url]

and then I heard it..

Luke 51-56

51 Now it came to pass, when the time had come for Him to be received up, that He steadfastly set His face to go to Jerusalem, 52 and sent messengers before His face. And as they went, they entered a village of the Samaritans, to prepare for Him. 53 But they did not receive Him, because His face was set for the journey to Jerusalem. 54 And when His disciples James and John saw this, they said, “Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them, just as Elijah did?”
55 But He turned and rebuked them, 2and said,
[b][size=small][color=FF3300]“You do not know what manner of spirit you are of. 56 For the Son of Man did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.”[/color][/size][/b]And they went to another village.

So I have to say I should not try and concive of a way to destroy the Wicked but to abide with the Will of my Master and Pray to Save them.

In Christ Michael

PS. Every SI Member should Listen to the Keith Green Message above. I know I needed to hear it.

2005/3/25 3:20Profile
Angyl

Quote:
Question What do you think would happen if we got all the Christians out of a Town or City?

That depends on a lot of things, but God does not automatically destroy towns that don't have Christians in them. Evidence the fact that he didn't destroy towns BEFORE there were Christians and there are even places in the world today with no Chrsitians in them.

Well, you might think that he'd destroy towns that have had their chance and turned away Christianity? Not so. Again, I point you to the town that would not receive Christ. No Christians there. Peter & Co threatened fire from Heaven on them but Christ sternly rebuked that kind of thinking.

So while God [b]CAN[/b] destory a town with or without the righteous in it, I don't think there are many (if any) cities in the world today that fall under that kind of wrath. 'cept maybe San Francisco. ;-)

2005/3/25 10:25Profile
mloaks

So. MD, USA

Re:

'Frisco makes me think of Jonah before his gourd wilted! :-x

Lot's of folks there in Nineveh don't know their right from their left!
Later, they got whacked (the Medes?)...

2005/3/25 14:58Profile

Re: And they went to another village.

"And they went to another village"

That is something isn't, after Jesus rebuked them for saying that they know not what spirit they are of, yet when Lot came out of Sodom, he went into another village.

Nice!

Karl

2005/3/25 21:37
dann

Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

North America didn't have any Christians prior to the Europeans coming, yet it wasn't a smoking hole when they got there...

Just my thoughts.

Dan
/\/
\/\

2005/3/25 21:56Profile
dohzman

Re: eternity in thier hearts

Have you ever read the book "eternity in thier hearts"? It was discovered that the early american indians actually knew of a god that resembled the resurrected Christ and they had records that talked about the great flood. Many primitives have similar records and some missionaries report how surprised they are to find that somehow God has already been in these places before them. Any how, it worth while reading.

2005/3/25 22:26Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy