SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : News and Current Events : Louisiana Pastor Killed During Revival Service

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
Martyr

United States

Louisiana Pastor Killed During Revival Service

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/louisiana-pastor-is-shot-killed-during-revival-service-police-say-suspect-arrested/2013/09/28/61e71be2-285b-11e3-8ab3-b5aacc9e1165_story.html

I don't usually post on the forums, being quite content to just read, but the lack of mention of this tragic event has come to my attention.

No motive is known. The man had no previous criminal history. What a day we live in...

2013/9/28 22:20Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re: Louisiana Pastor Killed During Revival Service

Thanks for posting. Lake Charles is about 3 and a half hours from where I live. I am trying to find out what I can through friends to see what would have been a motive.

Some friends of mine that were once in that "circle" became disappointed by the constant leaning toward materialism and earthly prosperity and eventually left the church that they were in that was connected to that church.

On the other hand, this could have been one preacher who within that circle of fellowship didn't bow to the golden calf and stood firmly preaching righteousness. I don't know enough about him to comment.

If the murder was because Pastor Ronald J. Harris Sr. preached the truth, and Woodrow Karey, Jr. didn't like the truth, then we have a case of martyrdom here in Louisiana.

If the murder was because of anger at the disappointment of having been deceived, then we have a much more sad situation here.

2013/9/29 2:02Profile
Martyr

United States

Re:

Wow, I hope for his sake it was the latter (that he preached righteousness). If you find out anything brother please let me know.

2013/9/29 8:01Profile
Lordoitagain

Monroe, LA - USA

Re:

This case is NOT looking good. Of course, the media will "run with it" to try to further degrade Christianity. Many similar jealousy murder cases never even make the news, but when it involves a "Christian" pastor ... get ready for the way of truth to be evil spoken of. (2Peter 2:1-2)

http://www.nbc33tv.com/news/crimetracker/sexual-relationship-betwe

Pro 6:34 For jealousy is the rage of a man: therefore he will not spare in the day of vengeance.
Pro 6:35 He will not regard any ransom; neither will he rest content, though thou givest many gifts.

2013/9/30 16:02Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy