SermonIndex Audio Sermons
SermonIndex - Promoting Revival to this Generation
Give To SermonIndex
Discussion Forum : General Topics : What is the purpose of christ coming again?

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread

What is the purpose of christ coming again?

This is a serious question that I know will be widely criticized.

But, I must ask this question.

What is the purpose of Christ coming back in the clouds if we are saved, SEATED with Him in heavenly places, CHANGED all things have become new?

When we talk amongst ourselves we refer to our inner self as the New Man, so if that is the case, then by dropping off this Old Man the New would be revealed.

If that be true, then why do I need to be changed in the clouds if I am already changed?

It says that this corruption shall put on incorruption.

Ok that is easy to accept, but what about those who have died and thier Old Man decomposed in the ground? "the dust returns to the ground and the spirit returns to God who gave it".

Thier corruption already fell off, and what was left was the New Man. So when they arise from the grave, do they come back with the old body they came to despise and loathe and laboured with the Holy Spirit to mortify the deeds so they can meet the LORD in the air only to have it drop off again to have it changed into His likeness?

That is alot of power being wasted just for a twinkling of an eye moment, don't you think?

Furthermore, I am seated with Him right now in heavenly places, so when I physically die, I leave heaven to lie down and go to sleep and await for the resurrection?

AWAKE THOU THAT SLEEPEST AND ARISE FROM THE DEAD AND CHRIST SHALL GIVE THEE LIGHT.

He commands me to awake only to put me to sleep when I die physically.

Something to think about, the next time you go to a funeral. You'll notice when the minister is behind the pulpit say, "He is with the LORD", when you get the grace yard, he says the opposite, "He is in the grave awaiting the resurrection".

If there is an Apostle out there, let him stand up!

Karl

2005/3/22 21:57
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re: What is the purpose of christ coming again?

You know these verses by I thought I'd paste them anyways.

1Co 15:51 Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
1Co 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
1Co 15:53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
1Co 15:54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Quote:
That is alot of power being wasted just for a twinkling of an eye moment, don't you think?

Some may think that its alot of power wasted when Christ went up in Acts 1. Some may say it was a waste of power for Christ to have fed thousands. And many other things, but what does our opinion matter in those situations? I don't mean to come off rude just a few thoughts.

2005/3/23 8:07Profile
inotof

Morehead, KY

Re: What is the purpose of christ coming again?

Quote:

Something to think about, the next time you go to a funeral. You'll notice when the minister is behind the pulpit say, "He is with the LORD", when you get the grace yard, he says the opposite, "He is in the grave awaiting the resurrection".

Karl

I am not an apostle Paul, to be sure, however, I have to ask; What then does Paul mean when he says "to be absent from the Body is to be present with the Lord?". It has been my understanding that when we die our spirit or New man goes to Jesus, the flesh lies in wait...correct me of im wrong.

2005/3/23 9:57Profile
mloaks

So. MD, USA

Re:

Agreed.
This passage tells me to take comfort:

1 THESS. 4:
[13] But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.
[14] For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.
[15] For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
[16] For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
[17] Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
[18] Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

2005/3/23 15:03Profile

Re:

Dear Brother,

I would say that that was NOT a waste of power of feeding the five thousand that was a act of mercy and a miracle.

What I meant be wasting power is by dressing the New Man back up with the old man only to be cast off again when you get in the air from the grave.

I am presenting a question, I am laying down a question for us to think about what we believe, and why we believe it. Do we believe something because Momma taught us, or is it true because we have made it to be truth by rightly dividing the word of truth.

There are many camps concerning this and not one of them can agree, therefore either one of them is right or all of them are wrong and there is a truth that needs to be discovered.

Karl;-)

2005/3/23 16:09
PreachParsly

Arkansas

Re:

I guess I dont understand how its even possible to interpret the passages that have already been posted any other way. It just seems pretty clear to me.
I could understand maybe questions "when" this happens.. but not the question "if" this happens.

2005/3/23 16:13Profile
jeremyhulsey

Re:

Hi Karl,

A careful reading of ICor. 15 will make your question moot, unless perhaps you have a novel interpretation of it?.

Quote:
There are many camps concerning this and not one of them can agree, therefore either one of them is right or all of them are wrong and there is a truth that needs to be discovered.

We may need some enlightening on this one. As far as I know, evangelicals are pretty unified on the doctrine of the resurrection of the dead. Could you please list the different camps and their opinions?

In Christ,
Jeremy Hulsey

2005/3/23 17:17Profile

©2002-2024 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Revival to this Generation.
Privacy Policy