SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : My 2 cents...

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
bjladd

My 2 cents...

I honestly love Benny Hinn. If you have ever been to one of his crusades or even read one of his books, you would know how much the Spirit of God has touched his life. I consider it a priviledge and a blessing to give to Benny Hinn ministries to see lives and souls come to Christ all over the world. Jesus said that a prophet is not without honor except in his own country, and I think this is especially true in America. The millions who have given their lives to Christ and who have gotten healed (by the power of God Almighty and not by the power of man as Benny points out every time the Holy Spirit moves) through his ministry attest to his legitimate calling. Not only does he give glory to God, he points out that the single greatest miracle in the world isn't healing--it is salvation. I know friends who have given their lives at Benny Hinn crusades--friends who have hearts for God now and love the Lord; genuine conversion. I also know people--real flesh and blood people--who have received their healing at his services. I have watched as people who couldn't hear at all wept profusely (you can tell what is emotion and what is life-changing weeping) could suddenly hear because God opened their ears. I suppose I would consider Benny Hinn a false prophet if he claimed it was him doing the healings, but he doesn't. He gives all the glory and the honor to the true healer, Jesus Christ. I do thank God for the ministry of Benny Hinn and for how much he is doing to further the name of Christ throughout the entire world.

Lastly, I just want to say that I make far less money right now than most "poor" people I know in America. Even so, I love giving to the work of God, in whatever He is doing around the world and it's honestly far from my heart to think that Benny Hinn is bilking us "poor" folks out of any George Washington's. Rather, I consider it a priviledge that God would entrust me with money to be able to pour out finances (do you know how much even one crusade costs?) to see souls saved. Furthermore, God said that if you even so much as give a glass of water to a prophet, you will receive a prophet's reward, and if some of my money goes to providing a lavish place for Benny Hinn and his guests to stay at, then I praise God for that; that they can find an oasis to seek God's face in the countries they stay at. I hope and I pray that God continues to bless his servant extravantly.

Check this out if you're interested:
http://www.thetruthline.com/

and

http://www.thetruthline.com/dateline.cfm

God's blessings to you all,
Jordan

2005/3/23 11:34Profile
bjladd

Re: My 2 cents...

Hey, sorry, I'm new to this forum and I meant to make a reply to the Benny Hinn thread, but instead ended up making an entire new thread.

2005/3/23 11:39Profile

Re:

Quote:
I honestly love Benny Hinn. If you have ever been to one of his crusades or even read one of his books, you would know how much the Spirit of God has touched his life. I consider it a priviledge and a blessing to give to Benny Hinn ministries to see lives and souls come to Christ all over the world. Jesus said that a prophet is not without honor except in his own country, and I think this is especially true in America. The millions who have given their lives to Christ and who have gotten healed (by the power of God Almighty and not by the power of man as Benny points out every time the Holy Spirit moves) through his ministry attest to his legitimate calling. Not only does he give glory to God, he points out that the single greatest miracle in the world isn't healing--it is salvation. I know friends who have given their lives at Benny Hinn crusades--friends who have hearts for God now and love the Lord; genuine conversion. I also know people--real flesh and blood people--who have received their healing at his services. I have watched as people who couldn't hear at all wept profusely (you can tell what is emotion and what is life-changing weeping) could suddenly hear because God opened their ears. I suppose I would consider Benny Hinn a false prophet if he claimed it was him doing the healings, but he doesn't. He gives all the glory and the honor to the true healer, Jesus Christ. I do thank God for the ministry of Benny Hinn and for how much he is doing to further the name of Christ throughout the entire world.

So his heretical teachings on the Holy Ghost, and any number of other doctrines doesnt matter?

Also, please furnish documented proof of medical healings that have followed a Benny Hinn crusade. So far no one knows of any, and it's been investigated to death.

I cant speak for others on this site, but I for one have never made his finances an issue here. Thats not to say I dont have issues with it... I do... but I think his heresies are far more important.

By the way... welcome to the board! :-)

Krispy

2005/3/23 11:47

Re:

By the way, your link is to Benny Hinn's rebuttal... of course he's going to defend himself.

Krispy

2005/3/23 11:50
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

They Say, they say...who are they anyway

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
By the way, your link is to Benny Hinn's rebuttal... of course he's going to defend himself.

I just find it strange that we would rather believe a secular news wire, than the horses mouth. :-?

Suppose he could have been a 'real' christian and not opened his mouth like a lamb before its sheerers is silent. :-P

2005/3/23 12:15Profile

Re: They Say, they say...who are they anyway

Quote:
I just find it strange that we would rather believe a secular news wire, than the horses mouth.

Actually... I base my conclusions about Hinn's heresies on the words that do come out of his mouth... and his books.

I dont trust the secular media or Hinn.

Krispy

2005/3/23 12:56
ZekeO

Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

Re:

Quote:

KrispyKrittr wrote:
Actually... I base my conclusions about Hinn's heresies on the words that do come out of his mouth... and his books.

Can you show me some links that refers to his teachings. I know Hinn from here, and not the Hinn of there.

2005/3/23 13:29Profile
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

[url=http://www.bennyhinn.org/resources/specialteachings.cfm]Benny Hinn Teachings from his website.[/url]

2005/3/23 13:33Profile
bjladd

Re:

Here's a good one (not all of the transcript, but at least a good portion of it):

http://godnet.org/hinn.htm

In it Benny Hinn urges the church in America to not trust any spiritual experiences that happen in revival that are apart from the Bible. Also of note is that Benny Hinn exhorts people to seek Jesus and not any kind of experience God gives them. It was really good and I agree with him.

2005/3/23 13:37Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy