SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : SermonIndex Announcements : SI UPDATE: RESOLVED: Forum posts not working properly

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 SI UPDATE: RESOLVED: Forum posts not working properly

Dear Saints,

We are still working out the issues with the forum posts, only very short posts will work so if you are posting a large article it will not work and leave the post blank.

Do pray for those helping that we can solve this problem. Praise God.

2013/9/11 22:35Profile

Re: SI UPDATE: Forum posts not working properly

The problem appears to be user specific. My historic posts over a certain length are all gone. As are some of Greg's. Endless Joe has just posted a long text post from Africa and Jon the server man has posted a long post as Greg.

Geographical?

Threading Integrity?

Individual User based threading Integrity?

What is the character bit length for integrity loss?

Threshold parameter?

update @ time stamp 08:58

None user specific integrity lost on character bit threshold.

2013/9/12 3:15

Re: 3398 characters all no spaces 2751 all

Wisdom crieth aloud in the street; She uttereth her voice in the broad places; She crieth in the chief place of concourse; At the entrance of the gates, In the city, she uttereth her words: Proverbs 1:20-21

My son, if thou wilt receive my words, And lay up my commandments with thee; So as to incline thine ear unto wisdom, And apply thy heart to understanding; Yea, if thou cry after discernment, And lift up thy voice for understanding; If thou seek her as silver, And search for her as for hid treasures: Then shalt thou understand the fear of Jehovah, And find the knowledge of God. Proverbs 2:1-6

Wisdom sits in the gate and she observes the going out and the coming in.

Say unto wisdom, Thou art my sister; And call understanding thy kinswoman: That they may keep thee from the strange woman, From the foreigner that flattereth with her words. For at the window of my house I looked forth through my lattice; And I beheld among the simple ones, I discerned among the youths, A young man void of understanding, Passing through the street near her corner; And he went the way to her house, In the twilight, in the evening of the day, In the middle of the night and in the darkness. And, behold, there met him a woman With the attire of a harlot, and wily of heart. She is clamorous and wilful; Her feet abide not in her house: Now she is in the streets, now in the broad places, And lieth in wait at every corner. So she caught him, and kissed him, And with an impudent face she said unto him: Sacrifices of peace-offerings are with me; This day have I paid my vows. Therefore came I forth to meet thee, Diligently to seek thy face, and I have found thee. I have spread my couch with carpets of tapestry, With striped cloths of the yarn of Egypt. I have perfumed my bed With myrrh, aloes, and cinnamon. Come, let us take our fill of love until the morning; Let us solace ourselves with loves. For the man is not at home; He is gone a long journey: He hath taken a bag of money with him; He will come home at the full moon. With her much fair speech she causeth him to yield; With the flattering of her lips she forceth him along. He goeth after her straightway, As an ox goeth to the slaughter, Or as one in fetters to the correction of the fool; Till an arrow strike through his liver; As a bird hasteth to the snare, And knoweth not that it is for his life. Now therefore, my sons, hearken unto me, And attend to the words of my mouth. Let not thy heart decline to her ways; Go not astray in her paths. For she hath cast down many wounded: Yea, all her slain are a mighty host. Her house is the way to Sheol, Going down to the chambers of death. Doth not wisdom cry, And understanding put forth her voice? On the top of high places by the way, Where the paths meet, she standeth; Beside the gates, at the entry of the city, At the coming in at the doors, she crieth aloud: Unto you, O men, I call; And my voice is to the sons of men. O ye simple, understand prudence; And, ye fools, be of an understanding heart. Hear, for I will speak excellent things; And the opening of my lips shall be right things. For my mouth shall utter truth; And wickedness is an abomination to my lips. All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; There is nothing crooked or perverse in them. They are all plain to him that understandeth, And right to them that find knowledge. Proverbs 7:4-27 to Proverbs 8:1:9

2013/9/12 3:43
jondaley

Hillsboro, NH, USA

Re:

Can you point to any posts that are still broken?

The issue is a character-set issue, and PHP version - the new server uses PHP5, which defaults to UTF-8, and since the database (old and new) uses UTF-8, we should have been all set, but the character set of some posts is set to ISO-8859-1 or windows-1252, so I wrote a conversion script that tries UTF-8 and then falls back to windows-1252, and that seems to be working.

As far as I know, no old data was lost - I think it is likely that those of you who have seen your new posts have not been posting properly, those posts might not have been saved.

But, if you can point to specific URLs that aren't working, that would be helpful to me.

2013/9/13 16:14Profile

Re: Posts

Speaking personally my posts appear to be ok now. Many thanks for your efforts Jon. Good job!

2013/9/13 17:00
sermonindex

Canada

Online!
 Re:

Praise God. Thank you brother Jon for your help in this. What tremendous work. May the Lord Himself be praised and honoured also for helping us all.

2013/9/13 19:34Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy