SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Devotional Thoughts : Slow down to stay ahead

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
ArthurRosh

Slow down to stay ahead

The world has become too fast. So much so that we are forced out of balance by the change in pace and what is needed for godliness is no longer possible.

We need men of God surrendered to the Master and living according to His pace and timing.

This is the only way to stay in step with and stay ahead of the increasing rapidity.

Slow down to stay ahead

The fight to slow down has never been harder

2013/9/22 10:20Profile

Re: Slow down to stay ahead

Brother Certain, Brother Doubt & Brother Constance

An Allegory of Haste, Doubt and Rest.

“My brother Certain, I saw thee walketh purposeful and can scarce retain the measure of distance between us. Howbeit that thou dost walk with such intent? Lo brother Certain I hasten and am near to falling! What manner of walk is this that thou art on my brother? Brother Certain stop I cannot continue in its haste. It is altogether too much for me, have mercy and slow thy pace for me somewhat.”

Am I my brother’s keeper?" Doubt thou art on another way! For though it seems that we are on the Way and True, the Way it seems to thee is wrong. Did once I seek thee out to ask which Way? Or did I once to ask by haste or leisure? Who set thee on this Way and made this haste beyond thy call? Get thee to thine calling true made sure and fit thine own.”

“My brother Certain, this is the Way on which my call and feet were set. The Master who did of it say, spoke sure.” “Go after Certain and with him walk along the Way”. “If go I back the narrow way, I will of thee loose hope, and altogether will have run in vain. If not with thee and brother Constance am I found then found am I in error. To find thee once again would in that run, be to my fall along the Way. I shall not go back and I want not to fall dear brother.”

Am I my brother’s keeper? “Doubt how art thou along the Way?” “Fine my brother Certain, thy back is strong and shoulders broad, I am in all comforted. And lo thy pace is still in good measure on. More yet my feeble eyes canst now I see that which thou canst not. Brother the way ahead is straight and true. On my brother certain in Christ press on.” “Praise Christ brother Doubt this day thine eyes are good and mine. My back that ere to now not tested is by grace to thee given.”

2013/9/22 13:08

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy