SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : Miracles that follow the plow : losing my faith

Print Thread (PDF)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
PosterThread

Re:

Hi

Tea-tree oil can have serious side effects and is known to produce weakness and even coma. Sometimes there can be additives. It is banned in some countries. So l think there has been an underlying problem here with maybe some lasting anxiety disorder. So l feel you must adopt a healing regime and perhaps look into genetic reasons for neurotransmitter imbalance. Sugar and alcohol are contraindicated.

On the spiritual side, it seems that you have a long term problem with anger which has disrupted your relationship with God and more control over your biochemistry with good diet and avoidance of your triggers will help there but of course you need to find peace of mind. You made a mistake with your marriage but God is forgiving when we are sorry.You will suffer enough from this especially if you have children, but its done now and some of your problems are from fixable causes. Have a look at info from psychiatrists who take a holistic view and treat according to biochemistry. God will help you find the help you need but you must confess this deep anger and resentment towards Him. Free will means that He has to allow us to go our own way and make mistakes.

2013/11/19 4:56

Re:

bible4life, to add to what krautfrau has said I just wanted to add something (recognizing it is very hard to truly get to know someone in a forum like this): Consider Lk 11.24-26. Surrender can sometimes be viewed as merely negative thing, but it is also positive. If all we ever do is remove things out of our lives we end up clearing room for the enemy get stronger control. If we are going to clean house we need to replace it with something.

Brother, the Bible is full of precious promises and I would encourage to read them, meditate on them and pray over them. M'Cheyne once said that for every glance at ourselves we should have 10 looks to Jesus. Satan has success whenever he gets our eyes off Jesus, whether he gets us entangled in the world or fixated on ourselves. If you go on looking at yourself you will never run out of reasons for self-condemnation. That of course is the point. You deserve to be condemned (as do all of us here at SI). But this is also why our loving Father provided a way of atonement in His Son. The answers to your problems are all found in Him. But it seems to me that Satan has you distracted, and you are despairing because of what you find yourself.

But why should you despair when others have been exactly where you are and found joy? You are right to cry out "o wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from teh body of this death?" But don't stop there! There is an answer to that question: "I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord...

2013/11/19 9:12

Re:

My biggest problem i think is that my heart is becoming hard towards God and I am losing desire for the things of God and at times the hardening just really brings me into spiritual anguish, why am i doubting and disbelieving and desiring the world again like i am. The tea tree oil might have affected me, but even before that i struggled with depression and fear. I don't want to lose the Lord, but i seem to have no control over my own heart and feelings. Please pray i don't lose my faith and turn from Christ. I really appreciate it. Thank you guys for caring.

2013/11/24 17:07

Re:

Quote:
by bible4life on 2013/11/24 17:07:14

My biggest problem i think is that my heart is becoming hard towards God and I am losing desire for the things of God and at times the hardening just really brings me into spiritual anguish, why am i doubting and disbelieving and desiring the world again like i am. The tea tree oil might have affected me, but even before that i struggled with depression and fear. I don't want to lose the Lord, but i seem to have no control over my own heart and feelings. Please pray i don't lose my faith and turn from Christ. I really appreciate it. Thank you guys for caring.

bible4life,

Let me just say this: Even the demoniac still retained enough control over his will and emotions where he ran and cried out to Christ.

Mar 5:1 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
Mar 5:2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
Mar 5:3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
Mar 5:4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
Mar 5:5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
Mar 5:6 BUT WHEN HE SAW JESUS AFAR OFF, HE RAN AND WORSHIPPED HIM,

In your "heart of hearts", what is Christ saying to you? He knows exactly how to rescue you and so you have to carry out His instructions to you, if you want to be rescued. In all of your posts, you clearly point out WHAT you are allowing in your life which is causing your heart to be hardened. No one has a magic prayer or pill for you. No one can snap their fingers and transport you back to the time in your life when everything was wonderful between you and the Lord. Too much has happened since then and you have given up too much ground to the Enemy. These are doors that YOU have opened.

Though you don't think so, YOU DO HAVE CONTROL OVER YOUR HEART AND FEELINGS even though you have let sin, the world and the flesh overwhelm your heart. No one is making you NOT choose Christ, but YOU. That kind of thing does not happen to us by itself.

Only YOU CAN discipline your flesh (Deny it), ONLY YOU CAN CHOOSE Christ.

bible4life, you cannot cast out the flesh nor crucify a demon. The flesh must be crucified and where there is demonic influence, then it must be dealt with and it's hold can be broken over you. But don't mix up your flesh with demonic activity. When the Enemy has made inroads into your life, you must deal with each door you opened.

If someone threw you into a body of water, would you just drown? No, you would not. You would try to save yourself and swim.

Like most of us in the Christian walk, you are your own worst enemy. As Pogo said, "We have met the enemy and he is us."

You are a sheep that has gone astray. Again, I ask. In your heart of hearts what is the Great Shepherd saying to you? Will you carry out His instructions to you, step by step?

I leave you for now with 2 verses. One, when Jesus was speaking to those who were not acquainted with Him and the 2nd one is for those who WERE acquainted with Him.

Matt 20:32 And Jesus stood still, and called them, and said, What will ye that I shall do unto you?

John 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

2013/11/24 20:19

Re:

Quote:
by bible4life on 2013/11/24 17:07:14

I agree with what brother stand-in has said, that the problem is not easily solved but I don't agree that using your will power will solve it through discipline. When the heart grows cold, it cannot be changed like that and not when things have been going on for a long time.

I have observed that people with mental health problems do often end up with severe spiritual problems. I have also discovered that physical problems that is to say, bio-chemical ones which affect the neurotransmitters and which often originate from the gut and are genetic, triggered by periods of great stress or trauma, are resistant to antidepressant and anti-anxiety treatment. They can be treated by means of changing the biochemistry which changes the gene expression. It is a new field of science called epigenetics and is very exciting.

Cutting out certain foods and taking supplements especially methylfolate and methylb12 (they must be in these active forms as some people cannot convert the inactive forms). You must also cut out folic acid which is a manufactured form of folate and some people cannot genetically convert it to a biochemical form and is in a lot of foods in America. So any b supplement must not contain folic acid and must have folate and methylb12. I would advise you to find a b supplement and iherb do good deals. I do not have any financial interest in the company. You need to get on a healthy diet cutting back on manufactured foods and cutting sugar and alcohol. I guess you have looked into this previously due to you working in a health food shop and using tea tree oil.

But this is just the start. The spiritual side needs sorting out too but if you start to feel better, then you will be able to sort that out better.

For the spiritual, you need to understand that there has been a slow chipping away of trust in God due to the problems which have developed due to the mental problems with your biochemistry. Of course I am just giving you my opinion here. Many years of disappointment and unanswered prayer will harden the heart over time and are not easy to fix.

The basis of the problems lie in the fact that you were not 'walking in the Spirit' to start with' and you ended up in a pit. God could not intervene on many occasions due to you being under the law of the flesh. And now you have lost all desire for Him but do not despair.

All you need to do is to take one step of contrition and He will be there. If you cannot will this, which I suspect you may not be able to do, you can ask Him to give you the will.

Another thing you need to know is that you must stop looking to man for answers. There are too many voices and you will only end up confused.

When you do return to Him you will find treasures that cannot be found in an easy life. God bless you brother. I am praying for you.

Brenda

2013/11/25 3:39

Re:

Just to clarify, Krautfrau. I was not trying to communicate to bible4life that "will power" will set him free. I was a bit concerned that someone might think that I was saying that. I liked your recent post and I am hopeful that bible4life is gleaning something useful in the thread he started. Definitely, physiological problems should be treated. And God can surely strengthen bible4life's will and give him new desires as bible4life turns his heart (contrition) towards the Lord.

2013/11/25 9:37

Re:

bible4life, set some time aside and read some of these articles. Some of these articles are also found on SI, I just can't locate them, right now.

THIS IS THE GOSPEL
http://www.twoolivetrees.com/id18.htm

A WALK IN THE WORD
http://www.twoolivetrees.com/id27.htm

THE LOVE WALK
http://www.twoolivetrees.com/id28.htm

YOUR TEACHER THE HOLY SPIRIT
http://www.twoolivetrees.com/id67.htm

FALSE TEACHERS AND THE SIN UNTO DEATH
http://www.twoolivetrees.com/id49.htm

COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE
http://www.twoolivetrees.com/id33.htm

DOES GOD APPROVE OF YOU?
http://www.twoolivetrees.com/id57.htm

GRACE AND WORKS
http://www.twoolivetrees.com/id31.htm

WHY YOU NEED THE HOLY SPIRIT
http://www.twoolivetrees.com/id24.htm

VAIN BABBLINGS, MYTHS, STUMBLING BLOCKS, AND LIES
Myth #1 “EVERYBODY SINS A LITTLE”
http://www.twoolivetrees.com/id38.htm

2013/11/25 11:11

Re:

thank you i will read them. I have been doing real bad this past week please keep me in prayer.

2013/12/9 1:59
dohzman

Re: A repeating record

I hate to sound like a repeating record but a quick read through 1Jn will show that the only way to keep your heart from growing cold toward Jesus is to "DO" His acts of righteousness toward others, that is why I suggested the little booklet Practice of the Presence of God. We often miss the simplest of solutions for our day to day problems or our spiritual needs. Aside from doing righteousness, there are times when we just do not seem as though we are connected to Christ, at troughs times you have to keep doing good and act out your faith toward Christ by being a Christian in character. John s epistles calls it things like abiding in the truth, doing righteousness, walking in the light, etc... May the Lord give you the grace and faith to do His will in life daily.

2013/12/9 11:22Profile

Re:

thank you brother, i don't know what wrong with me exactly, what is causing all of my problems, but i can only ask the Lord to show me and to help me.

2013/12/9 11:47

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy