SermonIndex Audio Sermons
Image Map
Discussion Forum : General Topics : Free Kindle ebook: UNSEEN

Print Thread (PDF)

PosterThread
TrueWitness

Free Kindle ebook: UNSEEN

Amazon has an ebook available for free that I feel is quite good. The book is titled: UNSEEN and comes from the verse in the bible:

“While we look not at the things which are seen,
but at the things which are not seen.”
-The Apostle Paul

I have been blessed by the book and want to share a snippet to that will pique your interest:

People everywhere believe God’s Word is true and yearn to know and experience His reality, but they don’t know how. If only they could touch His heart and cause Him to reach out and hold them in His arms, then they believe they would find peace.

Many would do or give anything to draw closer to God as believers in the early Church did, yet nothing they do gives them the sense of lasting fellowship with Him for which they long. Nothing they do seems to result in the change of life which the scriptures promise. If only they could get off their merry-go-round.

Fortunately, God understands why so many fail in their pursuit of His will, He understands why they are tied in knots, distressed, angry, hateful, greedy, lustful, unkind, and even worse, and He does not fault them. Rather, He joyously looks forward to teaching them. In fact, that is why He gave us His Word, not to keep us in the dark but so we could know and understand Him. We are the ones that have made it difficult, not Him. Jesus came to save us, not condemn us.

Unfortunately, God’s children think they know more than they really do, and that false confidence prevents us from receiving what God wants us to have. As Malcolm Smith says, “If you think your cup is full, I can’t pour you any more tea.”

I spoke to a man whose life has been transformed by simply believing God’s Truth. He told me that the night prior to God setting him free from a terrible problem he had cried out, “I give up. I have done everything I can to change and haven’t. If You don’t do something, I am destined to remain the same.” He was obviously at the point of despair. He had no idea God would answer so quickly or that the answer would be so simple.
If you want to end the struggles and failures associated with trying to please God, keep reading. When you are through you will understand how to BE transformed rather than struggle to change yourself. You will find true fellowship with God. He longs to share His thoughts and Himself. According to Jesus, just to know Him is life itself.

Jesus was praying and said to God (His Father), “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”

You have probably heard it said that God has done all the work, “It is finished.” Yet, your reality seems far from it. The Truth is that your reality HAS been changed. Now God wants to make it real to you. The fact is, you already know how to enjoy that new reality, but you just don‘t yet trust what you know.

As your faith grows, you are going to find greater peace, joy, and fulfillment than you have ever known. Faith is the only key to understanding God’s heart, and faith is nothing more or less than the act of believing His Truth. From Genesis to Revelation the entire Bible is a cry from the heart of God to believe Him. We speak because we want people to believe what we say. So too, with God. He never utters vain, empty words. All of His words have a purpose. First and foremost He wants us to believe Him. Without believing what He says, we can never live a life that is pleasing to Him. The heart of God yearns for men to trust Him. But, you can only trust when you believe.

For years I went to church and did everything I was told would bring me closer to God. I prayed, fasted, studied the Bible, witnessed, tithed, gave over and above offerings, and on and on. Yet, aside from an occasional emotional/spiritual experience, the worry free trust in God for which I longed eluded me. The harder I tried the more I failed and the further from God I felt.

Today, my fellowship with God continues to provide more and more confidence in Him. Now, when I visit churches and talk with Christians everywhere, my heart aches. So many want more but have no idea how to obtain it. They go to church regularly, pray, and read their Bibles, yet seem no closer to God than when they started. Some have even despaired; convinced that going to church is a waste.

Even though I had received Christ in my late teens, I suffered terrible emotional problems until much later in life. For years, depression and anxiety were constant companions. I craved acceptance, I needed a friend. Those days are now long gone.

One of God’s greatest desires is for His children to grow up in Christ. To the Apostle Paul, glory was synonymous with Christ living His life in the believer.

“To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.”

In Ephesians, the Apostle wrote that God has given apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, and teachers to the Church,

“…till we all come in the unity of the faith [believing His Truth], and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ”.

When together we come to the place of believing His Truth the way He believes it, instead of our own religious ideas, and knowing what He knows the way He knows it, and not “knowing” anything in a way He doesn’t know it, we will have grown into a perfect representation of Christ – a perfect man.

It sounds like Paul was talking about a new reality. Yet, two thousand years after Christ it seems like the Church is still nowhere near
“…the stature of the fullness of Christ.”

Why? I believe that what God accomplished in Paul and his peers was only the beginning. Unfortunately, since the first century the Church has gone backwards, but this condition is only temporary.

Today, obedience is defined as doing what the Bible says: “If you are serious about pleasing God, then find out what he wants done, and do it. Discover your purpose and pursue it,” many churches claim. “If you are serious about being free from sin, then recommit your life and try harder” shout some preachers, as though man in the power of his own will can mimic the mind and actions of God. But, is this the Truth? After centuries of trying to discover and do His will, are we yet ready to admit we have failed? If the modern church is actually doing God‘s will, where is the love and power Jesus promised?

In the first century, despite the persecution of the Church by the Romans and their government, people were attracted to the Gospel in droves. Yet, today many run from its mere mention, turned off by the hypocrisy they see in those who claim Jesus as Lord. So what changed? People everywhere know there is more, but have no idea how to experience the abundant life about which Jesus spoke.

I know this also: His plan is inextricably tied to knowing the Truth. Unfortunately to many, it is more important to know about the truth than to actually believe it. They’re more concerned with following the rules of their religion and arguing about doctrine than living like Jesus.
The process of being changed into the image of Christ is really very simple. I am amazed at how complicated we have made it.
As we continue, I am going to present God’s will in a way you have probably never considered. This does not mean it will be new. I am simply going to bring to your remembrance things that God has already shown you, things you have overlooked because they seemed too simple, or because you have been taught a gospel that is not completely true.

The Bible distinguishes between two types of truth: Natural truth and God’s Truth. Natural truth is things like the sky is blue, things fall because of gravity, we are eating dinner at the kitchen table, I feel good, I feel bad, my body is sick, my body is healthy, etc. Natural truth describes things as they actually appear. Many believe that how something appears is its reality; however things look is how they will be.

But, God’s Truth is the reality behind everything that can be seen, whether what is seen is Natural truth or lies. God’s truth is: God is love, God loves you. God wants you to know him as He knows you. If my body feels sick, God’s Truth says I’m healed. My finances show that I am poor, but God’s Truth says I am rich. It feels like God has abandoned me, but He said He will never leave me to be mauled by my problems. Bottom line… He is with me no matter what it looks or feels like. God’s Truth is true no matter what my circumstances look like.

By holding to the Truth, eventually our experience and feelings will catch up to what we believe.

END of Snippet

Below is the Table of Contents:

PART 1
CHAPTER ONE
CHANGING VERSUS BEING CHANGED
What Does God See?
There Is So Much More
CHAPTER ONE END NOTES
CHAPTER TWO
BEING CHANGED
Using The Right Meanings
Getting Unstuck
Being
CHAPTER TWO END NOTES
CHAPTER THREE
WE THINK THEREFORE WE DO
Missing The Obvious
God’s Will Is Simple
Our Perceptions Determine Our Responses
What Is Sin, really?
Worry Doesn’t Work
Truth And A Renewed Mind
Whose Fault Is It?
Our Fault, Our Responsibility
CHAPTER THREE END NOTES
PART 2
CHAPTER FOUR
UNTWISTING THOUGHTS
Spaghetti Thinking
The Process
Believe What God Believes
Transformed Understanding
A Heart Exposed - A Testimony
Spirit Versus Flesh
Let Go And Let God - A Testimony
What We Know Can Hurt Us
The Lie
Is What You Believe About God Really True?
Evil Genius – The Auto Loopback
You Live What You Believe
Faith Is A Gift
We Know Too Much
Who’s In Control?
The Power Of Unknown Beliefs
Your Feelings Can Lie
Removing Obstacles
CHAPTER FOUR END NOTES
CHAPTER FIVE
WHY WE ARE THE WAY WE ARE
We Need To Feel Important
The Holy Spirit And The Mind Of Christ
Understanding Yourself
CHAPTER SIX
LONGING FOR LOVE
The Desire To Be Accepted
Human Beings Versus Human Doings
CHAPTER SIX END NOTES
PART 3
CHAPTER SEVEN
WHOSE RESPONSIBILITY IS IT?
False Responsibilities
It Is Time To Question Our Results
CHAPTER EIGHT
EMOTIONS
What Causes Our Emotions?
Think The Truth Rather Than Feelings
The Importance Of Understanding
Self-talk And the Truth
CHAPTER EIGHT END NOTES
CHAPTER NINE
GOOD FUEL
Believing Starts Early
Believing - The Foundation Of Life
Man’s Greatest Need
You Don’t Have To Hit A Wall
CHAPTER NINE END NOTES
CHAPTER TEN
HOW BELIEVING WORKS
Trauma
The Source Of Every Symptom Is A Belief
Good Beliefs Versus Bad Ones
CHAPTER TEN END NOTE
CHAPTER ELEVEN
TRUTH VERSUS DECEPTION
Recognizing Lies
How Truth Affects Deception
Are You Willing?
Begin Learning the Truth
How Darkness Reacts To Light
The Power Of Your Beliefs
CHAPTER ELEVEN END NOTES
PART 4
CHAPTER TWELVE
THE LAST SIN
The Freedom To Be Honest
Something God Doesn’t Know
Why Forgiveness?
Coming To The Light
Love Casts Out Fear Of Rejection
Recognizing Wrong Beliefs
Repentance
The Greatest Change of Mind
Understanding Strongholds
The Experience
CHAPTER TWELVE END NOTES
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
GRACE
Grace and The Law
Obedience Through Grace
Use Your Symptoms To Learn God’s Solution
CHAPTER THIRTEEN END NOTES
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
ONLY BELIEVE
CHAPTER FOURTEEN END NOTES
MY SONG

The author has a blog site at:
http://www.theunseenbook.com/

Check it out!

The free kindle ebook can be obtained here:
http://www.amazon.com/UNSEEN-ebook/dp/B00AS10KJ2/

You do not need to own an Amazon Kindle reader to get or read this book. You will need an Amazon account (it's free and only requires an email address). If you don't own a Kindle you can download Kindle software to install on your computer, tablet or phone. The only widely used platform that won't run it is Linux. You can get the Kindle reader software here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=sv_kstore_3?ie=UTF8&docId=1000493771

2013/8/24 14:58Profile

©2002-2019 SermonIndex.net
Promoting Genuine Biblical Revival.
Privacy Policy